Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh no, what have I done .... ?  (Read 29086 times)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Oh no, what have I done .... ?
« Reply #195 on: 17 October 2012, 15:38:19 »

Cheers al. Just to make sure I cover everything.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 17 October 2012, 16:01:33 »

Should there be an unconnected pipe at the rear of the plenum, on the offside?

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 17 October 2012, 16:03:24 »

Sorry, cancel. It's the auto box breather isn't it  :-[

albitz

« Reply #198 on: 17 October 2012, 16:33:23 »

Yep. :y Have you checked for trapped cables,vac pipes etc particularily around the front of the camcovers ?

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 17 October 2012, 16:43:18 »

Can't find anything untoward at all  :-\
Nothing seems trapped, loose or unplugged. Put it back together and still the same. Had swapped the 1 and 3 plugs round, just to see if any change to the codes, but there's not.
Where now?

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: 17 October 2012, 17:55:20 »

you made sure those 6 'o' rings between the sandwich plate and plenum are in also? i nearly connected my plenum with one on the floor that i'd missed  :-\
RIP Paul Lovejoy

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 17 October 2012, 19:03:56 »

Yes mate I think they're all there thanks.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 17 October 2012, 20:16:49 »

I have just sat and read every post in this thread. To be fair I feel sorry for this guy. I know everyone is trying to help him but I do wonder if the guy knows which is his arse from his elbow with so many ideas...

Without offending anyone here as that is not my intention, there are some people who offer ideas who have no clue of what they are talking about.  MarkDTM mate is one of the one's to take notice of.  What he does not know about cars really ain't worth knowing. :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

albitz

« Reply #203 on: 17 October 2012, 20:57:30 »

Dont beat around the bush ffs.If you got something to say,just say it. :D ;D ;D

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 17 October 2012, 23:27:52 »

I have just sat and read every post in this thread. To be fair I feel sorry for this guy. I know everyone is trying to help him but I do wonder if the guy knows which is his arse from his elbow with so many ideas...

Without offending anyone here as that is not my intention, there are some people who offer ideas who have no clue of what they are talking about.  MarkDTM mate is one of the one's to take notice of.  What he does not know about cars really ain't worth knowing. :y

Yep, I'll hold my hands up and say I've offered some ideas without knowing whether they're correct or not...well more educated guesses... apologies for that and I won't be adding anymore.

Would love to hear your thoughts though Daz as this has gone 14 pages with no apparent solution.  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

albitz

« Reply #205 on: 17 October 2012, 23:31:35 »

Short version.Jonny car was running fine.He replaced camcover gaskets and now has what is apparently the worst misfire imaginable. Sems to have checked all the obvious things several times,but nothing obviously wrong. Beats me tbh. Wish I could help,but Ive no fresh ideas to offer.Poor bloke must be tearing his hair out.OOF brains usually come up with the solution long before now. :(

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 18 October 2012, 12:46:29 »

I'll get a reply to the above posts shortly, but in the interest of completeness I thought I'd check the timing as suggested. I don't have the 'kit' to do this properly, and I haven't touched it prior to the problems, but thought I would post a few pics before reassembly. I know it'll be hard to say for sure, but anything obviously wrong would stand out wouldn't it?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 18 October 2012, 13:23:50 »

Timing looks good (assuming crank was set on the TDC mark  :y).

When you did the cam covers, did you remove the injector connections from the injectors or the single multiplug at the rear.

Have you checked plugs 1 and 4 e.g. remove them and inspect them?

It might be worth trying to see if you are getting a spark on no 1 and 4 coil pack. This wont be easy without a test plug but you should be able rig something up with a suitably positioned screw driver inserted into the coil pack boot once the coil pack is removed from the 1-3-5 back (as this is easiest to do). try to set it so there is a 20-30mm gap between the screwdriver shaft and something metallic and grounded for the spark to jump to.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 18 October 2012, 13:51:01 »

Timing looks good (assuming crank was set on the TDC mark  :y).

When you did the cam covers, did you remove the injector connections from the injectors or the single multiplug at the rear.

Have you checked plugs 1 and 4 e.g. remove them and inspect them?

It might be worth trying to see if you are getting a spark on no 1 and 4 coil pack. This wont be easy without a test plug but you should be able rig something up with a suitably positioned screw driver inserted into the coil pack boot once the coil pack is removed from the 1-3-5 back (as this is easiest to do). try to set it so there is a 20-30mm gap between the screwdriver shaft and something metallic and grounded for the spark to jump to.

Sorry, just turned crank by hand until the first notch lined up, didn't consider TDC without the locking device  :-[   I'll have a look at that shortly before reassembly.

Removed the multiplug itself. I swapped plug 1 with plug 3 in an attempt to test the plug (not sure if this is right) but the fault code still indicates no. 1, with no mention of no.3. Can the injector plugs be switched, to rule that out? Or disconnected in some way? Though I guess this would add more codes  :-\

In relation to testing the spark, I'll have to work up to that  :o

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 18 October 2012, 21:34:19 »

If there is a problem with the coil pack, bearing in mind I have swapped some plugs to no avail, and there is a missfire, could that possibly cause such a racket? And would the knock sensors be reacting to the missfire?
I haven't checked the spark yet as Master directs, as I'm not entirely confident in carrying it out, so not sure there is a problem, but just trying to work it out in my head  :-X
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.