Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122995 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #11895 on: 25 January 2016, 20:44:33 »

Washed all 3.
Whilst walking across the retail park carpark in the land of the inbreds, I had to admit to Mrs TB that TBE does actually scrub up quite nicely.

Still inferior to the superior MFL though.

Nah, I'm not convinced you mean that. Me thinks Mrs TB has first choice and you have what's left, or you feel Mrs TB will be safer/happier in TBE so you quite justifiably let her use it. That's very noble of you but there's no shame in admitting that you prefer TBE, after all, when both cars are available you always always choose the chav.   ;) ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

05omegav6

« Reply #11896 on: 25 January 2016, 21:34:22 »

Started the afternoon with this...

Finished it with this...

Front camera wiring buried, factory radio loom moved to the glovebox, video screen, controller and dummy tetra radio all in place along with refurbished centre console trim. Just the lower dash and sill trims to refit tomorrow... also the detail inputs for the video unit (speed/lights/indicators/siren) to plumb in if I get time...

Taster video, excuse the crap quality, footage is of played back video following a test run...
http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/05omegav6/media/Mobile%20Uploads/MOV_0365_zpskvsq64zs.mp4.html
« Last Edit: 25 January 2016, 21:40:58 by Harris K Telemacher »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: 25 January 2016, 21:57:40 »

Booked the superior MFL in for its MOT.

Just so we're clear, no mentions of you know what until its been in.

Why would you tempt me like that? :-X :-X ::) ::)

What happens if it fails spectacularly? We both know the rust is starting to take hold ???
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: 26 January 2016, 09:16:44 »

Took a few paint imperfections out of the replacement door, which is currently sat on carboard in our hallway with lots of rag, cutting compound etc  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: 26 January 2016, 17:31:38 »

Washed all 3.
Whilst walking across the retail park carpark in the land of the inbreds, I had to admit to Mrs TB that TBE does actually scrub up quite nicely.

Nah, I'm not convinced you mean that. Me thinks Mrs TB has first choice and you have what's left, or you feel Mrs TB will be safer/happier in TBE so you quite justifiably let her use it. That's very noble of you but there's no shame in admitting that you prefer TBE, after all, when both cars are available you always always choose the chav.   ;) ;D
Actually, we both prefer the superior MFL, but she is quite happy in TBE as well. Fortunately. She does grumble about using the Battlebus, understandably, as its not built for speed, comfort or handling.

The superior MFL has the best engine that was released for Omegas-B's (the 3.0l), with the best gearbox (AR35 with GS8.20 ECU, running v9 software), and mostly hasn't suffered as much penny pinching as the inferior FL :P.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: 26 January 2016, 17:33:17 »

What happens if it fails spectacularly? We both know the rust is starting to take hold ???
It gets fixed.  Obviously, I'd have to be nice to Mr DTM if it needs welding, as my welding is "adequate" on fresh, thick metal. Thus it follows it'll be shite on thin, old metal ;D
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: 26 January 2016, 17:47:26 »

Washed all 3.

Actually, we both prefer the superior MFL, but she is quite happy in TBE as well. Fortunately. She does grumble about using the Battlebus, understandably, as its not built for speed, comfort or handling.

The superior MFL has the best engine that was released for Omegas-B's (the 3.0l), with the best gearbox (AR35 with GS8.20 ECU, running v9 software), and mostly hasn't suffered as much penny pinching as the inferior FL :P.
....we won't mention the Head Gasket on the N/S bank at the rear then... ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: 26 January 2016, 17:48:14 »

Washed all 3.

A minor inconvenience :P
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: 26 January 2016, 17:49:18 »

..and then there's the.. No, we really won't mention that. :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: 26 January 2016, 18:04:06 »

Ran out of air again.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: 26 January 2016, 18:07:05 »

Washed all 3.

It was a minor inconvenience on my '98' 3.0 as well.  ;D

Only thing I'll give you is the door cards, as the FL door cards are shite.  ;D Actually, don't tell anyone, but I had a soft spot for my old MFL, I always thought the front end looked better.  :y

My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: 26 January 2016, 18:28:06 »

Only thing I'll give you is the door cards, as the FL door cards are shite;D Actually, don't tell anyone, but I had a soft spot for my old MFL, I always thought the front end looked better.  :y
Mrs TB hates them. Apparently they are next to useless for hanging on to when she gets scared...  ...and she's already broken the passenger grab handle.  The earlier door cards have, she tells me, much better/stronger handles.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: 26 January 2016, 18:57:14 »

Only thing I'll give you is the door cards, as the FL door cards are shite;D Actually, don't tell anyone, but I had a soft spot for my old MFL, I always thought the front end looked better.  :y
Mrs TB hates them. Apparently they are next to useless for hanging on to when she gets scared...  ...and she's already broken the passenger grab handle.  The earlier door cards have, she tells me, much better/stronger handles.
When's her birthday?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/harnesses  :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: 26 January 2016, 19:03:38 »

Washed all 3.

It was a minor inconvenience on my '98' 3.0 as well.  ;D

Only thing I'll give you is the door cards, as the FL door cards are shite.  ;D Actually, don't tell anyone, but I had a soft spot for my old MFL, I always thought the front end looked better.  :y

+1  :y Door cards have a cheap and nasty feel to them on the fl but i do like the lift out door pocket things on strings  ;D .. took me a while to find they even existed  ;D
Omegatitis

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: 27 January 2016, 09:21:05 »

If I could graft the hidden door pockets and the interesting double lift up armrest (which serves as a small table for rear passengers, have you ever noticed this?) into my PFL,  then I would. Nice touches.

Overall I'm a PFL boy. Also, it's easier to retrofit the little niceties from a FL onto a PFL, than the other way round. (front end, door cards, center console, rewire the drivers door, new back wings/tail lamps, bootlid etc and so on.. )

Anyway, what have I done today? Went over one of the spare doors with some fine abrasive to remove imperfections in the paint. It's a still a little too orange peely for my liking, but at least the lumps, 'acne' and run have (almost) gone now. Missus cleaned the door card with AutoGylm's finest, and by christ it looks like ruddy new. Doesn't look like a 20 year old lump of plastic and leather.  Just need the rest of the car to match, now!  :D
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 17 queries.