Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3146706 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #8895 on: 05 November 2014, 19:19:09 »

Winter damper thread perhaps?  ;D
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: 05 November 2014, 19:29:37 »

Yep, the rubber in the tyres will be less compliant at low temperatures, although they'll warm considerably once on the move. Shock absorbers will also offer more damping when the fluid inside is cold, of course. Pretty much everything will move towards less compliance in the cold.

.. and more power from the engine can often make this all the more apparent. ::)

Always thought it was my imagination , obviously not.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8897 on: 05 November 2014, 19:47:19 »

Yep, the rubber in the tyres will be less compliant at low temperatures, although they'll warm considerably once on the move. Shock absorbers will also offer more damping when the fluid inside is cold, of course. Pretty much everything will move towards less compliance in the cold.

.. and more power from the engine can often make this all the more apparent. ::)

Engines love cold, dense, slightly damp air :y
Grumpy old man

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: 05 November 2014, 20:31:40 »

Especially the turbo charged variety or any type of forced induction :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

chrisgixer

« Reply #8899 on: 05 November 2014, 20:33:35 »

Damper oil is warmed by the action of the suspension. But I'd duggest Bilstein b4 aren't safisticated enough to suffer from oil thinning on the road. It's not until you get into multiple shim stacks and multi adjustable high and low speed damping does oil performance tail off become noticeable Ime.

But more over, if damper oil performance was an issues it would show up at the same point in a known journey, and more importantly not become doubly worse when poly rear donuts are fitted. ;)

chrisgixer

« Reply #8900 on: 05 November 2014, 20:43:02 »

They do. Noticeable on Omega, runs much more crisply in the cold. Bikes especially being more highly strung, even filling up with noticeably cold fuel on a hot day can cool the incoming air charge enough to smooth out an engine on a hot day, until Ambiant air and heat soak from the engine warms the fuel and the effect is lost. The zx9 c1/2 has a large tank that forces the rider to hug the tank with the legs and inner thighs. The fuel temp is very noticeable. :)

The Sheriff

« Reply #8901 on: 05 November 2014, 20:45:46 »

I thought inner thighs were a part of legs. We live and learn.

chrisgixer

« Reply #8902 on: 05 November 2014, 21:33:50 »

I thought inner thighs were a part of legs. We live and learn.

Shut up you eejit ! ;D

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8903 on: 05 November 2014, 21:40:41 »

ETS exhaust for the Alhambra has arrived - Same decent gauge metal and quality construction as the Omega ones, just got to fit it now.

omega3000

« Reply #8904 on: 06 November 2014, 13:22:44 »

Blew the cobwebs/mayo out in S mode  :D Noticed ill be needing a new rear door soon as its split the seam  :(

4x4

« Reply #8905 on: 06 November 2014, 17:53:46 »

Started on the frontera tonight,exhaust manifold removed,cam cover,cambelt cover,throttle body,and lpg disconnected,Then saturday,inlet manifold off ,water pump out and head off .

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: 06 November 2014, 21:42:02 »

Ignoring about 1 mile of dual carriageway, failed to get about 30mph on my 24 mile commute in this morning. WTF is wrong with retards?
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #8907 on: 06 November 2014, 22:05:32 »

Average speeds are getting lower and lower as time goes on.. five years ago my commute was generally 30 minutes door to door (except in thick snow & ice), now it's more like 45 and you spend most of the time doing 35mph along the NSL country road stretches >:(

Although be thankful you weren't stuck with me on the way home - 25mph (if we were lucky) behind a combine harvester type thing all the way from work - no chance of passing it as it was well over half the width of the road (as the oncoming traffic repeatedly discovered!) >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8908 on: 06 November 2014, 22:10:03 »

Ignoring about 1 mile of dual carriageway, failed to get about 30mph on my 24 mile commute in this morning. WTF is wrong with retards?

Indeed. You have to be careful if you do get a chance to overtake them, too, as this seems to throw them completely. ::)

Normally, there'll be an impenetrable queue of about 8 of them, bumper-op-bumper, though. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

« Reply #8909 on: 06 November 2014, 22:31:25 »

Ooh no. No over taking. Noooooo can't do that. Nooohohohoooo! .....muppets!  >:(

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.