Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3144167 times)

baggedestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Gillingham kent
    • 3.2 estate ex police
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #12315 on: 02 April 2016, 18:22:15 »

made the subframe for my other new front seat and fitted that today :) then got wet as it rained lol

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: 02 April 2016, 22:20:13 »

Removed ALL four wheels to get them sorted as I'm fed up with pumping the tyres up every day. Didn't realise what a PITA it is to get all wheels off the deck when you only have one spare.  ::)
The trolley jack gets in the way of where you need to safely support it.  ::) It's currently sat on one spare wheel and three axle stands so I hope it don't get too windy.  ;D
Had I known, I could have got 3 wheels to near your work yesterday
Grumpy old man

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: 03 April 2016, 00:07:35 »

Rebuilt head number one, stripped the number two head and cleaned it next job valve clean and relap and then rebuild it :)
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: 03 April 2016, 01:37:23 »

Removed ALL four wheels to get them sorted as I'm fed up with pumping the tyres up every day. Didn't realise what a PITA it is to get all wheels off the deck when you only have one spare.  ::)
The trolley jack gets in the way of where you need to safely support it.  ::) It's currently sat on one spare wheel and three axle stands so I hope it don't get too windy.  ;D

How are you getting them repaired?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: 03 April 2016, 08:33:18 »

Standard refurb as a guess
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: 03 April 2016, 08:36:31 »

Drove TBE to mums yesterday, ought to drive it back home at some point.

Felt a little flat, though it was loaded a bit, and I am used to the superior engine. Will check it out when I get home
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: 03 April 2016, 09:35:19 »

Had I known, I could have got 3 wheels to near your work yesterday

Thanks for the offer.  :y I did consider posting a 'can I borrow 3 wheels' request on here, especially as I knew that I wouldn't be using them so condition not important, but thought just how hard can it be to have it off the deck on all four corners.  ::)
Thankfully I have a couple of trolley jacks and a few other jacks to make it possible and plenty of drive space to leave it abandoned for the week.  :y
Bit of a task getting four wheels with tyres on in to a 4 series coupe when I took them for refurb though.  ;D
« Last Edit: 03 April 2016, 09:36:59 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: 03 April 2016, 09:38:08 »

Took battery off and put it on charge,inflated rear tyres.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: 03 April 2016, 09:48:56 »

Dragged the tintent away with us up to the south lakes for a short break away, used the onboard fuel calculator and it thinks we was doing 25MPG with the van on the back..... quite good return that :y
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: 03 April 2016, 09:49:39 »

Removed ALL four wheels to get them sorted as I'm fed up with pumping the tyres up every day. D

Yep, standard refurb.  :y Dipped, stripped, checked for any cracks etc and refurbed like for like colour wise. The outer side of the wheels looked ok but the inner rim had flaked badly. The bead seal had been dressed previously but they were becoming troublesome again.  I'm hoping this cures it.  :-\

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: 03 April 2016, 10:06:51 »

Dragged the tintent away with us up to the south lakes for a short break away, used the onboard fuel calculator and it thinks we was doing 25MPG with the van on the back..... quite good return that :y

I used to average 17mpg on the flat with a 1600kg van on the back if I took it steady. The last twenty miles of our journey from Exeter Services to South Devon cost us quarter of a tank of fuel. The 3.2 pulled like a train up hills but boy was it thirsty when doing so.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: 03 April 2016, 10:58:37 »

Removed ALL four wheels to get them sorted as I'm fed up with pumping the tyres up every day. D

Yep, standard refurb.  :y Dipped, stripped, checked for any cracks etc and refurbed like for like colour wise. The outer side of the wheels looked ok but the inner rim had flaked badly. The bead seal had been dressed previously but they were becoming troublesome again.  I'm hoping this cures it.  :-\

Two fronts on mine, one in particular looses pressure. I find it can be fine then all of a sudden loose 5 PSI. I think it depends on where it's parked on which point of the wheel.  :-\

Where are you having it done if you don't mind me asking? Also rough cost?

I really need to consider sorting 3.2's

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: 03 April 2016, 12:45:28 »

Two fronts on mine, one in particular looses pressure. I find it can be fine then all of a sudden loose 5 PSI. I think it depends on where it's parked on which point of the wheel:-\

That's exactly what mine did.  :y  One of the rears would be OK for a couple of days but the other rear would lose pressure, and then they would swap over and the other rear would have a go.  ::) I'm sure they were taking it in turns just to piss me off.  ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: 03 April 2016, 14:24:28 »

Really,my 2.5 elite estate was shocking on fuel when towing,the 4.0  V8 Disco that I owned after wasn't much worse :-\
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: 03 April 2016, 18:54:15 »

Two fronts on mine, one in particular looses pressure. I find it can be fine then all of a sudden loose 5 PSI. I think it depends on where it's parked on which point of the wheel.  :-\

It could simply be that the wheels weren't properly cleaned when tyres were last changed, so you get a leak at the rim.

But a refurb is normally about £170 for 4 at the place I used for simple wheels, or for the chav wheels, £45 per wheel, plus £10 per wheel if it needs repair (out of round, minor welding etc) at a place near work (the headquarters of a national refurber) if I drop off/pick up.  Add extra if you need tyres removing and/or disposing.
Grumpy old man

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.