Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123309 times)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #9570 on: 17 February 2015, 19:09:44 »

Soaked the seat belts in some cleaning fluid  :D
Omegatitis

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: 17 February 2015, 19:13:06 »

Liberated a knock sensor from a 2.5 at the local scrappy.  :y

Got back and started stripping down to fit it and made friends with my alternator again!  ::)
At least you know where it's at... ::)

Yes thanks to RobG  :y  I've also realised that V6 alternators are a lot easier without LPG gubbins in the vicinity!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: 18 February 2015, 19:18:32 »

Liberated a knock sensor from a 2.5 at the local scrappy.  :y

Got back and started stripping down to fit it and made friends with my alternator again!  ::)
At least you know where it's at... ::)

Yes thanks to RobG  :y  I've also realised that V6 alternators are a lot easier without LPG gubbins in the vicinity!  ::)

Knock sensor in and working.  :y  Not without an epic fight with my alternator as the bastid didn't want to go back in, but I won in the end!  ::)  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: 19 February 2015, 18:53:40 »

Thinking about buying another one!  ::) :-X
I see the big diesel bug has bitten 8) Still got the Vectra?

It certainly has.  It's some machine mate!   :o

Sold the Vectra when I bought the BMW mate.  Got really good morning for it, but sadly I had to let my Irmy wheels go with it to seal the deal.  I may live to regret that!  :-\
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: 19 February 2015, 18:55:36 »

you need a black Elite estate :y

Funny you should say that Joff.  I have just sealed the deal on one.   ;) :-X
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: 19 February 2015, 22:34:11 »

Your old one ;) :y

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: 20 February 2015, 12:55:32 »

Indeed!  ;)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: 20 February 2015, 13:19:37 »

Indeed!  ;)

When I got my old one (away for 11 months only) back, I found that no maintenance had been done at all. The windows had been tinted and bulbs replaced for non standard, but on the plus side a  Irmscher front bumper had been fitted and a set of budget tyres fitted ( tyres needed replacing when I sold it). Who ever did the MoT should not have passed it as a number of issues had to be addressed. It's now MoT time again but I have a few small jobs to finish first.

I hope yours is still in very good condition, as it was 100% when it went north. :y

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: 20 February 2015, 13:41:42 »

Indeed!  ;)

When I got my old one (away for 11 months only) back, I found that no maintenance had been done at all. The windows had been tinted and bulbs replaced for non standard, but on the plus side a  Irmscher front bumper had been fitted and a set of budget tyres fitted ( tyres needed replacing when I sold it). Who ever did the MoT should not have passed it as a number of issues had to be addressed. It's now MoT time again but I have a few small jobs to finish first.

I hope yours is still in very good condition, as it was 100% when it went north. :y

I know I have a couple of issues to sort out.  The main one being to do the cambelt, which is now overdues.  It only covered 7k miles in the last 18 months since I sold it, and has been MOT'd and serviced in that time, so I'm not expecting to find too much wrong.

I'll know more when I go and collect it.   :y

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: 20 February 2015, 16:46:34 »

Indeed!  ;)

I know I have a couple of issues to sort out.  The main one being to do the cambelt, which is now overdues.  It only covered 7k miles in the last 18 months since I sold it, and has been MOT'd and serviced in that time, so I'm not expecting to find too much wrong.

My cam belt is due next month, but as I did the last one at the cam belt meet which you were at I'm happy, as I know it's going to be done correctly.

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: 20 February 2015, 19:58:49 »

Indeed!  ;)

My cam belt is due next month, but as I did the last one at the cam belt meet which you were at I'm happy, as I know it's going to be done correctly.

In that case, your Cambelt change is due on 26th February 2015.  This Vauxhall service reminder is free of charge  ;)

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: 20 February 2015, 20:05:49 »

Indeed!  ;)

In that case, your Cambelt change is due on 26th February 2015.  This Vauxhall service reminder is free of charge  ;)

Thanks for the reminder but it's on the drive and not going anywhere until its done as the MoT is now out, and I have a few other jobs to do on her too. :y

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: 20 February 2015, 20:11:36 »

Indeed!  ;)

Thanks for the reminder but it's on the drive and not going anywhere until its done as the MoT is now out, and I have a few other jobs to do on her too. :y

I wasn't being sarcastic by the way mate. It's just my mate Paul (who also did his belt at the same meet) asked me the other day when it was due for replacement.  Kinda stuck in my mind for some reason  :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: 21 February 2015, 15:59:37 »

Fitted new wiper blades,  :) genuine of course  8)
Hoof'land storeman.

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: 21 February 2015, 16:17:04 »

Fitted new wiper blades,  :) genuine of course  8)
Probably won't rain for a fortnight now  ;)
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.