Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123580 times)

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #2550 on: 14 May 2012, 18:04:04 »

Replaced centre sections on the elite. It had a irmscher double d back box on when I got it which looked ok but was slight cross eyed, so managed to level that out and keep it (was in good nick and cheaper than getting a back box as well). Mustn't be designed for the facelift though as the bumper cutout is too small. Still, looks good though.

Whilst I was on I replaced the wiper motor and linkage and blades. Saved the old motor off the Old linkage that was shot, the nut is the same size as the wiper arm retaining nut, bonus, so got that all squared away ready for mot now.
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: 14 May 2012, 18:06:10 »

Replaced centre sections on the elite. It had a irmscher double d back box on when I got it which looked ok but was slight cross eyed, so managed to level that out and keep it (was in good nick and cheaper than getting a back box as well). Mustn't be designed for the facelift though as the bumper cutout is too small. Still, looks good though.
Irmscher make special bumpers to fit their 2 exhaust styles ;)

I've just got normal bumpers on mine. I toyed with the idea of trimming it a bit, but it looks ok now, a lot better than before, and lovely and quiet. Woo!
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

feeutfo

« Reply #2552 on: 14 May 2012, 18:55:39 »

Polished out the scratches on the replacement door. As the ianu training method. ;)
Before...

After...

martin42

« Reply #2553 on: 14 May 2012, 19:04:05 »

wow good result there  :y

albitz

« Reply #2554 on: 14 May 2012, 19:05:52 »

Fitted a new brake pipe (3.5 metres long) to my Cavalier - eventually.The retards who made me a new one this morning wasted almost 2 hours of my time and then gave me a pipe with most of the bends not in it (they had agreed to make one exactly the same as the old one) due to the fact that one of them had measured the length of the old pipe and then screwed it up into a ball and chucked it in a skip. >:(
When I fitted it this afternoon it turned out to be 6 inches too long,despite me telling them the exact length and them remeasuring it to check. Made it an absolute pig of a job to fit. Its hard to get anyone to do any job these days who isnt as dim as an educationally subnormal amoeba. >:( >:( >:(

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: 14 May 2012, 19:10:59 »

Fitted a new brake pipe (3.5 metres long) to my Cavalier - eventually.The retards who made me a new one this morning wasted almost 2 hours of my time and then gave me a pipe with most of the bends not in it (they had agreed to make one exactly the same as the old one) due to the fact that one of them had measured the length of the old pipe and then screwed it up into a ball and chucked it in a skip. >:(
When I fitted it this afternoon it turned out to be 6 inches too long,despite me telling them the exact length and them remeasuring it to check. Made it an absolute pig of a job to fit. Its hard to get anyone to do any job these days who isnt as dim as an educationally subnormal amoeba. >:( >:( >:(
Or just an idiot in layman`s terms :D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

aaronjb

« Reply #2556 on: 14 May 2012, 20:52:45 »

Had the rusty heap of junk dragged onto a flatbed and taken away for scrap.

I mean the Jag, obviously  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: 14 May 2012, 22:19:08 »

gayboy - I think I need some training - thats amazing :y
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #2558 on: 14 May 2012, 22:26:52 »

Look out Chris, TB needs you to teach him how to 'polish'!  :o :o

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: 14 May 2012, 22:30:30 »

Started prepping for the ABS show this weekend.  Spent a thoroughly enjoyable 2 hours taking the wheels off, giving all the wheel arches a good clean up, washing and polishing the wheels inside and out, and putting them back on.  Just got the wheel nut covers back on before the heavens opened!!  ::)

Tomorrow night... first pass of the engine bay and doors shuts...  :y
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

omega3000

« Reply #2560 on: 14 May 2012, 22:34:16 »

;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: 14 May 2012, 22:36:44 »

I assume it's a rear pipe so the wrong length should be ok, but may cause a slight imbalance :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

feeutfo

« Reply #2562 on: 14 May 2012, 22:43:49 »

Look out Chris, TB needs you to teach him how to 'polish'!  :o :o
See, you know, I know... We all know, by now, he's more than capable of polishing his own. Any excuse, isn't it.

MUUUUUUUUM!

albitz

« Reply #2563 on: 14 May 2012, 23:10:12 »

I assume it's a rear pipe so the wrong length should be ok, but may cause a slight imbalance :-\
Yep,pipe from ABS pump to n/s rear.Slight imbalance wont bother me as long as it doesnt bother MOT man. ;)
I asked a spotty remedial in Halfords if they did brake pipes on Friday.He went ot a shelf and retrieved a package which contained reinforced plastic fuel pipe. "I think this should do the job mate ". Give me rather strength. ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: 14 May 2012, 23:17:24 »

I hope you anonymised it first. I don't want any come back when it burns the scrapyard down. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.