Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3145819 times)

JasonH and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #3750 on: 23 November 2012, 22:16:30 »

37.5k service on my 13 month old van :'( and checked lead times for a new one :y
That's a French service interval if ever there was ::)
12.5k service intervals ::) ::)

Work this one out though... Same engine in an Expert (instead of a Partner), 20k intervals ::) ::)

TBH, as soon as it's out of warranty I'll do it myself :y I've already spoken to the Parts Manager today and he's agreed to give me Trade/Trade Club prices over the counter :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: 23 November 2012, 22:16:46 »

took advantage of the sunny weather...washed and polished car and checked all levels and tyres... :y

05omegav6

« Reply #3752 on: 23 November 2012, 22:23:11 »

VAG 1.9tdi cambelt intervals vary from 60-80k depending on the badge ::)

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: 23 November 2012, 22:23:21 »

took advantage of the sunny weather...washed and polished car and checked all levels and tyres... :y
[/highlight]

WHAT! you had that much time between the 'eye' passing over & the storm starting again :o ;D
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: 24 November 2012, 09:15:59 »

MOT'd the 2.2 DTi estate at the local Vauxhall garage and it passed without advisories :)
Retired

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: 24 November 2012, 11:26:23 »

Replaced the passenger door lock motor on the V6.

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3756 on: 24 November 2012, 11:28:47 »

NOTHING TODAY, and it is great!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

After two weeks of it I have had enough....................for now :D

05omegav6

« Reply #3757 on: 24 November 2012, 11:52:26 »

Was considering washing mine...

Until I opened the curtains ;D

Might just spray car shampoo over it and let the wind and rain do the work ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: 24 November 2012, 12:55:49 »

37.5k service on my 13 month old van :'( and checked lead times for a new one :y

Work this one out though... Same engine in an Expert (instead of a Partner), 20k intervals ::) ::)

TBH, as soon as it's out of warranty I'll do it myself :y I've already spoken to the Parts Manager today and he's agreed to give me Trade/Trade Club prices over the counter :y
How long do you plan to keep them? Age or mileage?

I imagine, ignoring cost of the van itself, the refitting is a significant cost.

If you are keeping for more than 60-80k, is it worth, even now, doing a couple of oil changes in between the serviced ones?
Grumpy old man

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: 24 November 2012, 20:25:06 »

When got home my new camshaft and lifters for V8 turned up- fit tomorrow-take an hour :y :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

albitz

« Reply #3760 on: 24 November 2012, 20:47:31 »

Made a start on cutting out holes in rear shelf so I can install Bose shelf with blind. Hopefully finish it tomorrow.Then hopefully run th Bose loom through the car to the drivers kick panel,where things will no doubt get a bit complicated.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: 24 November 2012, 23:15:25 »

How long do you plan to keep them? Age or mileage?

I imagine, ignoring cost of the van itself, the refitting is a significant cost.

If you are keeping for more than 60-80k, is it worth, even now, doing a couple of oil changes in between the serviced ones?

TBH, the majority of the kit will unbolt and transfer but they will be having extra changes... Trouble is, Peugeot insist on Fully Synth 0W-30 and I'm reluctant to bin that at what they charge ::)

I expect they'll be on the road to about 200-250k if I can keep them going at sensible cost ::) But, TBH, they don't do short runs... They're started and run for a minimum of 2-3 hors at a time (as a general rule) and already serviced every 12-15 weeks ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: 24 November 2012, 23:20:52 »

TBH, the majority of the kit will unbolt and transfer but they will be having extra changes... Trouble is, Peugeot insist on Fully Synth 0W-30 and I'm reluctant to bin that at what they charge ::)

I expect they'll be on the road to about 200-250k if I can keep them going at sensible cost ::) But, TBH, they don't do short runs... They're started and run for a minimum of 2-3 hors at a time (as a general rule) and already serviced every 12-15 weeks ::)

With fully synth and that sort of regime the mileage between services is pretty much irrelevant, IMHO. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: 25 November 2012, 00:02:00 »

With fully synth and that sort of regime the mileage between services is pretty much irrelevant, IMHO. :y

Kind of my line of thought TBH Kevin... Glad someone else is thinking the same :y

Once out of warranty they'll have monthly oil and filter changes with good old Vx ::) Although I may well still use synth instead of semi :-\ Thankfully Peugeot do Trade Club too and my local stealer have agreed to give me TC prices :y Just hope they're as good as Vx :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: 25 November 2012, 10:38:26 »

But its diesel, and all the combustion particulates end up suspended in the oil.

Given that CrippleBack wants 250k out of them, I'd be slapping in cheap, fresh oil more regularly.
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.