Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122837 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #6930 on: 20 February 2014, 10:15:28 »

Yesterday I did a full spruce up of my interior, it contrasts beautifully with the winter filth on the outside :y
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

chrisgixer

« Reply #6931 on: 20 February 2014, 14:21:38 »

Changed the oil and filter on the Y26SE last night, started well and after a few minutes pretty quiet to

Project? Or members car...?

Doesn't seem to be many v engines about now. Gen help may as well be the four pot section these days.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: 20 February 2014, 14:23:13 »

Changed the oil and filter on the Y26SE last night, started well and after a few minutes pretty quiet to

Doesn't seem to be many v engines about now. Gen help may as well be the four pot section these days.
:P ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

chrisgixer

« Reply #6933 on: 20 February 2014, 14:25:20 »

:P ;D

... Bah, the V's are too reliable Rob ;D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: 20 February 2014, 14:28:14 »

Members car :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: 20 February 2014, 14:39:02 »

True enough. Mine's just had its' 4th cam belt kit ordered - 159k and it's sweet as a nut. :y

I think it's only had a crank sensor, thermostat and cam cover gaskets. Even the coil packs are original.

If you get a proper engine you don't have the clutter the place up with posts asking how to make it faster either. ;)

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #6936 on: 20 February 2014, 14:43:55 »

True enough. Mine's just had its' 4th cam belt kit ordered - 159k and it's sweet as a nut. :y

I think it's only had a crank sensor, thermostat and cam cover gaskets. Even the coil packs are original.

If you get a proper engine you don't have the clutter the place up with posts asking how to make it faster either. ;)
I'll raise a glass to that ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: 20 February 2014, 14:57:54 »

My beloved Silver Bullet is on its umtempth cambelt kit, and the clock reads 214k (although the speedo didn't work for most of last year ::)), and goes like the clappers still.

Its let me down twice - both times cranksensor, once infamously in France (loloaded back home) and once at the NEC (swapped sensor in carpark). Its had a set of HGs, 3 sets of camcover gaskets (2nd 2 sets not required, but done for other reasons) and loads of AC compressors. Everything else has been service items (if you included a routine waterpump repacement every 2 cambelts a service item).  Even the DIS and plug leads are original.

Downside is it pisses oil everywhere (lost for ideas on that one), and has a coolant habit (when I have a garage to do car work again, I'll take a peek).
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: 20 February 2014, 14:59:03 »

Oh, and I'm pretty certain MDTM popped on a new stat when he did the HGs on that day in Telford. Old one was just showing signs of tiredness. Can't recall changing it since on that car (but have on my other Omegas)
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: 20 February 2014, 18:46:40 »

New set of rear tyres, 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's 235/45R17 97Y XL @ £118.50 each, fully fitted and balanced, total cost £237.00

Old ones had lasted 15602 miles. Fronts still got a little life in them, will be replaced once the weather changes and the wishbones are replaced...

:)
« Last Edit: 20 February 2014, 18:48:49 by Entwood »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: 20 February 2014, 18:50:25 »

New set of rear tyres, 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's 235/45R17 97Y XL @ £118.50 each, fully fitted and balanced, total cost £237.00

Old ones had lasted 15602 miles. Fronts still got a little life in them, will be replaced once the weather changes and the wishbones are replaced...

Good price Nige. Who from? :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6941 on: 20 February 2014, 19:01:01 »

Now I've got a few miles on mine, I'm a little disappointed with grip  :'(. As I could get 10-12k off the rears when running TTs and RTs, I'd expect 20k+ from these F1s  :-\
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: 20 February 2014, 19:51:04 »

Good price Nige. Who from? :y

I took the risk and went "ASDAtyres" as per a previous thread, you order from their website, and choose a fitter, my nearest was Halfords. Job was done correctly, although they initially tried to hassle me for "extras" ... soon stopped that :) Bloke running the place admitted to surprise that Halfords link to ASDATyres as the profit margin is "ridiculous"    I don't really care ...

http://www.asdatyres.co.uk/235-45-17

chrisgixer

« Reply #6943 on: 20 February 2014, 19:58:06 »

Now I've got a few miles on mine, I'm a little disappointed with grip  :'(. As I could get 10-12k off the rears when running TTs and RTs, I'd expect 20k+ from these F1s  :-\
Sc3 mo have better grip and last longer.

Edit to add, sc3 are noisier though.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: 20 February 2014, 20:06:03 »

Sc3 mo have better grip and last longer.

Edit to add, sc3 are noisier though.

SC3 MO are about the same price on ASDAtyres .. but only in 94W, no 97Y XL.. :(

My understanding (probably wrong) is that the 3.2 Omega requires 97Y speed ratings ?

I like XL due to: usualy full LPG tank in the boot, often has "some" towing weight that sits on the back end.

Just my thoughts .. nowt else :)

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.