Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting take on George Floyd.  (Read 27890 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting take on George Floyd.
« Reply #135 on: 12 June 2020, 13:40:36 »

Who on hear remembers the Enoch Powell speech ?

I was about 8 or 9 at the time. I remember people talking about it but didn't understand the significance.

If memory serves Ted sacked Enoch.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 12 June 2020, 13:53:57 »

I was about 8 or 9 at the time. I remember people talking about it but didn't understand the significance.

It was referred to as the " Rivers of blood" speech if my memory serves me correctly , he wasn't far off the truth with what's happening now .
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #137 on: 12 June 2020, 14:13:36 »

It was referred to as the " Rivers of blood" speech if my memory serves me correctly , he wasn't far off the truth with what's happening now .
At the demos now, it's only rivers of piss. But you never know.  :-X

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 12 June 2020, 14:40:47 »

Once again London is the target again at the weekend, did the water cannons get sold off ? I think there was talk about it around 2011, sooner see real bullets myself but I'm old school.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #139 on: 12 June 2020, 14:53:33 »

Once again London is the target again at the weekend, did the water cannons get sold off ? I think there was talk about it around 2011, sooner see real bullets myself but I'm old school.
Been brought forward to today. Tommy Robinson's mob were on their way down to protect Churchills statue, god bless 'em  ;D

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 12 June 2020, 16:32:25 »

Been brought forward to today. Tommy Robinson's mob were on their way down to protect Churchills statue, god bless 'em  ;D

Well done Tommy 😁

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 12 June 2020, 17:35:40 »

Yes, remember it well in the great year of 1968 :y :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 12 June 2020, 17:49:23 »

David Attenborough is the latest target apparently.  ::)
Why not just erase all film and burn all books which are pre 2000 ? Mao would be so proud.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #143 on: 12 June 2020, 17:51:32 »

I'm glad that it's going so far, it makes it look ridiculous, which it is. Instead of changing things for the better, people will just see them as a bunch of cranks.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 12 June 2020, 17:54:36 »

Was just thinking similar. He is a national treasure. Probably second only to The Queen. When they take aim at him, surely a lot of people with a sliver of common sense will think "hang on a minute..."
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 12 June 2020, 17:55:04 »

Churchills statue is being boxed in to save it from further damage, which to me is an admission that the Police have lost control of Londons streets.

I find it unbelievable that the Black Lives Matter mob are targeting this statue in particular.  Do they not know that this great man stood firm and led our country in the fight against the worst racist in history who believed white Germans, Arians, were the true leaders of all men and all others could be eradicated.

Let the mobs, who are fast losing general public sympathy and tempting the rise of the ever growing far right wing, realise that ALL LIVES MATTER, and people in our shared British history, although flawed like Churchill, fought for the long term justice of all nations.

Perhaps those who lead the protests should go out to the corrupt African states who treat their citizens with contempt, misery and even death, and protest that Black Lives Matter there!!

No one has the right to air brush out history, as that history makes us who we are now, with all our mistakes over centuries, and how we know what improvements we must make to the lives of all throughout the country.

If we forget, heaven forbid, at some distant point in the future what has happened in the past, which should always be with us, then we will not recognise a pattern of events building that could well result in major dangers to our whole civilisation.

Only the ignorant and stupid will take that route  I was taught at school in my day about the evils of slavery, so why do some now doubt that children of today, with the internet, do not know all that as well?

Getting fed up with the nonsense now, which is putting the very lives of the BAME communities, that they are shouting out about mattering,  at great risk of the virus.  Our police forces, though not perfect, do operate on a policy of Policing by Consent, and are no where near as bad as those in the US which, rightly, have been highlighted in the awful way they have. >:( >:( 
« Last Edit: 12 June 2020, 17:58:22 by Lizzie Zoom »

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 12 June 2020, 17:58:54 »

I don't think that I've felt this angry for years, god alone knows what kind of future my grandkids are going to have .

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 12 June 2020, 18:01:24 »

I was 24 when Powell made that speech. He was vilified at the time, but as things are going, he wasn't far out.

STEMO

« Reply #148 on: 12 June 2020, 18:44:43 »

I was 24 when Powell made that speech. He was vilified at the time, but as things are going, he wasn't far out.
I don't mind, as long as the blood is coming from the right places  :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 12 June 2020, 18:56:54 »

I don't mind, as long as the blood is coming from the right places  :)

What I'd give to be a sniper , legally of course.😎
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.