Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3145545 times)

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1740 on: 12 February 2012, 01:44:28 »

Changed a 3.0 V6 Thermostat and full service in Surrey. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Glad you got sorted though  :y did all go to plan?

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: 12 February 2012, 09:00:21 »

Gah!! had to change a set of glowplugs on a vw 2.5tdi 5 cylinder yesterday, pain in the arse job!!! :-[

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: 12 February 2012, 09:54:37 »

Rebooted the arse end of the Silver Bullet yesterday, and got the geometry tweaked. Geometry wasn't too bad, despite the poly bush fitting a few months ago. Oddly, rear toe had drifted, not quite sure how. At the front, NSF camber had altered - whether polys did that, or one of the various launches its had over the past year...   ...not to mention, as those who have been to my gaff, all those vicious speed bumps.

On the way back, I decided to have myself some fun aroud the lanes. Despite the low temps, the roads were again spookily dry, and the wet/icy parts easily visible. An odd sensation whacking through the lanes with snow everywhere. Although after 20 mins, I started getting neck ache, so went back to Miss Daisy mode.
Grumpy old man

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: 12 February 2012, 10:07:04 »

Put a new MoT on the 3.2 elite Friday small hickup with a rubber ball joint dust cover but all done for another year :y. Now need to do the brothers elite estate dti for an MoT soon, not very nice working on cars outside when it's Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr -8 :-\

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: 12 February 2012, 10:31:32 »

Couple of fuel drains yesterday on other peoples cars but bloody cold!

Neighbour needs the rear pads changing on his Avensis but not sure I fancy being outside today ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

omega3000

« Reply #1745 on: 12 February 2012, 10:32:41 »

Went to the shop round the corner "wont be long"  :-X

Took me half an hour as decided to blow some long overdue cobwebs out ...... :P

Must change the front tyres .

Checked all fluid levels "spot on" .

Need to do some bodywork but far too cold .

feeutfo

« Reply #1746 on: 12 February 2012, 12:42:59 »

Rebooted the arse end of the Silver Bullet yesterday, and got the geometry tweaked. Geometry wasn't too bad, despite the poly bush fitting a few months ago. Oddly, rear toe had drifted, not quite sure how. At the front, NSF camber had altered - whether polys did that, or one of the various launches its had over the past year...   ...not to mention, as those who have been to my gaff, all those vicious speed bumps.

On the way back, I decided to have myself some fun aroud the lanes. Despite the low temps, the roads were again spookily dry, and the wet/icy parts easily visible. An odd sensation whacking through the lanes with snow everywhere. Although after 20 mins, I started getting neck ache, so went back to Miss Daisy mode.
Have you seen the quack yet?

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: 12 February 2012, 12:47:24 »

I think we both know the answer to that ::)

TB, you need to get to the quack... I know you dislike them but you must get checked out. You obviously have some underlying issues that need sorting or you will have serious problems for life ;)

There is talk that my back issues are all related to an accident I had back in the '90's

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: 12 February 2012, 13:07:36 »

Just topped up the Elite as i had 10p off a ltr so put 47.28ltrs of momentum99 in that took it down to £1.28ltr. then went home to see why the Astra H heater was not pushing out hot air, only to find out there was no coolent in the header tank(only checked it the other day) so topped up with 50/50 mix, took it out for a run and i can't find the leak anywhere ??? :-\ that will be another cold job this week :'(

aaronjb

« Reply #1749 on: 12 February 2012, 13:49:00 »

Somehow I suspect the only thing that'd make TB go to the quack is if his head dropped clean off his neck!

bored bigyin54

• Omega Baron
  • south wales
  • iron maiden rocks very sad at the moment
    • black beast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: 12 February 2012, 14:45:28 »

just given the car a wash  get the salt off

omega3000

« Reply #1751 on: 12 February 2012, 21:04:12 »

Edit

Swore at it !!!!!  Coolant light on again after all i done  >:(

PAULCDX

« Reply #1752 on: 12 February 2012, 21:11:35 »

I've had the theromostat changed on my V6 today, by JamesV6CDX....... I've now got heating that works lol.....  ;D

Nice one James !  :y

Omega_Dan

« Reply #1753 on: 12 February 2012, 21:32:32 »

General lights and levels check and a good wash as it was covered in crap from the recent weather. Lowered suspension had a good workout today as me and 4 Mates went out in it. There all about 13 to 14 stone and im 16 ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: 12 February 2012, 22:27:03 »

Went to get something out of it and discovered the battery was flat >:( Not really surprising... I don't think it's moved for 6 weeks and certainly hasn't been started for over a month ::)

Guess I'll have to get some petrol into it so I can start it and charge the battery ;D

Stripped down the rear brakes on the neighbours Avensis to find that he'd been given the wrong pads too ::)

Oh... And another couple of drains for other people :y
« Last Edit: 12 February 2012, 22:38:22 by Lazydocker »

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.