Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3145859 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #4080 on: 08 January 2013, 16:38:29 »

I've had next to no heat in the cabin for a few months now so on sunday I decided to do something about it  ::)

Tried getting the pipes off the matrix and bust one of the clips so I ended up pulling the plenum / trumpets off and disconecting the bloody thing from the back of the engine block / Hbv  ::)

Tried the old method of flushing it with nice hot water and soap powder but it was that bunged up I could hardly blow threw it  :(  so it was time for drastic measures  ;)

Off down the local plumbers merchants and retuned with 1 bottle of Fernox radiator cleaner  :y

Sunday morning, I dragged the pipes up as high as I could, blanked the lower one off with a pair of molegrips and in the fernox went  ;)

I must admit, I thought I was peeing in the wind with this but this lunchtime, I bodged  carefully taped the top pipes open end to the aquavac's pipe and switched the thing on.
After a few seconds of the vac sqealling away, I removed the molegrips off the botton hose and with a big gulp, it sucked out the fernox and about a cup full of brown sludge  :) :y :y

1 hour to rebuild the top of the engine and I fired it up.

Hell, its like a sauna in there now  :y
It is without doub't the hottest heater i've ever felt on a omega  :)

I've just text the missus to tell her i'll be picking her up from work later in my shorts and flipflops  :D :D

But, as in the gonad family, nothing is perfect ............... the bloody cam covers gone on the passenger side  ::) :'( :'(

Oh well, thats a job for another day  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: 08 January 2013, 18:00:27 »

Indeed, one job at a time, TG :y
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: 08 January 2013, 19:52:24 »

Chucked Pedders bushes in the boot of the V6 so they can get to know the wishbones, wishbone front and rear polly bushes, B4 shocks, spring seats and various other new bits that will all be fitted in the 2013 Epic Project called 'either Fix it or Flog it or Set fire to it'  ;D

Problem is Project 'Cambelt Kit and Exhaust' is slightly more important at the moment.

Next problem is Project 'DTi inlet clean' is far more urgent than all of them!

So... yep i've done absolutely nothing on my cars today  :D

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: 08 January 2013, 20:03:30 »

While the Omega was off the road with no MOT I've been running about in SWTSMBO clit .. horrible little thing that it is ... although it now seems to have a bit more "oomph" than when I first drove it ..... however, every time I braked there was an odd noise from the rear nearside. Now the Omega is officially "well" again I thought I'd take a peep at the clit's brakes ...

Near side, shoes about 1/8" left but the whole inside of the drum sopping wet with hydraulic fluid .... :(

Off side 1/16" left, dry but the slave cylinder showing signs of wet, especially if you squeeze the end covers.

So off to the Renault dealers for 4 shoes & 2 slave cylinders ... very friendly guy tells me they do a "kit" to do both sides, with all the shoes/springs/slave cylinders etc etc  everything for £87 odd plus the dreaded ... OK says I and gets out the plastic to pay ... at the same time saying .. "shame you guys don't do a Trade Club card like Vauxhall" and flashing the ABS TC ... "yeah" says he ...  "but if put it through this account here you'll get full trade discount .. that be OK?"... magic says I .. and gets charged just £63 + the dreaded :)

Unfortunately not held in stock but will be in by 09:30 tomorrow, so I returned home and stripped out and cleaned up both sides all ready for the new bits in the morning ...

Always worth a polite ask  IMHO .. :)  :)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: 08 January 2013, 20:07:29 »

Yep... Peugeot do a Trade Club but want commitment for £250 ex VAT per month so he just said they'll do TC or Trade (whichever is cheaper) whenever I need something ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: 08 January 2013, 22:03:22 »

New battery arrived for the Westfield. :D

I had a suspicion that mail ordering it was a bad idea, though >:( Thank you Useless Pratt Service. One of your retards obviously read the "Fragile" sticker (one of the bright ones, then) and it was a red rag to a bull. One cardboard box full of battery acid, and a battery missing a corner. :'(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4086 on: 08 January 2013, 22:13:00 »

I had a suspicion that mail ordering it was a bad idea, though >:( Thank you Useless Pratt Service. One of your retards obviously read the "Fragile" sticker (one of the bright ones, then) and it was a red rag to a bull. One cardboard box full of battery acid, and a battery missing a corner. :'(

???  joys of virtual shopping... I had bad experiences with batteries.. I never buy a battery before the seller checks every point in my car.. so they cant claim the car to be faulty

« Last Edit: 08 January 2013, 22:15:21 by cem »

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: 08 January 2013, 22:16:04 »

I went for a little pootle with my Pedder bushes and new shocks fitted. it's so much better. No longer will people get sea sick in the rear.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

feeutfo

« Reply #4088 on: 08 January 2013, 22:27:14 »

I went for a little pootle with my Pedder bushes and new shocks fitted. it's so much better. No longer will people get sea sick in the rear.
:y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: 08 January 2013, 22:28:56 »

???  joys of virtual shopping... I had bad experiences with batteries.. I never buy a battery before the seller checks every point in my car.. so they cant claim the car to be faulty

Problem is, the battery is tiny, from a Renault 4 or something, and going obsolete. ;D Having trouble finding a motor factors who stock it. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: 08 January 2013, 22:34:49 »

Yep... Peugeot do a Trade Club but want commitment for £250 ex VAT per month so he just said they'll do TC or Trade (whichever is cheaper) whenever I need something ;)

I'm in the Peugeot trade club down here but there are no targets to reach to get it,must be just that dealership ???
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: 08 January 2013, 23:23:01 »

I'm in the Peugeot trade club down here but there are no targets to reach to get it,must be just that dealership ???

It was the parts manager I spoke with... Matters not anyway, he's a nice fella and agreed to give the prices :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #4092 on: 09 January 2013, 00:20:14 »

Problem is, the battery is tiny, from a Renault 4 or something, and going obsolete. ;D Having trouble finding a motor factors who stock it. ::)
Might a biggish bike battery do the job Kevin ?

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: 09 January 2013, 07:18:21 »

An MX5 battery is very small :y
Retired

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: 09 January 2013, 08:25:48 »

An MX5 battery is very small :y

Yep, considered both of the above, especially the bike battery as that could save some weight but decided, as the Omega is awaiting a new exhaust, just to slap the same one back in this time.

Never mind. Seller has posted another one, so maybe...

MX5 batteries seem bullet proof. Mrs. KW's is on the original Panasonic(?) AGM battery that it had from new, and it's still going strong 13 years and 140k later.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.