Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 113   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 158620 times)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #540 on: 04 March 2023, 08:54:08 »

Around here as soon as the sun comes out the roads are jammed with weekend wanabe tour de France riders in packs, then about every 2 weeks they have cycle races on the same patch of roads. Now where do I fit the machine guns to on the Yeti?

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 04 March 2023, 09:58:21 »

I find a good sized exhaust coming straight from the turbo with just a tail box and a bit of intake surging on approach warns of impending danger pretty well :y ;D
Laying a rubber road.

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 04 March 2023, 19:39:15 »

Get a turbo diesel and disconnect an intercooler pipe. Boot it when passing said road abusers and watch the fun.
Ask me how I know

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 04 March 2023, 19:49:17 »

The puff of soot as you drop a couple of gears and stomp on it is always satisfying. And I always make a point of wanting until I can use the other side of the road to pass rather that forcing by.

They can whine about the cloud or they can get squished, but I won't overtake unless I can do it properly and without dawdling >:D
Onanists always think outside the box.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 05 March 2023, 10:44:26 »

The puff of soot as you drop a couple of gears and stomp on it is always satisfying. And I always make a point of wanting until I can use the other side of the road to pass rather that forcing by.

They can whine about the cloud or they can get squished, but I won't overtake unless I can do it properly and without dawdling >:D
Don't forget to wash your windscreen and headlights as you pass.....
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 05 March 2023, 12:58:45 »

Don't forget to wash your windscreen and headlights as you pass.....
Good point. That's five times too, because the headlights only spray every fifth go with the screen washers >:D

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: 06 March 2023, 04:31:10 »

Many of my neighbours have recently started to park partially on the pavement. I know that modern cars are far bigger than their older equivalents, but it's still possible for the dustcart(and recovery trucks going to the garage) to get past when they're parked properly. Nor does it create any extra spaces, as it's often necessary to park 1/4 mile away when getting home late. have I missed some vital update why this is happening, as it's not been needed for the last fifty years?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 06 March 2023, 07:42:11 »

I have noticed that around here too. Surely it is exactly the type of thing that neighbourhood wardens etc should be stamping out :-\

I remember in the mid '90s a knock on the door at my Nans house at about 1 am because either my Dad or I had parked a car facing the wrong way. My Nan lived two houses from the end of a cul de sac in the depths of a seventies development in a quiet Norfolk village, but back then rules were rules.

Nowadays there seems to be an ism for everything and people are either becoming more stupid/selfish/obnoxious/entitled* with the passing of each day :-\

*delete or highlight as many as appropriate.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 06 March 2023, 08:40:55 »

Many of my neighbours have recently started to park partially on the pavement. I know that modern cars are far bigger than their older equivalents, but it's still possible for the dustcart(and recovery trucks going to the garage) to get past when they're parked properly. Nor does it create any extra spaces, as it's often necessary to park 1/4 mile away when getting home late. have I missed some vital update why this is happening, as it's not been needed for the last fifty years?

Every house in our road has a garage some with double garages, but it's only one other neighbour & myself that garage our vehicles most of the others are filled with rubbish, very strange to leave thousands of pounds worth of vehicles in the driveway or in the road when you could keep them under cover nowt so strange as folk !
« Last Edit: 06 March 2023, 08:56:34 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 06 March 2023, 08:58:30 »

We have almost enough driveway space for three cars, but the garage isn't long enough to get much more than a small hatchback into, and being a '50/60s house isn't wide enough to get a modest modern car into and open the door. So it's used as a laundry room/shed.

Currently have one car, so obviously that gets parked on the drive.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: 06 March 2023, 09:33:33 »

The only houses in this street that have off-street parking are the four new townhouses that replaced a block of twelve lock-up garages. That wasn't many when the house numbers reach 321. For some reason, garages weren't considered important in 1913 ::)

What really puzzles me is why so many of my neighbours have suddenly started parking like this when there is no need for it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 06 March 2023, 09:54:05 »

One person does it and suddenly it becomes a 'thing'

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 06 March 2023, 10:33:01 »

There are a small number of morons on the estate where i live who not only park with two wheels on the pavement, but all four. This makes it impossible for mums with buggies or wheelchair users to avoid having to go into the road.  >:( Luckily we have a jobsworth local councillor who soon points out the error of their ways. If they fail to take heed or tell him to naff off, they get a quick visit from his son, who is a traffic cop. ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 06 March 2023, 10:57:27 »

There are a small number of morons on the estate where i live who not only park with two wheels on the pavement, but all four. This makes it impossible for mums with buggies or wheelchair users to avoid having to go into the road.  >:( Luckily we have a jobsworth local councillor who soon points out the error of their ways. If they fail to take heed or tell him to naff off, they get a quick visit from his son, who is a traffic cop. ;D
Nice to see there's still some common sense in East Anglia :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 06 March 2023, 11:10:45 »

My doctor.

Had a sinus infection all weekend. I get one or two a year, a week on antibiotics and job done, although being allergic to penecilin, means the stuff I usually have is brutally effective but a side effect is sunlight makes me nauseous, so no working whilst on them. And as I have a week off, it makes sense to stop the infection stone dead.

124 attempts to get through to request a repeat prescription. "We don't do them, you need to see the Doctor."

Described the symptoms and explained that after a weekend on decongestants the sinus pain and temperature have eased. "if you still have any symptoms in a week, then pop back, but it's probably a virus, so no antibiotics." May as well have stayed in bed >:(

If I end up being off for a month with it, then I'll send her the bill for my wages.

If you have had the same thing once or twice a year, for as long as you can remember, you would like to think that you might have a rough idea of what it is and how to deal with it. I wasn't asking for her opinion, oppsing dickhead >:( :-X

Rant over, time for a cuppa.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 113   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.