Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143539 times)

Raeturbo and 39 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #9180 on: 18 December 2014, 17:42:26 »

Started it for the first time today after changing the head gaskets. All good so far, I let it run for a while and it was a bit rough at first but settled down and sounds OK now  :y :y :y  I'll take it for a drive tomorrow.  8) 8) 8)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: 18 December 2014, 17:57:58 »

Started it for the first time today after changing the head gaskets. All good so far, I let it run for a while and it was a bit rough at first but settled down and sounds OK now  :y :y :y  I'll take it for a drive tomorrow.  8) 8) 8)

Sounding good  :)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: 18 December 2014, 20:53:46 »

Driven it nearly 800 miles in two days ::)

Proper minging now :-[

On the plus side, it averaged 46mpg :o

Some horrific driving, especially from lorryists and particularly during the roadworks on the M1 north of Sheffield >:( unfortunately it was dark, and the main cu moron turned off at the M61? before I could note his number/reg to report him. Had my passenger been awake I would have had him video the truck, but suffice to say tailgating the vehicle in front at a distance of three feet with flashing main beam whilst sounding an old fire engine two tone is clucking dangerous not big and certainly not clever at five miles an hour, let alone 50 with narrow lanes  >:( >:( >:(

And, it was a shitty red artic and not a fire engine before anyone pipes up ::)

A traffic constable are we now.
Hoof'land storeman.

05omegav6

« Reply #9183 on: 18 December 2014, 21:12:45 »

Not that I am aware of ::)

But it doesn't take a genius to work out that driving an artic three feet from anything is, at best, retarded, and at worst dangerous...

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: 19 December 2014, 08:27:30 »

Congrats on changing the HG's, did you also change the oil too.... might explain as to why it ran a bit rough at first...?
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9185 on: 19 December 2014, 08:29:28 »

Yesterday I had a nightmare of the battery being flat...? dunno why but it does this at random times for some reason and I cant get to the bottom of why..

The batteries Iv got are all new, well the oldest is 6 months old and are all the correct size for the Omega...

Getting a bit tedious with having to jump start the car at random times...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

05omegav6

« Reply #9186 on: 19 December 2014, 08:33:06 »

You need someone to write a coherent guide for testing the charging system...

Oh wait, Kevin Wood already did. Leave the car more than four days with a older battery and don't expect it to start. If parking up disconnect it. But read and absorb Kevins guide ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: 19 December 2014, 09:47:06 »

Congrats on changing the HG's, did you also change the oil too.... might explain as to why it ran a bit rough at first...?

Yep but as I did it over 3 weeks and the heads were off for a few days, so I think all the oil drained out of the heads and took a while for all the new oil to pump round.  :-\ 
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9188 on: 19 December 2014, 09:50:17 »

Yes, it can take a few minutes before all the air bleeds out of the hydraulic tappets. It'll run rough as a badger's @rse until that's happened. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: 19 December 2014, 12:13:45 »

Had 2 new tyres fitted as other ones a bit like duncan goodhew. Two event tyres £95 fitted all I could afford before xmas :)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: 19 December 2014, 12:20:51 »

Yesterday I had a nightmare of the battery being flat...? dunno why but it does this at random times for some reason and I cant get to the bottom of why..

The batteries Iv got are all new, well the oldest is 6 months old and are all the correct size for the Omega...

You did read that bit didn't you Al....? They're not old batteries....

I will read and absorb whatever has been written as a comprehensive guide to the Omega's charging system... Please don't try and think that I know nowt about charging systems.... It is an intermittent fault, that can rear its ugly head every now and then, not a constant fault.... It could be OK for a few days, or can be OK for a couple of weeks/months.... Its nothing to do with the weather getting damp either.... The car isn't laid up for a couple of weeks either, nevermind days...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

omega3000

« Reply #9191 on: 19 December 2014, 14:04:58 »

Had 2 new tyres fitted as other ones a bit like duncan goodhew. Two event tyres £95 fitted all I could afford before xmas :)

Not a bad price , mite look into these tyres .. only want them to go shopping on  :)

05omegav6

« Reply #9192 on: 19 December 2014, 14:50:02 »

A duff alternator or current drain will kill even a brand new battery in short order, especially this time of year.

None of which will have anything at all to do with heaters and headlights being on constantly. Nothing at all...

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: 19 December 2014, 20:41:46 »

Not a bad price , mite look into these tyres .. only want them to go shopping on  :)
I dont do many miles tbh mainly round town and very rarely motorway. Ill see how I get on with them and report back :y

They are event wl905s.

They are rated C for wet grip, G for fuel economy and 74db for road noise.

it was annoying though. I did have 225/45/17 on the front and I said to the fitter make sure you put 235's on as thats what should be on there. So what did he fit? Yeap 225's so I said take them off and fit the right ones on. He gave me such a filthy look his boss told him off ;D
« Last Edit: 19 December 2014, 20:44:29 by plym ian »

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: 19 December 2014, 21:48:19 »

You did read that bit didn't you Al....? They're not old batteries....

I will read and absorb whatever has been written as a comprehensive guide to the Omega's charging system... Please don't try and think that I know nowt about charging systems.... It is an intermittent fault, that can rear its ugly head every now and then, not a constant fault.... It could be OK for a few days, or can be OK for a couple of weeks/months.... Its nothing to do with the weather getting damp either.... The car isn't laid up for a couple of weeks either, nevermind days...

Had this kind of problem on a mk 3 mondeo and a renault trafic. Different vehicles i know, same symptoms. Both vehicles suffered from the ( in the case of the ford) GEM module not shutting down completely. Not using the central locking fob ( broken) on the renault. The ford " cured" itself after being reset.
Never read of similar fault on the omega, always a first..

What is common is that stupid earth battery clamp.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.