Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 6671943 times)

0 Members and 49 Guests are viewing this topic.

YZ250

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxford/Bucks border
  • Posts: 5110
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28950 on: 10 August 2026, 15:40:58 »

That one is a Corsa C, the Project a D.

Caliper clearly had been sticking a bit, but after taking apart and cleaning seems fine now.  Assuming the fluid one side has been kept hotter than the other for a bit. 
Regardless, the ability to flush / bleed is deffo needed.

 Understood.  :y 
Good luck with the bleed screws.
Logged
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Marks DTM Calib

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • West Bridgford
  • Posts: 34166
  • Git!
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28951 on: 12 August 2026, 10:51:10 »

Corsa D front shocks are pretty cheap (The Adam ones are the same), sub fifty quid for a pair of Conti Direct parts delivered  :y
« Last Edit: 12 August 2026, 10:54:33 by Marks DTM Calib »
Logged

Sir Tigger KC

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • West Dorset
  • Posts: 25385
    • BMW 530d Touring
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28952 on: 13 August 2026, 16:38:58 »

Car told me it wanted some screen wash, so I filled it up and it took nearly 5 litres.

I've never had a car that goes through screen wash like this one does.  :-\

The screen washers seem kinda normal, so I assume that the head light washers must be like a fire hose.  ::)
Logged
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

tunnie

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Surrey
  • Posts: 37703
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW i4M60
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28953 on: 13 August 2026, 16:44:57 »

Maybe you have a leak? In nearly 8,000 miles I've topped up the i4's screen wash tank twice.

The jets are on the wiper arms though and I don't think it uses that much each time.
Logged

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108263
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28954 on: 13 August 2026, 19:15:09 »

Car told me it wanted some screen wash, so I filled it up and it took nearly 5 litres.

I've never had a car that goes through screen wash like this one does.  :-\

The screen washers seem kinda normal, so I assume that the head light washers must be like a fire hose.  ::)
Headlight washers do use a shit load, particularly in winter when your lights are on more.
Logged
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108263
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28955 on: 13 August 2026, 19:16:55 »

The jets are on the wiper arms though and I don't think it uses that much each time.
Mine has a setting to only squirt on the up stroke that I need to disable, as I feel it isn't really getting enough water on the screen each time.

Can't think what was wrong with the old fashioned method of proper washer jets, and they squirt when the control is pressed, and stop when released.
Logged
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

  • Omega Queen
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Essex / Suffolk border.
  • Posts: 13328
    • 3.2 Elite. Nissan Leaf.
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28956 on: 13 August 2026, 19:31:08 »

Drove the Omega the best part of 100 miles today, which doesnt happen very often.
Its still a lovely old thing to drive.  8)
Glad I had the A/C regassed last week.  :o
Logged
Its weird being the same age as old people !

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Utopia
  • Posts: 33319
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28957 on: 14 August 2026, 13:20:47 »

Drove the Omega the best part of 100 miles today, which doesnt happen very often.
Its still a lovely old thing to drive.  8)
Glad I had the A/C regassed last week.  :o

If only it were French. It would have been the perfect drive. >:D
Logged

tunnie

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Surrey
  • Posts: 37703
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW i4M60
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28958 on: 14 August 2026, 15:16:07 »

Car told me it wanted some screen wash, so I filled it up and it took nearly 5 litres.

I've never had a car that goes through screen wash like this one does.  :-\

The screen washers seem kinda normal, so I assume that the head light washers must be like a fire hose.  ::)
Headlight washers do use a shit load, particularly in winter when your lights are on more.

No headlight washers on mine, have to say LED don't appear to be affected as dirt as much as old HID's

The nose of the i4 has been very mucky, but the lights have still been excellent.
Logged

Sir Tigger KC

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • West Dorset
  • Posts: 25385
    • BMW 530d Touring
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28959 on: 14 August 2026, 18:50:36 »

Car told me it wanted some screen wash, so I filled it up and it took nearly 5 litres.

I've never had a car that goes through screen wash like this one does.  :-\

The screen washers seem kinda normal, so I assume that the head light washers must be like a fire hose.  ::)
Headlight washers do use a shit load, particularly in winter when your lights are on more.

No headlight washers on mine, have to say LED don't appear to be affected as dirt as much as old HID's

The nose of the i4 has been very mucky, but the lights have still been excellent.

Mine has pop up head light washers which is kinda funky.  :y 

In fact when I first bought it, I thought it didn't have headlight washers and there were two lttle blanking panels on the bumper.  ::)   ;D
Logged
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Jimbob

  • Global Moderator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • Posts: 24601
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Elroq
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28960 on: 16 August 2026, 16:58:19 »

New shocks / springs / and mounting bits now fitted to both sides of the Corsa.  Oil & Filter change done, and booked in for tyres and geometry.
Insurance swapped to a little Jimbob

YZ250

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxford/Bucks border
  • Posts: 5110
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28961 on: 16 August 2026, 17:55:53 »

………
Mine has pop up head light washers which is kinda funky.  :y 

In fact when I first bought it, I thought it didn't have headlight washers and there were two lttle blanking panels on the bumper.  ::)   ;D

If they freeze in the up position when frosty, just leave them alone and when it thaws out they’ll go back down on their own.  :y

If you like funky, does yours have the active front grill blind, where the blind behind the grill goes up when you start the engine and closes the grill when you stop. A lot of drivers don’t realise that it does that as they can’t see it from the drivers seat, even though bmw have been fitting them for over twenty years.  :)
Logged
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Sir Tigger KC

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • West Dorset
  • Posts: 25385
    • BMW 530d Touring
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28962 on: 16 August 2026, 19:34:19 »

………
Mine has pop up head light washers which is kinda funky.  :y 

In fact when I first bought it, I thought it didn't have headlight washers and there were two lttle blanking panels on the bumper.  ::)   ;D

If they freeze in the up position when frosty, just leave them alone and when it thaws out they’ll go back down on their own.  :y

If you like funky, does yours have the active front grill blind, where the blind behind the grill goes up when you start the engine and closes the grill when you stop. A lot of drivers don’t realise that it does that as they can’t see it from the drivers seat, even though bmw have been fitting them for over twenty years.  :)

I didn't know about that and I've just been out and had a look.

About 4 or 5 inches in there's what looks like a venetian blind that's closed.  I started the engine but it didn't open.  :-\

I'll have another look tomorrow when I go out in it. Maybe it opens when it's moving?  ???
Logged
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

VXL V6

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Warwickshire
  • Posts: 9928
    • 530D M Sport, 330i Coupe
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28963 on: 16 August 2026, 19:51:52 »

………
Mine has pop up head light washers which is kinda funky.  :y 

In fact when I first bought it, I thought it didn't have headlight washers and there were two lttle blanking panels on the bumper.  ::)   ;D

If they freeze in the up position when frosty, just leave them alone and when it thaws out they’ll go back down on their own.  :y

If you like funky, does yours have the active front grill blind, where the blind behind the grill goes up when you start the engine and closes the grill when you stop. A lot of drivers don’t realise that it does that as they can’t see it from the drivers seat, even though bmw have been fitting them for over twenty years.  :)

I didn't know about that and I've just been out and had a look.

About 4 or 5 inches in there's what looks like a venetian blind that's closed.  I started the engine but it didn't open.  :-\

I'll have another look tomorrow when I go out in it. Maybe it opens when it's moving?  ???

Only really opens when it's 'scorchio'
Logged

Sir Tigger KC

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • West Dorset
  • Posts: 25385
    • BMW 530d Touring
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #28964 on: 16 August 2026, 20:50:41 »

………
Mine has pop up head light washers which is kinda funky.  :y 

In fact when I first bought it, I thought it didn't have headlight washers and there were two lttle blanking panels on the bumper.  ::)   ;D

If they freeze in the up position when frosty, just leave them alone and when it thaws out they’ll go back down on their own.  :y

If you like funky, does yours have the active front grill blind, where the blind behind the grill goes up when you start the engine and closes the grill when you stop. A lot of drivers don’t realise that it does that as they can’t see it from the drivers seat, even though bmw have been fitting them for over twenty years.  :)

I didn't know about that and I've just been out and had a look.

About 4 or 5 inches in there's what looks like a venetian blind that's closed.  I started the engine but it didn't open.  :-\

I'll have another look tomorrow when I go out in it. Maybe it opens when it's moving?  ???

Only really opens when it's 'scorchio'

Ah OK thanks.  :y

I probably won't get to see it open then with the impending monsoon and sub arctic conditions forecast*.  :-\

* Relatively speaking of course!  ::)                     ;D
Logged
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
 

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.