Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122941 times)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #8910 on: 06 November 2014, 22:38:09 »

Ignoring about 1 mile of dual carriageway, failed to get about 30mph on my 24 mile commute in this morning. WTF is wrong with retards?
Went through your neck of the woods a few weeks ago.  Its a joke at rush hour time.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: 06 November 2014, 23:58:57 »

Ooh no. No over taking. Noooooo can't do that. Nooohohohoooo! .....muppets!  >:(

.. and then there are the cretins who clearly can't see where the hell they are going in the dark, yet haven't discovered main beam. Or someone else put their car on main beam 3 weeks ago and they're wondering what the little blue light means.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

« Reply #8912 on: 07 November 2014, 00:04:24 »

And we haven't even had fog yet... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: 07 November 2014, 00:50:50 »

Ooh no. No over taking. Noooooo can't do that. Nooohohohoooo! .....muppets!  >:(

It's the trucks that cause tailbacks on my route. Not their fault as they are restricted to 40mph on an A road I believe.  :-\  If the first car behind the truck won't overtake, then the others behind him/her have too much to do to get past. In saying that, some of those little box cars don't have the power to get past safely. I tend to monitor the other vehicles and if nobody looks like they are going for it and I can see the road is clear, I may do the lot of them in one hit, all without going over 50mph.  :)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

05omegav6

« Reply #8914 on: 07 November 2014, 01:16:32 »

It's the trucks that cause tailbacks on my route. Not their fault as they are restricted to hypothetical 40mph on an A road I believe.  :-\  If the first car behind the truck won't overtake, then the others behind him/her have too much to do to get past. In saying that, some of those little box cars don't have the power to get past safely. I tend to monitor the other vehicles and if nobody looks like they are going for it and I can see the road is clear, I may do the lot of them in one hit, all without going over 150mph.  :)
There are plans afoot to raise the single carriageway limit for over 3.5t to 50mph, which might chivvy the slowcoaches along a bit ;D

Either that or we'll be seeing trucks overtaking anyone doing less than 42... which could be interesting ::)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: 07 November 2014, 01:36:12 »

.. and then there are the cretins who clearly can't see where the hell they are going in the dark, yet haven't discovered main beam. Or someone else put their car on main beam 3 weeks ago and they're wondering what the little blue light means.

;D ;D ;D :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: 07 November 2014, 03:24:02 »

It's the trucks that cause tailbacks on my route. Not their fault as they are restricted to hypothetical 40mph on an A road I believe.  :-\  If the first car behind the truck won't overtake, then the others behind him/her have too much to do to get past. In saying that, some of those little box cars don't have the power to get past safely. I tend to monitor the other vehicles and if nobody looks like they are going for it and I can see the road is clear, I may do the lot of them in one hit, all without going over 150mph:)
There are plans afoot to raise the single carriageway limit for over 3.5t to 50mph, which might chivvy the slowcoaches along a bit ;D

Either that or we'll be seeing trucks overtaking anyone doing less than 42... which could be interesting ::)

Had to check what I'd written then.  ;D :y

aaronjb

« Reply #8917 on: 07 November 2014, 08:46:47 »

And we haven't even had fog yet... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Coming back from Peterborough on Tuesday night I lost count of the number of cars with rear fogs on .. in perfect visibility.

Let's not get started on the one or two I saw with front and rear fogs on and only sidelights .. on the A1M, doing 70.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: 07 November 2014, 09:25:08 »

It's the trucks that cause tailbacks on my route. Not their fault as they are restricted to hypothetical 40mph on an A road I believe.  :-\  If the first car behind the truck won't overtake, then the others behind him/her have too much to do to get past. In saying that, some of those little box cars don't have the power to get past safely. I tend to monitor the other vehicles and if nobody looks like they are going for it and I can see the road is clear, I may do the lot of them in one hit, all without going over 150mph:)

Had to check what I'd written then.  ;D :y

I once overtook about 6 cars and a truck on one of those long stretches of "A" road in France where you can see for about 2 miles ahead. I was quite focussed on getting past when I hit the rev limiter, so went to change up and discovered that I was in 4th gear and not 3rd. :-[
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: 07 November 2014, 14:31:25 »

It's the trucks that cause tailbacks on my route. Not their fault as they are restricted to hypothetical 40mph on an A road I believe.  :-\  If the first car behind the truck won't overtake, then the others behind him/her have too much to do to get past. In saying that, some of those little box cars don't have the power to get past safely. I tend to monitor the other vehicles and if nobody looks like they are going for it and I can see the road is clear, I may do the lot of them in one hit, all without going over 150mph.  :)

Whilst not exactly every day, I often see lorries overtake cars on my commute in.  A few months ago, a tractor* had to overtake a car one morning :o

* Admittedly was one of huge things, that if painted green, you'd think came from Salisbury Plain.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: 07 November 2014, 16:30:48 »

Whilst not exactly every day, I often see lorries overtake cars on my commute in.  A few months ago, a tractor* had to overtake a car one morning :o

I was talking more supermarket juggernauts.  :y

Kevin saying about hitting the limiter has reminded me of something I did a few years back. I was going for the big overtake and I selected 2nd and sport mode in the auto box, pulled out and started the overtake, pushed the auto stick forward, carried on overtaking, pushed the stick forward again, carried on overtaking, pushed the stick forward again and it took a split second to realise I'd selected neutral. As I was right at the end of the overtake, I panicked and pushed the stick forward again, and a micro second later snatched it back again as realised that I'd gone in to reverse.  :o :o Thankfully it never selected so all was good.  :y It taught me to keep my fingers clear of the stick lock, which would have prevented a possibly interesting situation.  :-[

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: 07 November 2014, 18:39:12 »

Today's swift interfacing of foot and nads goes to the numpty in the Smart passion at the head of the daily procession home. >:(

I'm sure he thinks he's saving the planet by negotiating 10 miles of A road at 35 MPH on a ride-on mower, but he should really consider the fuel consumption of my 3.2 when it can't get anywhere near torque converter lockup before getting so smug. That's the problem with climate-tards. Total inability to see the big picture.

As for the stream of about 6 following cars, none of whom spotted the obvious overtaking opportunities... >:(

4x4

« Reply #8922 on: 08 November 2014, 12:46:04 »

The head is off the truck,gasket failure on pot 4 head looks fine,but have a feeling that a retard did last head gasket,bolts were not that tight,and for some reason thought they would tighten up the bolts holding on the rear timing cover so fing tight they wouldnt undo,so had to drill the heads off,thanks to webby for popping over with torx bits and torque wrenchs so i can do the job properly next week :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #8923 on: 08 November 2014, 18:00:18 »

Noticed that the project had a lot of condensation in the pas side window. Then found that the carpets where soaked in drivers footwell, and that water was coming in through the hole where the stearing box once was.

Bollards! That's going to stink for ever more now.  >:(  :'(

Dehumidifier now running flat out.

05omegav6

« Reply #8924 on: 08 November 2014, 18:14:35 »

Worth refitting the scuttle or tape over the hole :-\

Meantime, pull the carpet out and tear out the sound deadening, tear don't cut as there's wiring under it. Keep it somewhere where it can dry out thoroughly, ready to be refitted as and when :y

From experience there's potentially an inch of water under the carpet if the carpet is wet...

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 18 queries.