Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3146676 times)

Nick W and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.

feeutfo

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #1920 on: 29 February 2012, 22:12:19 »

Drove it, got frisky after dealing with the usual idiots driving at 40mph, had myself some fun, did my neck again. 'dangle berries', 'dangle berries' and double 'dangle berries'  >:(
Is this one of those "accept it and move on" moments?

aaronjb

« Reply #1921 on: 29 February 2012, 22:15:03 »

Had a spare hour of daylight left this afternoon, so popped a new cambelt kit, water pump and aux belt on the 3.2 I'm currently repairing to former glory :y

I wish I had your motivation, James!

omega3000

« Reply #1922 on: 29 February 2012, 22:19:09 »

Today i finished off fitting the trip computer to the Omega. Drooped in some new spark plugs as well.
On the Vectra i completed the cruise control set-up and decided to change the air filter. Here is the old air filter:

It had been left in a pub car park abandoned for 6 months but still  :-\

Thats the pollen filter isn't it? ???

Yeah, This is the other half:

:o

Its in better nick than mine  ;D   ;)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: 29 February 2012, 22:47:16 »

Had a spare hour of daylight left this afternoon, so popped a new cambelt kit, water pump and aux belt on the 3.2 I'm currently repairing to former glory :y

It's a customers' car, which has come in for a pretty hefty list of repair work, and is being collected Sunday, so needs must!

Edit just to clarify - the plenum and intake pipes etc were already off due to the other work - so all I did tonight was actually strip the aux belt stuff / pulleys off, change the cambelt kit and water pump, and refit these (while greasing the tensioner)

I didn't have to remove/refit plenum and all the gubbins tonight, hence only just over an hour to change the cambelt kit!
« Last Edit: 29 February 2012, 22:48:49 by JamesV6CDX »

aaronjb

« Reply #1924 on: 29 February 2012, 22:48:28 »

It's a customers' car, which has come in for a pretty hefty list of repair work, and is being collected Sunday, so needs must!

Ah I suppose that would provide some motivation  :y

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: 29 February 2012, 22:50:17 »

Is a very late 53 plate 3.2 Elite Estate in Black with leather, totally unmolested. It does look rather good on my Drive, behind my MV6..  :'(

I keep the R plate Turbo Wheezel down the road, spoils my image don't you know  ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #1926 on: 29 February 2012, 22:58:35 »

Is a very late 53 plate 3.2 Elite Estate in Black with leather, totally unmolested. It does look rather good on my Drive, behind my MV6..  :'(

I keep the R plate Turbo Wheezel down the road, spoils my image don't you know  ;D

;D I still have half an eye out for a good, 2.5TD manual estate .. but I'm so attached to the gizmos in the Elite now, I think I'd miss them (and the facelift styling).

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: 29 February 2012, 23:03:36 »

;D I still have half an eye out for a good, 2.5TD manual estate .. but I'm so attached to the gizmos in the Elite now, I think I'd miss them (and the facelift styling).

Ref the V6 - it's the one engine I know really well, all it's quirks... no problems doing any job on one. The TD......whilst I've no problem turning my hand do it, I don't have the knowledge I would on the V6. Which is partly why I bought a TD - to familiarise myself with it more!

I love the TD. I have to be honest, it rides better, and is much more comfortable, than my 3.2 MV6! PFL interior is definitely harder wearing...

aaronjb

« Reply #1928 on: 29 February 2012, 23:06:10 »

I love the TD. I have to be honest, it rides better, and is much more comfortable, than my 3.2 MV6! PFL interior is definitely harder wearing...

I'm fairly sure the facelift interior came courtesy of Fisher Price and I'd concur - though the exterior of my PFL diseasel was knackered, the interior was fine .. my FL Elite has a good exterior (bar some rot on the tailgate and windscreen edge that I didn't notice when I paid £4k for it from Mr Budden, d'oh!) but the interior is peeling off at a vast rate of knots :(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: 29 February 2012, 23:08:27 »

£4k for it from Mr Budden

You could have bought 8 of my tractors, for that money ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #1930 on: 29 February 2012, 23:11:06 »

£4k for it from Mr Budden

You could have bought 8 of my tractors, for that money ;D

Indeed! Too late now, though.. and since I'd get £500 for this if I sold it (ok, slight exaggeration) it's going to have to get run until it falls to bits to pay me back.

Guinney1971

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottinghamshire
    • Renault Grand Scenic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: 29 February 2012, 23:59:10 »

well, today I went to my local Vx dealer (Smiths of Ilkeston in Derbyshire), and ordered a 'Dualfuel' badge for the back of Morticia (which even with discount is dearer then a tank of LPG!!), and although my arthritic shoulders are not up to treating her to the contents of the bottle of Meguiars Paint Cleaner that I bought of Ebay, she has now been vastly improved with this  :   

and this was last Friday after a £5 blinging by the Lithuanians at Loscoe  :)

The old hearse dont scrub up too bad eh!! lol   ;D

Claire
Claire & Phill
Renault Grand Scenic 'Maxim' 1.9dCi 120

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: 01 March 2012, 01:14:47 »

stripped down & cleaned up front brakes trying to source a squeek from brakes... fronts all fine!!

so have to check rears tomorrow,

ive now got a pair of rusty shite front discs fitted because in the process of removing both the new discs (i fitted last month) they dissapeared.....

i went in the house leaving both discs on the end of drive because i wanted to clean them By removeing the glazing with some 120grt paper that the new pads had done to discs...

In the time it took me to go in house boil kettle make a cuppa T & walk back out the front they had gone.....

All i can think of was FxxKING THEVING PxKEY BASTARDS!!!

So ive got to go buy another pair of new discs tomorrow!!!!! they left the pads tho!!!

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
  • if all else fails hit it with a hammer
    • 2000 3.0 elite estate lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: 01 March 2012, 01:31:12 »

programmed 2 keys to cars, hate thought of knowing extra keys to my cars about, found the source of the lpg leak, didnt smell when running but turn off and it stunk of stuff, nothing a jubilee clip and lots of brute force cant cure on top of vaporiser, crappy crimp clips they use could pull pipe off, then also gave new vectra a full service as was missing now and again
v6 locking kit , code reader available, engine hoist and engine stand

also has 2.6 mv6 estate 2001, hilux surf 3.0, vectra 2.0 lpg 2000

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: 01 March 2012, 01:50:43 »

programmed 2 keys to cars, hate thought of knowing extra keys to my cars about, found the source of the lpg leak, didnt smell when running but turn off and it stunk of stuff, nothing a jubilee clip and lots of brute force cant cure on top of vaporiser, crappy crimp clips they use could pull pipe off, then also gave new vectra a full service as was missing now and again

the 3 keys ive got for mine have stopped working...?? any ideas?? the red light flashes in all of them just does'nt lock or unlock...???

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.