Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143208 times)

VXL V6 and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #12150 on: 08 March 2016, 19:13:33 »

Found the Battlebus, started it (just), dragged it home, and filled up the electricity bottle.
Never knew they did a Zaffy Hybrid. Next it'll have a Mr Fusion fitted!

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #12151 on: 11 March 2016, 14:15:33 »

Dont you just hate it when stripping a wire near the sunroof you slip and gouge a mark into the headlining   :-[  Then try and rub it out making the mark worse with dirty fingers  ::)
Omegatitis

aaronjb

« Reply #12152 on: 11 March 2016, 14:25:32 »

Drove it to a fancy hotel and test drove the Tesla Model S P90D with Ludicrous mode. Then drove home in a very sedate-feeling BMW.

05omegav6

« Reply #12153 on: 11 March 2016, 16:22:59 »

Drove it to a fancy hotel and test drove the Tesla Model S P90D with Ludicrous mode. Then drove home in a very sedate-feeling BMW.
Nice aren't they...

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12154 on: 11 March 2016, 20:01:12 »

Very expensive milk-float, paid for by the owner making millions by avoiding tax in various country's, then investing in, large scale battery production, that decimates, natural resources, then there's the green house gases produced, by the generation of the electricity to charge them up.
 and my ol V6 runs on petrol, an organic product produced by old rotting,dinosaurs and composted trees. :y
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #12155 on: 11 March 2016, 20:09:08 »

Very expensive milk-float, paid for by the owner making millions by avoiding tax in various country's, then investing in, large scale battery production, that decimates, natural resources, then there's the green house gases produced, by the generation of the electricity to charge them up.
 and my ol V6 runs on petrol, an organic product produced by old rotting,dinosaurs and composted trees. :y
You do, love, your commas, don't you?  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #12156 on: 11 March 2016, 20:29:35 »

Most of the Tesla charging points are solar powered, but don't let that get in the way of a good rant ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #12157 on: 11 March 2016, 20:52:53 »

Prepped two new wishbones ready to fit tomorrow along with new drop links and track rods...

Will be followed by four new tyres and set up.

New wishbones are Febi ones... not continuously welded as pics implied, but as below...

Whether they would be more or less suitable for polybushing, I wouldn't like to say, but fitted bushes seem of reasonable quality... so have left in place.

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12158 on: 11 March 2016, 22:37:07 »

Most of the Tesla charging points are solar powered, but don't let that get in the way of a good rant ;D
The sun, ain't that nuclear or somefing? and it ain't green as I recall its bright yellow and the last Tesla I saw was not green but white ;D
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

aaronjb

« Reply #12159 on: 12 March 2016, 08:14:27 »

I'm sorry, all I heard was "Very.." as I did 0-60 in 2.8 seconds.. :P ;D ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #12160 on: 12 March 2016, 19:54:07 »

Fitted new wishbones, track rods and drop links. Then took it to be set up and have four tyres fitted.

Apparently HiFly are Blackcircles budget tyre of the week ::) Then paid £59 for them to remove ten minutes of toe on one side >:( on which basis, I simply cannot recommend Broadbridge Heath Garage for wheel alignment  :-X

Washed it, took some pics and popped it up for sale ::)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12161 on: 12 March 2016, 20:51:59 »

Took the Merc out for a good run, eldest grandson came with me & was very impressed loves the sound of the V8.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12162 on: 13 March 2016, 09:52:54 »

Left it in bits. S'pose I should get out there today....
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12163 on: 13 March 2016, 10:12:00 »

Took battery off it and put it on charge.Checked dipstick for any sign of water[to be on safeish side]none found.Ordered new timing belt kit an FAI item.Also ordered new oil cooler kit.Just need to find pricefor someone to fit them now.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12164 on: 13 March 2016, 11:05:00 »

Broke the 3.2's CD changer.  :(

Cartridge won't eject  :'(

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.