Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122868 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #12360 on: 07 April 2016, 13:32:23 »

Crawled under the TD to check the brake pipes before Thursday's MOT. Bugger, middle exhaust section has a small hole in it just before the join to the rear box. Shouldn't moan I suppose, 17 years old, and 130k. Two rear sections on order for tomorrow, and I am gritting my teeth at the fitted cost.:o Yes I could do it myself, but its one job I prefer to farm out. :y

100% with you on exhaust work. Pita without a ramp or pit. I only did the front section on mine as no one would give me a price. Only a price "as log as it all goes smoothly sir and no difficulties sir, but it's a 13 year old car sir" yadda yadda yadda. What they basically meant was "please write us a blank cheque sir".  ::)

Modern, bolt-together systems that hang under the suspension aren't too bad. The key is not to replace parts, but to do ALL of it. As that costs £90 for an Omega, it simply isn't worth pissing about.  I did mine from the cats back, on my own, in the street in under an hour. Another pair of hands would halve that time.

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12361 on: 07 April 2016, 15:09:02 »

Jet cleaned the exhaust manifolds and put them back onto the heads, soaking plenum and connector pipework in oven cleaner and then jet blast tomorrow
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12362 on: 08 April 2016, 11:36:59 »

First is probably a stock item on the current favourites list.
Second item could be the beginnings of idler play :-\
Third item is what it is...

Good result all in all :y

I'll check that, I have a new idler standing by for such a condition. However, it specifically says" Slight play in N/S track rod end ball joint." :-\ :-\ :-\

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12363 on: 08 April 2016, 11:41:06 »

Crawled under the TD to check the brake pipes before Thursday's MOT. Bugger, middle exhaust section has a small hole in it just before the join to the rear box. Shouldn't moan I suppose, 17 years old, and 130k. Two rear sections on order for tomorrow, and I am gritting my teeth at the fitted cost.:o Yes I could do it myself, but its one job I prefer to farm out. :y

100% with you on exhaust work. Pita without a ramp or pit. I only did the front section on mine as no one would give me a price. Only a price "as log as it all goes smoothly sir and no difficulties sir, but it's a 13 year old car sir" yadda yadda yadda. What they basically meant was "please write us a blank cheque sir".  ::)

Modern, bolt-together systems that hang under the suspension aren't too bad. The key is not to replace parts, but to do ALL of it. As that costs £90 for an Omega, it simply isn't worth pissing about.  I did mine from the cats back, on my own, in the street in under an hour. Another pair of hands would halve that time.

I agree Nick, however I just don't enjoy the flaking rust in the eyes. Also having watched them do the job, I certainly don't think I could have undone the front connecting bolts without a hot gas spanner! :y

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12364 on: 08 April 2016, 16:51:10 »

Drove my car with wife and kids to have a look at a bmw after half an hour walked out a large chunk of change lighter and one bmw x1 sport on order for wife.    Got back into my omega and cried all the way home :'(

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12365 on: 08 April 2016, 17:02:35 »

Drove my car with wife and kids to have a look at a bmw after half an hour walked out a large chunk of change lighter and one bmw x1 sport on order for wife.    Got back into my omega and cried all the way home :'(

:o :o :o :o :o

Why on earth did she want the X1? What was wrong with a 1,3 or 5 Series. I don't get point of the X1 or X3's  :-\

migiestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Liverpool
    • 03 Omega 2.2 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12366 on: 08 April 2016, 17:09:16 »

I have fitted a new battery, replaced the code for the radio and cleaned out the inside of my 2.2 Omega estate. Thanks for all the help I have had to get this done   :y. I did not realise that the alarm would go off until I read up on here about battery removal and how to get it it out without the alarm going off. Thanks again for all the help and information.   :y :y

05omegav6

« Reply #12367 on: 08 April 2016, 17:25:52 »

Why on earth did she want the X1? What was wrong with a 1,3 or 5 Series. I don't get point of the X1 or X3's  :-\
Specific family needs most likely...  :y

Nearly put a reservation deposit on the Tesla Model 3.  Same price as a Leaf, but twice the range and three times the value for money if it's half as well built as the Model S...
« Last Edit: 08 April 2016, 17:29:37 by Harris K Telemacher »

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12368 on: 08 April 2016, 18:01:17 »

I must admit its got more internal space than the 1 and 3 also she likes the ride height. For me she got more goodies for the money.

Al, if looking for a tesla come over this way across the road from bmw was one of teslas main showroom lots for you to drool over :y

05omegav6

« Reply #12369 on: 08 April 2016, 18:37:31 »

Driven the S very 8)

The 3 is interesting as it doesn't look significantly smaller than the S, unfortunately they aren't actually building any until next year, so buying blind doesn't door it for me, although there could be some money to be made to beat the waiting list...

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12370 on: 08 April 2016, 23:05:09 »

Jet washed the plenum and inlet manifold and fixed SAI NRV. Went to Vx for some replacement parts, it is getting there :)
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12371 on: 08 April 2016, 23:48:04 »

Nearly put a reservation deposit on the Tesla Model 3.  Same price as a Leaf, but twice the range and three times the value for money if it's half as well built as the Model S...

I must admit, I'm very tempted. But no way I'd buy blind at that price ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12372 on: 09 April 2016, 13:45:22 »

Bought some minor items from my local Merc dealer , and drooled over the new C63 AMG lovely car but would I spend all my life savings on it ? Definitely not no car is worth £60,000 +.

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12373 on: 09 April 2016, 14:21:10 »

Fitted a front windscreen camera to youngest daughters new Fiesta. :y

Most impressed with the unit and its quality and thanks for the reviews from other forum users..0806.from Amazon as her birthday pressie last week.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12374 on: 09 April 2016, 16:02:40 »

Just fitted my two new shock absorbers, and new gm bushes to the back.

Bushes supplied definitely no were near as good as genuine gm bushes.
Hoof'land storeman.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.