Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3144465 times)

Delroy47 and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.

cem_devecioglu

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #2880 on: 02 July 2012, 09:33:56 »

long years ago when miggy was painted , the body repair shop scratched my chair accidentally  :(

and the 2 scratches was deep enough to say its cut >:(

I was careful using the chair, but finally last week I discovered one of the cuts turned at point to a hole.. although it was small I need to stop it as it will become bigger..

after some visit to leather repair shops (to my surprise some idiots offer to renew whole chair leathers just for a 2 mm hole ;D  yes I'm too rich and dont know where to spend my few bucks >:( ) final decision was Dr Vinyl..

they filled the gap with some sticky special material and painted over it partially within 2 hours.. result, surprised and satisfied me really.. :)   cost 60£.. not cheap but obviously cheaper then changing whole leathers..

and meanwhile as I dont trust them I go and try to buy a second hand omega chair leather from breakers.. it was an interesting story.. I never knew these chairs were a PITA to remove..  :o  (my first time :-[ ) and the breakers asked for a whole chair price same UK miggy price ??? ;D  and I gave up.. outcome : I was totally in dust and dirt :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: 02 July 2012, 12:20:25 »

LOL cem. If you can tolerate the weather, you need to move here ;D

Mind you, leather must be uncomfortable in your hot summers?
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #2882 on: 02 July 2012, 12:22:18 »

long years ago when miggy was painted , the body repair shop scratched my chair accidentally  :(

and the 2 scratches was deep enough to say its cut >:(

I was careful using the chair, but finally last week I discovered one of the cuts turned at point to a hole.. although it was small I need to stop it as it will become bigger..

after some visit to leather repair shops (to my surprise some idiots offer to renew whole chair leathers just for a 2 mm hole ;D  yes I'm too rich and dont know where to spend my few bucks >:( ) final decision was Dr Vinyl..

they filled the gap with some sticky special material and painted over it partially within 2 hours.. result, surprised and satisfied me really.. :)   cost 60£.. not cheap but obviously cheaper then changing whole leathers..

and meanwhile as I dont trust them I go and try to buy a second hand omega chair leather from breakers.. it was an interesting story.. I never knew these chairs were a PITA to remove..  :o  (my first time :-[ ) and the breakers asked for a whole chair price same UK miggy price ??? ;D  and I gave up.. outcome : I was totally in dust and dirt :(

:o

Our omega's are worth more than we thought over here  ;D And PFL getting rare as they seem to be getting most trips to the breakers .. still at least most parts you can swop but around here a mig comes into the breakers and is stripped and crushed in no time  :(

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2883 on: 02 July 2012, 16:14:03 »

LOL cem. If you can tolerate the weather, you need to move here ;D

Mind you, leather must be uncomfortable in your hot summers?

UK weather much better for me as I dont like hot and elevation being low helps my breath  :y  which I dont have any chance in this city :(

black leather is the worst of all choices.. and even in april these chairs burn ny arse ;D  but leather usage definitely easy , otherwise I pay a fortune for chair cleaning in the long term,been there done that.. so leather is the way to go.. :)

Tonka.

• Omega Knight
  • Lincoln, Lincolnshire
    • 2000 2.5 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: 02 July 2012, 16:22:08 »

MOT day. Passed graciously :y :y

The happiest people don't have the best of everything,
they just make the best of everything they have.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: 03 July 2012, 00:25:38 »

Investigated a reluctance to switch over to LPG in the mornings.. Loose connection to the vapouriser temperature sensor.

Thought I might as well recalibrate it while I was there. ECU last touched in 2008 according to the log. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: 03 July 2012, 10:33:30 »

Investigated a reluctance to switch over to LPG in the mornings.. Loose connection to the vapouriser temperature sensor.

Thought I might as well recalibrate it while I was there. ECU last touched in 2008 according to the log. ::)
Did you slap on new firmware? Thats what I have been meaning to do on the bullet for the past year or more ::)

//Edit: thinking about it, yours is the basic Stag 300, not plus? Maybe not updates for that?
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: 03 July 2012, 11:51:03 »

Yep, no Stag 300 updates have been released since I first installed it, AFAIK.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

markrnorton

• Intermediate Member
  • Essex
    • 2.2 & 2.5 Ginetta build
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: 03 July 2012, 11:57:20 »

changed the cam sensor and it still wont start !!

cranks sensor next, then large HAMMER !!

david b scott

• holcombe brook bury lancs
    • 2002 Omega CD Auto 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: 03 July 2012, 12:09:05 »

Well I've just had me 11evens!
Tea n toast !
And just sorted insurance out -
£255 comprehensive with LV !
How's about that then?  8)
Cosmodave

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: 03 July 2012, 14:55:10 »

lol pajero had only 78bhp new as its non intercooled, yesterday after resetting the valve clearances(all to big)thought  i may as well play with the pump and turbo ;D
it now has a lot lot more, ::) it actually accelerates up hills now, before hand had to change down a gear!! :y

Tonka.

• Omega Knight
  • Lincoln, Lincolnshire
    • 2000 2.5 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: 04 July 2012, 22:23:15 »

Today, I finally bit the bullet and changed the heater matrix hoses. You know the ones, they disappear behind the engine amongst that vipers nest of piping.

After refilling and running up to temperature it doesn't lose a drop of coolant. A difficult but very satisfying job  :y

Me 1 - Mig 0

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2892 on: 04 July 2012, 22:32:42 »

Today, I finally bit the bullet and changed the heater matrix hoses. You know the ones, they disappear behind the engine amongst that vipers nest of piping.

After refilling and running up to temperature it doesn't lose a drop of coolant. A difficult but very satisfying job  :y

Me 1 - Mig 0

;D :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: 05 July 2012, 09:55:32 »

Fingers crossed for you then,Tonka. :y

I actually found it easier fitting the pipework onto the HBV and then fitting it all as a single unit with only the 2 pipes onto the coolant bridge and transfer pipe ,then the 2 "quick push fits".

Curious to learn your prefered method though ?  did you find which pipe and where it was actually leaking from in the end ??

Tonka.

• Omega Knight
  • Lincoln, Lincolnshire
    • 2000 2.5 CDX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: 05 July 2012, 10:05:05 »

Amba, I just did the school run. Up to temp and no water loss. So yes fingers crossed  ::)

I replaced both pipes. The one into the matrix and the one out of the matrix. It was the longer one which was leaking. But I thought I would change both as I don't want to have to strip it down again this year  ;D

The leak itself was obvious from the start. It was the lower (long pipe) quick release connection onto the matrix. The new ones actually snap into place with a positive click where as the old ones just slid on.  :y

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.