Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122816 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #4020 on: 05 January 2013, 18:55:06 »

Let some air out of the SC5s on the bullet, from 31.5 to 28.5 (on my gauge, which I'm doubting...)
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: 05 January 2013, 19:00:09 »

So cem, what's the thought behind that mod?

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4022 on: 05 January 2013, 19:07:56 »

if you dont block egr, it drops the power and increases the fuel cons. a bit.. if you block egr, its disturbs the idle when engine is hot..

the setup in the picture blocks the exhaust outlet (so no power loss felt), and gives relatively cooler air when egr is open..  and besides when playing with it, I discovered that egr sucks air (although very slowly)  even when valve is in closed position.. so finally I blocked exhaust outlet and dont let egr play with my idle.. only drawback I saw is idle is marginally high than usual , but dont play up..

« Last Edit: 05 January 2013, 19:10:46 by cem »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: 05 January 2013, 19:12:07 »

if you dont block egr, it drops the power and increases the fuel cons. a bit.. if you block egr, its disturbs the idle when engine is hot..

the setup in the picture blocks the exhaust outlet (so no power loss felt), and gives relatively cooler air when egr is open..  and besides when playing with it, I discovered that egr sucks air (although very slowly)  even when valve is in closed position.. so finally I blocked exhaust outlet and dont let egr play with my idle.. only drawback I saw is idle is marginally high than usual , but dont play up..
Methinks yours is broken. Block it completely.

EGR should be fully closed at idle :)
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4024 on: 05 January 2013, 19:14:41 »

I tried several egrs .. all suck air (to my surprise) -yes  in fully closed position..(but you can feel with your finger)
« Last Edit: 05 January 2013, 19:18:26 by cem »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4025 on: 05 January 2013, 20:53:31 »

I tried several egrs .. all suck air (to my surprise) -yes  in fully closed position..(but you can feel with your finger)

and one more point.. although during normal idle egr is closed  I discovered that during heat up period ecu opened egr valve 4 times for some seconds.. at 87.5 celcius , at 92.5 , at 95 and at 95 one more time..

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: 05 January 2013, 20:59:02 »

The problem is, you now have an unmetered air leak, so expect the fuel trims to go haywire, with the associated problems. (EGR isn't usually an unmetered air leak, as it only introduces inert gas)

As said, I think you have another problem somewhere. Not sure why blocking the EGR should disturb the idle, because it's supposed to be closed then. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4027 on: 05 January 2013, 21:03:56 »

The problem is, you now have an unmetered air leak, so expect the fuel trims to go haywire, with the associated problems. (EGR isn't usually an unmetered air leak, as it only introduces inert gas)

As said, I think you have another problem somewhere. Not sure why blocking the EGR should disturb the idle, because it's supposed to be closed then. :-\

I know its unmetered.. but metering it requires drilling the air inlet after maf which I dont prefer.. but problem is definitely egr related.. because at normal idle , its ok.. just when ecu decides to open it up.. ???

if you connect the egr normally without blocking the idle is never disturbed..
« Last Edit: 05 January 2013, 21:05:41 by cem »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4028 on: 05 January 2013, 21:15:30 »

I think if fuel trims highly effected , eml will be on.. the amount of air sucked when egr is close is very small.. but as far as I see when ecu opens egr, it also plays with idle valve.. ???

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4029 on: 05 January 2013, 21:19:25 »

Let some air out of the SC5s on the bullet, from 31.5 to 28.5 (on my gauge, which I'm doubting...)

I never see 2 pressure gauges showing the same value ;D  and I have 3 in home >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: 05 January 2013, 21:43:01 »

I think if fuel trims highly effected , eml will be on..
Not on a pre DBW V6
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4031 on: 05 January 2013, 21:46:30 »

I think if fuel trims highly effected , eml will be on..
Not on a pre DBW V6

hmmm.. tech 2 time then..

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: 06 January 2013, 17:03:54 »

Fitted an Irmscher front bumper and grill to my 2.2 DTi :)
Retired

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: 06 January 2013, 17:12:57 »

Poly bushes fitted. Mine were right stuck in but I managed to use a 3 legged puller and got both sides done in an hour 20. Took for a drive and could feel the difference but the little knock was still there. So I went home and ripped the rear shocks off. When I pulled one apart it piddled oil all over my arm. Both top mount bushes both sides were split. Pulled out my new shocks and fitted them and took it for another drive. Now it feels wonderful!!! problem it's now showing the how pants the front is. So I'll get on and fit new fronts. Need to do the wheel bearings anyway.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

05omegav6

« Reply #4034 on: 06 January 2013, 17:40:36 »

Poly bushes fitted. Mine were right stuck in but I managed to use a 3 legged puller and got both sides done in an hour 20. Took for a drive and could feel the difference but the little knock was still there. So I went home and ripped the rear shocks off. When I pulled one apart it piddled oil all over my arm. Both top mount bushes both sides were split. Pulled out my new shocks and fitted them and took it for another drive. Now it feels wonderful!!! problem it's now showing the how pants the front is. So I'll get on and fit new fronts. Need to do the wheel bearings anyway.

One thing leads to another ::) but the results are well worth it :y

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.