Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123348 times)

STEMO

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #13350 on: 14 October 2016, 17:37:42 »

For 3rd year running on booking Phaeton in for mot I am told that brakes and discs on front need changing -  no light on and no braking problems so said to put it through. Passed again at 70000 miles on original pads etc. Big bill when it eventually comes though
Sell it now with a twelve month ticket  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13351 on: 14 October 2016, 18:36:30 »

For 3rd year running on booking Phaeton in for mot I am told that brakes and discs on front need changing -  no light on and no braking problems so said to put it through. Passed again at 70000 miles on original pads etc. Big bill when it eventually comes though

You always said you fancied something with a bit of class. Make the man an offer.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13352 on: 14 October 2016, 18:44:53 »

You always said you fancied something with a bit of class. Make the man an offer.

I suspect it's a bit big and powerful for poor old Uncle STEMO.  :-\                                              ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #13353 on: 14 October 2016, 19:21:21 »

I'm totally over my car blues, the car I've got is the car that fits the bill, that's why I bought it in the first place.
Took my old built-in oven to the tip today, along with the associated cardboard, plastic and polystyrene that came with the new one. Didn't even have to put the back seats down.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13354 on: 16 October 2016, 21:15:07 »

Broke my new heavy duty hub puller trying to liberate the  driveshaft on the 5 Series >:(

Resorted to using a sledge hammer with a club hammer as a drift... Which eventually did the job :D

Rest of it came apart cleanly, and went back together in no time at all 8)

Just the nearside rear brakes to do tomorrow and that will be it done for this month.

Couldn't have put that bearing off much longer. Play at the hub could be measured in millimetres :o and it sounded as rough as a badgers arse... so looking forward to a nice quiet journey to work tomorrow evening.
Onanists always think outside the box.

mantaray

• Intermediate Member
  • Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13355 on: 16 October 2016, 22:43:54 »

A day on the Omega today.

New rear pads fitted, all wheels removed & washed inside and out. Brake callipers cleaned.

New center exhaust section and back box fitted using new rubbers.

Section of front n/s chassie rail cut out and replaced to remove the start of rot.

And to finish, I gave her a good wash and polish.

Get her back in for  MOT retest tomorrow, as the only thing she failed on was the exhaust.Just didn't have time to fit it before hand.

I just clocked 199000 mile on Friday and this is the 3rd year she has pasted the MOT with flying colors. But I am going to have to get a new clutch soon, as it was just starting to slip in 1st and 2nd last week when pulling the caravan in heavy trafic.
2.6 CDX Auto Estate,
71 Opel Manta A Series 2.5 V6

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13356 on: 16 October 2016, 23:13:10 »

Found the rot on the rear chassis the MOT guy pointed out... not that bad should grind out and patched
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13357 on: 17 October 2016, 09:56:43 »

Found the Zafira in the early hours of yesterday morning, and drove it home. Managed to catch another cold, the 2nd in 3 weeks, and thus its still on the driveway.

Might change the pads on it today, 2nd time in little over a month, if I can build up sufficient strength and enthusiasm to get out of the bath.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #13358 on: 17 October 2016, 14:50:48 »

Found the Zafira in the early hours of yesterday morning, and drove it home. Managed to catch another cold, the 2nd in 3 weeks, and thus its still on the driveway.

Might change the pads on it today, 2nd time in little over a month, if I can build up sufficient strength and enthusiasm to get out of the bath.
I've got a cold that's lasted three weeks. Still wheezing away and pissed off with it now.

driver115

• caistor lincolnshire
    • 3.2MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13359 on: 18 October 2016, 16:13:28 »

reset orange engine warning light using laptop, and purchased cheap bluetooth device to more easily do this in future via android phone :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13360 on: 18 October 2016, 18:11:25 »

Replaced the front pads on the battlebus.  Off came the Pagid ones I put on a few weeks ago, but were unsatisfactory, and slapped on some GM ones.  After 20 miles, all bedded in, and the thing now stops :)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13361 on: 19 October 2016, 19:58:12 »

Got the plasma cutter out and chopped up a load of stuff, including the radiator, so it would fit in the small space left in the wheelie bin. 
Grumpy old man

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13362 on: 19 October 2016, 23:43:33 »

Had a bit of spare time today so removed the O/S doughnut bush bastard to get the old one out, about an hour of grunting and banging before it gave up and came out. New one went in in about 5 minutes, N/S tomorrow :y
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13363 on: 20 October 2016, 19:06:42 »

Cleaned the breathers - which didn't really need cleaning ,cleaned a little oil out of the n/s bank plug wells and cleaned some oil off my nice new Bosch coil pack.
Time for new gaskets.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

driver115

• caistor lincolnshire
    • 3.2MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13364 on: 20 October 2016, 19:48:37 »

today received cheap bluetooth obdII (£3 ish incl delivery off ebay), and its being recognised by my android phone, so will await the return of the orange engine light, and see if I can use the device to reset it.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.