Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 6914823 times)

0 Members and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

  • Omega Queen
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Essex / Suffolk border.
  • Posts: 13339
    • 3.2 Elite. Nissan Leaf.
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28860 on: 10 July 2026, 20:16:26 »

I must say, these modern Jaaaaaaaags sound like really great cars.  ::)
Logged
Its weird being the same age as old people !

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108278
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28861 on: 11 July 2026, 17:19:56 »

Changed the oil on hers.  Put the trim back in mine, then took it for a 100 mile drive around Buckinghamshire.  I'll travel anywhere to get a Mr Whippy ;D
Logged
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
  • Posts: 9518
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28862 on: 11 July 2026, 17:43:59 »

Was going to stir my lethargic self and clean it. Then Anglian Water slapped a hosepipe ban on. What a shame.  ;D
Logged

Doctor Gollum

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • Posts: 31077
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28863 on: 12 July 2026, 00:50:29 »

Serviced The Proper Car. 8.5 litres of MBs finest 5W40.

I see an upper radiator hose in its near future...
Logged
Onanists always think outside the box.

BazaJT

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
  • Posts: 9356
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28864 on: 12 July 2026, 07:41:42 »

Yesterday fitted two hydraulic engine mounts and an o/s/f abs sensor to the V70(makes a change doing things to my own car rather than sorting family cars) then for first time since last year - and probably last time until next year - washed it!
Logged

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108278
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28865 on: 19 July 2026, 17:30:45 »

Took the bumper off, which needs the wheels to come off on that car - probably is possible without, but you'd be fighting the liner all the time - to replace the leaky headlamp washer.

Put it back together enough to test....   ...that side works fine, other side now failed. FFS.

Ain't got one in stock, so put it all back together until I can get one.
Logged
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Alton, Hampshire
  • Posts: 36537
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28866 on: 19 July 2026, 19:01:43 »

Took the bumper off, which needs the wheels to come off on that car - probably is possible without, but you'd be fighting the liner all the time - to replace the leaky headlamp washer.

Put it back together enough to test....   ...that side works fine, other side now failed. FFS.

Ain't got one in stock, so put it all back together until I can get one.

On the XE? I replaced mine by moving aside the wheel arch liner and accessing it from the wheel arch...
Logged
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108278
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28867 on: 20 July 2026, 08:04:28 »

Took the bumper off, which needs the wheels to come off on that car - probably is possible without, but you'd be fighting the liner all the time - to replace the leaky headlamp washer.

Put it back together enough to test....   ...that side works fine, other side now failed. FFS.

Ain't got one in stock, so put it all back together until I can get one.

On the XE? I replaced mine by moving aside the wheel arch liner and accessing it from the wheel arch...
No the XJ.  Her XE is far to poverty spec to have anything posher than halogen headlights. Which suits me fine ;D

On the XJ, the bumper has to come forward to get to the securing bolts for the washer jet.  I have down it before  without competely removing the bumper, but as it has to come forward about 6", you have to undo most bolts, for for the sake of removing the other wheel and wheelarch....
Logged
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108278
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28868 on: 20 July 2026, 08:09:30 »

In other XJ news, coolant cap has failed.  Not quite sure what is going on, but it was loose, and it's ratchet mechanism to stop you overtightening has seized/failed.
Logged
Grumpy old man

STEMO

  • Omega Queen
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10604
    • Grandland 1.5 diesel
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28869 on: 20 July 2026, 12:04:34 »

It's trying to tell you something  :-X
Logged
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

  • Omega Baron
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • 0
  • Posts: 2663
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28870 on: 20 July 2026, 15:12:38 »

MOT on the LC. Should be good for Billing now. Only 3 more years till exempt I think :-)
Logged

Migv6 le Frog Fan

  • Omega Queen
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Essex / Suffolk border.
  • Posts: 13339
    • 3.2 Elite. Nissan Leaf.
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28871 on: 20 July 2026, 15:30:37 »

Replaced a brake light bulb on the Omega, and went with my Son to look at a car, as his Civic has hgf.
He agreed to buy the car. Wont mention the brand, but Ive had a diesel version of the same car in recent years.  ::) :-X :)
Logged
Its weird being the same age as old people !

YZ250

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxford/Bucks border
  • Posts: 5121
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28872 on: 20 July 2026, 15:37:41 »

MOT on the LC. Should be good for Billing now. Only 3 more years till exempt I think :-)

I thought Billing was just holiday homes now.  :-\  I know they no longer accept tents and car shows.  I remember when the Mackaness family owned it, Sam said he'd always welcome campers, but it's changed ownership a few times since then and is now just a residential/holiday park ..........that floods several times a year.  ::)

Edit:
Ah, I see they have un-banned tents now  ;D and set aside a smaller area for camping.  :-\
« Last Edit: 20 July 2026, 15:49:14 by YZ250 »
Logged
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

LC0112G

  • Omega Baron
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • 0
  • Posts: 2663
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28873 on: 20 July 2026, 18:35:48 »

MOT on the LC. Should be good for Billing now. Only 3 more years till exempt I think :-)

I thought Billing was just holiday homes now.  :-\  I know they no longer accept tents and car shows.  I remember when the Mackaness family owned it, Sam said he'd always welcome campers, but it's changed ownership a few times since then and is now just a residential/holiday park ..........that floods several times a year.  ::)

Edit:
Ah, I see they have un-banned tents now  ;D and set aside a smaller area for camping.  :-\

A Vacuum cleaner is still a Hoover, regardless of who makes it.

HSBC Bank is still The Midland, regardless of what they want me to call it.

A Batter is a Batsman - don't care what the equality-ists say.

A Referees assistant is still a Linesman/Lino - don't care what the FA/UEFA/FIFA say.

A Snickers Bar is a Marathon.

And Sywell/Overstone is still Billing regardless of what the VBOA say.
Logged

YZ250

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxford/Bucks border
  • Posts: 5121
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28874 on: 20 July 2026, 19:13:09 »

……….
And Sywell/Overstone is still Billing regardless of what the VBOA say.

Ah, I understand now, with Overstone only being just up the road.  :y
Logged
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.
 

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.