Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 6886120 times)

0 Members and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108270
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28875 on: 22 July 2026, 19:19:15 »

MOT on the LC. Should be good for Billing now. Only 3 more years till exempt I think :-)

I thought Billing was just holiday homes now.  :-\  I know they no longer accept tents and car shows.  I remember when the Mackaness family owned it, Sam said he'd always welcome campers, but it's changed ownership a few times since then and is now just a residential/holiday park ..........that floods several times a year.  ::)

Edit:
Ah, I see they have un-banned tents now  ;D and set aside a smaller area for camping.  :-\

A Vacuum cleaner is still a Hoover, regardless of who makes it.

HSBC Bank is still The Midland, regardless of what they want me to call it.

A Batter is a Batsman - don't care what the equality-ists say.

A Referees assistant is still a Linesman/Lino - don't care what the FA/UEFA/FIFA say.

A Snickers Bar is a Marathon.

And Sywell/Overstone is still Billing regardless of what the VBOA say.
Being a (almost) yocal, Billing is Billing Aquadrone at Great Billing. Sywell is the RAF gaff.  There is a bloody great dual carriageway to ensure the 2 never meet

;D
Logged
Grumpy old man

STEMO

  • Omega Queen
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10602
    • Grandland 1.5 diesel
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28876 on: 22 July 2026, 19:27:06 »

Is that local....or yokel?
Logged
Diesel till I die

Andy B

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Bury Lancs
  • Posts: 40034
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28877 on: 22 July 2026, 19:51:24 »

....
A Vacuum cleaner is still a Hoover, regardless of who makes it.

HSBC Bank is still The Midland, regardless of what they want me to call it.

A Batter is a Batsman - don't care what the equality-ists say.

A Referees assistant is still a Linesman/Lino - don't care what the FA/UEFA/FIFA say.

A Snickers Bar is a Marathon.

And Sywell/Overstone is still Billing regardless of what the VBOA say.

Completely agree  :y :y


though it's frightening to see when they renamed it!  :o
Logged

LC0112G

  • Omega Baron
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • 0
  • Posts: 2662
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28878 on: 22 July 2026, 19:51:57 »

MOT on the LC. Should be good for Billing now. Only 3 more years till exempt I think :-)

I thought Billing was just holiday homes now.  :-\  I know they no longer accept tents and car shows.  I remember when the Mackaness family owned it, Sam said he'd always welcome campers, but it's changed ownership a few times since then and is now just a residential/holiday park ..........that floods several times a year.  ::)

Edit:
Ah, I see they have un-banned tents now  ;D and set aside a smaller area for camping.  :-\

A Vacuum cleaner is still a Hoover, regardless of who makes it.

HSBC Bank is still The Midland, regardless of what they want me to call it.

A Batter is a Batsman - don't care what the equality-ists say.

A Referees assistant is still a Linesman/Lino - don't care what the FA/UEFA/FIFA say.

A Snickers Bar is a Marathon.

And Sywell/Overstone is still Billing regardless of what the VBOA say.
Being a (almost) yocal, Billing is Billing Aquadrone at Great Billing. Sywell is the RAF gaff.  There is a bloody great dual carriageway to ensure the 2 never meet

;D

All relative I suppose. If you're driving the best part of 200 miles to get there, the last 5 miles is fairly irellevant. *

As a yokel/local - what's the road situation? Need to get to the Super Sausage for my vegan free brekkie first, then up to Billing :-) A43 from Oxford, then either up to Towcester and south down the A5, or right before Brackley and cross country to Buckingham and A421+A422.

* Unless you're busting for a p155 (or worse!) when it's a matter of life or death.
« Last Edit: 22 July 2026, 20:02:01 by LC0112G »
Logged

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108270
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28879 on: 22 July 2026, 20:51:02 »

A43 is quickest* to almost Towcester, new link road around Towcester to near racecourse (only opened a month or 2 ago, so not on al maps), down the A5 to the Super Sausage.

From there to Sywell, turn right out of Super Sausage carpark, then immediately right again towards Yardley Gobian, and get on the road to Roade all the way to A45, which you get on all the way to Sywell (and Billing ;D)


*Doubke check HS2 haven't randomly closed the A43 just beyond Brackley - they seem to be doing that a lot.  Same with the HS2 bridge at Newton Purcell if you go via Bicester to Buckingham. And same with A421 if you go A43 towards Buckingham.  The diversion signs, if out, will be wrong and lead you in a circle.
Logged
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Warwickshire
  • Posts: 9928
    • 530D M Sport, 330i Coupe
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28880 on: 24 July 2026, 10:50:56 »

530D had new engine and gearbox mounts yesterday. Couple of jobs required on it, new tension arms as bushes worn (last pair fitted 50K ago so not too bad) and dif bushes.

Currently 330i in for airbag recall so ticked the option for free check over and valet lol.

Omega still parked up, paint peeling, cambelt overdue on age...  still dont know what to do with it.  ;(
Logged

tunnie

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Surrey
  • Posts: 37703
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW i4M60
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28881 on: 24 July 2026, 11:32:55 »

Inspected the tyres on Red Devil (the BMW), looking to get my monies worth out of the salary scheme. Looks like I may need some soon ish, done 7k so far on these. Probably a record usage for me, the again launching this car off the line is quite addictive and because there is basically no impact on the wallet its very easy to boot it everywhere  ;D
Logged

STEMO

  • Omega Queen
  • *****
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10602
    • Grandland 1.5 diesel
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28882 on: 24 July 2026, 11:54:16 »

Inspected the tyres on Red Devil (the BMW), looking to get my monies worth out of the salary scheme. Looks like I may need some soon ish, done 7k so far on these. Probably a record usage for me, the again launching this car off the line is quite addictive and because there is basically no impact on the wallet its very easy to boot it everywhere  ;D
I get >20,000 miles from my tyres.
Logged
Diesel till I die

tunnie

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Surrey
  • Posts: 37703
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW i4M60
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28883 on: 24 July 2026, 14:55:23 »

Inspected the tyres on Red Devil (the BMW), looking to get my monies worth out of the salary scheme. Looks like I may need some soon ish, done 7k so far on these. Probably a record usage for me, the again launching this car off the line is quite addictive and because there is basically no impact on the wallet its very easy to boot it everywhere  ;D
I get >20,000 miles from my tyres.

I could do near this as well with my old 2.2 Omega.

But that put down just a tiny dribble of power. With Red Devil however, 600 horses is rather addictive  :D

The tyres are essentially free as well.  ;D
Logged

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108270
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28884 on: 24 July 2026, 16:56:52 »

Inspected the tyres on Red Devil (the BMW), looking to get my monies worth out of the salary scheme. Looks like I may need some soon ish, done 7k so far on these. Probably a record usage for me, the again launching this car off the line is quite addictive and because there is basically no impact on the wallet its very easy to boot it everywhere  ;D
I get >20,000 miles from my tyres.

I could do near this as well with my old 2.2 Omega.

But that put down just a tiny dribble of power. With Red Devil however, 600 horses is rather addictive  :D

The tyres are essentially free as well.  ;D
Check your scheme - one of our older scheme did not include what they classed as abuse, including tyres not lasting what they classed as acceptable.
Logged
Grumpy old man

YZ250

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxford/Bucks border
  • Posts: 5116
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28885 on: 24 July 2026, 17:46:09 »

……..
The tyres are essentially free as well.  ;D
Check your scheme - one of our older scheme did not include what they classed as abuse, including tyres not lasting what they classed as acceptable.

I was going to post similar advice. We had a ‘Fair wear and Tear’ clause on our scheme, which was mainly aimed at tyre abuse and replacement. My son got a puncture at around six thousand miles and the tyre fitters said the tread was too low to justify a repair. They contacted the scheme authorisation people and told them the vehicle needed a pair of tyres due to low tread. They asked what the mileage was and got well pissy when told what it was. There was some toing and froing due to low mileage before they reluctantly agreed to replace them.
I on the other hand, drive like an angel, so my tyres were like new when I handed the car back.  ::)
Logged
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Viral_Jim

  • Omega Baron
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Telford
  • Posts: 4691
    • Too many, mostly broken
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28886 on: 24 July 2026, 19:37:53 »

Put down a deposit on a 'replacement' for the galaxy.  8)
Logged

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108270
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28887 on: 24 July 2026, 20:19:34 »

I on the other hand, drive like an angel, so my tyres were like new when I handed the car back.  ::)
Of course. Whatever you say. Unlike me, you'll never be a reformed character, just a wrong'un
Logged
Grumpy old man

YZ250

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxford/Bucks border
  • Posts: 5116
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28888 on: 24 July 2026, 21:37:46 »

I on the other hand, drive like an angel, so my tyres were like new when I handed the car back.  ::)
Of course. Whatever you say. Unlike me, you'll never be a reformed character, just a wrong'un

We’re off to Yorkshire tomorrow and I’m adamant that there won’t be a repeat of my lapse on the A361 North Devon run, when I blasted past the overhead cameras at speed.  :-[  I was extremely lucky not to get heavily done for that, so I’ve genuinely been trying really hard to repay my good fortune.  :y
It’s difficult, it really is difficult.  ;D  I’ll give you a wave as I pass Brackley on route.  :) :y
Logged
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108270
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28889 on: 25 July 2026, 09:05:15 »

Enjoy your break :y
Logged
Grumpy old man
 

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.