Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21   Go Down

Author Topic: The "Leave" campaign  (Read 44662 times)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: The "Leave" campaign
« Reply #60 on: 02 June 2016, 22:29:51 »

No it wouldn't!! If the EU remains in place, individual EU countries will be unable to conclude individual deals — only Brussels can do that.
Well that's bad news if we exit.

Of course it isn't. We will carry on trading as usual. If the EU has taken 50 years to negotiate not one trade agreement with a top ten economy, then our fellow European countries will not wait for the EU to negotiate a deal with us. They'll just get on with trading.
You do realise that our top export country is the US, with whom we do not have a trade agreement?

and it's "dangleberries" to think that any country in the world would shun us after Brexit.
Surely that's a contradiction of above?  As we have to appease 27 countries at a time.  And a very disparate 27 counties.

No, it's not a contradiction. Merely pointing out that, in spite of the fact that the remaining members of the EU would be unable to negotiate separate agreements with us, we are too big to be shunned anyway.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 02 June 2016, 22:39:52 »

A really interesting thread this... The leave lovers can find and quote "facts" to help the discussion go their way but those same arguments (and others) can be used for staying! And vice versa :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 02 June 2016, 22:48:27 »

Of course, no one has mentioned the fact that, if we do vote to Remain, we will be treated like a whimpering dog returning to its master with its tail between its legs. The EU will see us as a weak member, as we will have no ammo left, and so will push forward with further rapid integration to an EU superstate.

We would have less influence than before (which was negligible). :( :(

Vote Leave!

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 02 June 2016, 22:57:04 »

Well here are a couple of easy facts we have a very large national debt that despite all the extra people and cuts to services is still going up! And my pension age went up at 50 to 67 and for you with children 70 unless they add a couple years like they did to me by the time they get to 50. Out is the only way because in isn't working, then less immigration from everywhere and train our young people for the skills we need. I do wonder when there are only two net contributers to the EU, us and Germany its just like Eurovision we pay and come last!! I'm just about to Google retirement ages across the EU  surely nobody works later than 70!!

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 02 June 2016, 22:59:23 »

Off to see Farage in Bristol on Saturday to say THANK YOU!!

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 02 June 2016, 23:24:32 »

Off to see Farage in Bristol on Saturday to say THANK YOU!!

+1  :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 03 June 2016, 22:15:25 »

I've read all of this with interest.
All I will say is for those who think we need Europe more than it needs us,, Go and sit at any major ferry port(Dover) and watch the trucks entering the UK and those leaving, You will notice very quickly, it's about 10 to 2, that's 10 European trucks to 2 UK registered trucks.
Hoof'land storeman.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 03 June 2016, 22:20:19 »

All I will say is for those who think we need Europe more than it needs us,, Go and sit at any major ferry port(Dover) and watch the trucks entering the UK and those leaving, You will notice very quickly, it's about 10 to 2, that's 10 European trucks to 2 UK registered trucks.

The 10 European trucks will not travel back empty ... they will take our exports back with them.... there will be more European trucks as they come from far more countries (27 I believe :) ) so not a very good analysis tool IMHO .. :), unless you can factually prove that they arrive full and leave empty .... which no haulage company could survive on .....  :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 03 June 2016, 22:31:49 »

The 10 European trucks will not travel back empty ... they will take our exports back with them.... there will be more European trucks as they come from far more countries (27 I believe :) ) so not a very good analysis tool IMHO .. :), unless you can factually prove that they arrive full and leave empty .... which no haulage company could survive on .....  :)

There's a higher percentage that go back empty.
Bulgarian bob, drives a Romanian registered truck pulling a German trailer, delivering Spanish lettuce to Aldi, that truck then goes back to Belgium or Holland and loads chips back to KFC, they yo-yo across the channel for 8weeks.

I see things that you won't believe.
Europe needs us more.

I know it's old and worn but we have the commonwealth, we can get everything we need from it, wouldn't take long to start again, think what can't we get from the commonwealth.
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 03 June 2016, 23:02:29 »

think what can't we get from the commonwealth.

Sauerkraut!  :P
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #70 on: 04 June 2016, 09:50:01 »

think what can't we get from the commonwealth.

Sauerkraut!  :P
Be plenty of that if we leave :D

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 04 June 2016, 20:57:52 »

In Bristol today at the Grassroots Out campaign,first on stage Dr Liam Fox(Con) generous applause and has to be said a very good speaker then he introduced the next guest without whom we would not be having this chance. From the back of the room with security like a boxer entering the ring he walked forward and everyone stood up and applauded,quite remarkable really!! I think it was respect ! I wonder what Liam Fox was thinking? If you like watching this nobody getting this attention and for a politician too!! I had a great day and for a first timer it was an eye opener,so if you get the chance go and watch him before the 23rd our Independence Day!!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 04 June 2016, 21:25:13 »

In Bristol today at the Grassroots Out campaign,first on stage Dr Liam Fox(Con) generous applause and has to be said a very good speaker then he introduced the next guest without whom we would not be having this chance. From the back of the room with security like a boxer entering the ring he walked forward and everyone stood up and applauded,quite remarkable really!! I think it was respect ! I wonder what Liam Fox was thinking? If you like watching this nobody getting this attention and for a politician too!! I had a great day and for a first timer it was an eye opener,so if you get the chance go and watch him before the 23rd our Independence Day!!

That's all well and good, but at these sort of meetings they're preaching to the converted.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 04 June 2016, 22:57:53 »

I think it's beginning to look that way

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 05 June 2016, 08:49:15 »

I agree with you that most were but not all and that's why out of curiosity if nothing else you should give it a chance.Never in my life have i ever been so interested in politics,his views in particular i find much more engaging but if you don't maybe after watching you will!!!! Worth a mention about a mile away there were police in riot gear for a far left v far right demo now that is the extreme end in action!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.