Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123425 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #14655 on: 25 June 2017, 19:58:07 »

Finally fitted the el cheap eBay radiator to my other one... For future reference, it doesnt come with the 2 spigots for the electric circulation pump (the one attached to the rad) but I made the decision that it'll be fine ::) :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: 25 June 2017, 20:47:22 »

Swapped doors between two cars. May as well have the better door on the better car and the re-sprayed one on the daily.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: 25 June 2017, 20:53:36 »

Measure twice lol.

Where as I have spent the day transplanting a 3.2 into a Corsa

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: 25 June 2017, 21:42:35 »

Measure twice lol.

She says "OI!"

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14659 on: 25 June 2017, 21:50:27 »

Measure twice lol.

;D ;D :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Zirfeld

• Intermediate Member
  • Lahr/Germany
    • 2.0/16V Saloon+Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: 25 June 2017, 22:26:54 »

Polished and adjusted the original Caravan halogen headlights. They look like new now, but against the xenons they are still candle lights. For Tuev only....
I am not forced to drive an old Omega. I simply like it.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14661 on: 25 June 2017, 22:43:32 »

Discovered that in the new Mondeo if I want to listen to my iPhone music using Apple Carplay, I can't then use the built in satnav >:( >:( >:(, so I'd have to use Googlemaps or similar. How stupid is that :-\ I bet hope that a software fix will allow it in future. ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: 25 June 2017, 23:15:48 »

Finalised fitting new HP fuel pump to the Westfield, replacing the fuel hose and relocating the whole lot to the rear of the car. Once my hangover cleared sufficiently, took it out for a test. I think I need to give up drinking. :-[

Now it's working, watch the weather take a turn for the worse. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: 26 June 2017, 07:52:18 »

Discovered that in the new Mondeo if I want to listen to my iPhone music using Apple Carplay, I can't then use the built in satnav >:( >:( >:(, so I'd have to use Googlemaps or similar. How stupid is that :-\ I bet hope that a software fix will allow it in future. ::)

That's odd, can you not stream music over bluetooth? Use it like an Aux device. In my VW I stream music via my phone over bluetooth, it gives me track info etc, but can still use built-in sat nav at the same time.

Guess Apple Carplay would give you more like album art and search features and such, but try music over bluetooth  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: 26 June 2017, 17:49:11 »

That's odd, can you not stream music over bluetooth? Use it like an Aux device. In my VW I stream music via my phone over bluetooth, it gives me track info etc, but can still use built-in sat nav at the same time.

Guess Apple Carplay would give you more like album art and search features and such, but try music over bluetooth  :y
Shack specifically said using Carplay.

I'm sure he is aware of using it as BT or wired aux device, but then it becomes a PITA (and legally questionable) to change albums and so on.
Grumpy old man

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #14665 on: 26 June 2017, 17:51:01 »

Not sure, as I'm a technophobe, but will investigate. Cheers Mark. :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #14666 on: 26 June 2017, 19:11:47 »

I'm sure he is aware of using it as BT or wired aux device, but then it becomes a PITA (and legally questionable) to change albums and so on.

I am? Oh yes of course I am. ::) ::) ::)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: 26 June 2017, 19:13:33 »

Not sure what that means. :-\ :-\ :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: 26 June 2017, 19:15:12 »

Yes, aware of that. Thought is using BT for audio, means he can use built in sat-nav.

I am? Oh yes of course I am. ::) ::) ::)

The iPhone should already be paired (as you can use Apple Play) - I would have thought under media/music or similar, you should have an option for music here. As some people would not use an iPhone, e.g. Android/Windows phone should support Bluetooth (BT) audio.

If searching/controlling tracks is an issue during driving, you could use Siri. I use this as a car audio system. Eg Say "Hey Siri" and the phone picks it up and allows me to voice dial/control things. I'm doing this directly with the phone, not via the cars on-board systems

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: 26 June 2017, 19:16:16 »

Not sure what that means. :-\ :-\ :-\

Bluetooth Audio (BT) is as if you plugged a 3.5mm jack from the head unit into the iPhone, you get basic music control. Usually track info/name & duration, but you don't get the sexy stuff like Album art or browsing playlists. But you can do basic skip tracks

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.