Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143939 times)

Macduff

• Intermediate Member
  • Bedfordshire
    • Omege 2.6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #2325 on: 08 April 2012, 14:11:00 »

Changed my wheels from old school prefacelift MV6 wheels to facelift Elite wheels :)
Born free taxed to death

DaveA

• Intermediate Member
  • Leicestershire
    • Insignia CDTI SE 160
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: 08 April 2012, 15:59:13 »

Been giving all the tow bar electrics a good clean and checked they are working OK.
   What I did notice, is, that the rubber hangers holding the back box on, had perished and split, only put then on in Feb last year when replaced my exhaust, from Eternalcar. Replaced with the old VX rubber hangers, which are in better condition and a lot older, will replace all the others before MOT.
 others seem OK at the minute.   
Regards
    Dave

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: 08 April 2012, 16:24:52 »

Been giving all the tow bar electrics a good clean and checked they are working OK.
   What I did notice, is, that the rubber hangers holding the back box on, had perished and split, only put then on in Feb last year when replaced my exhaust, from Eternalcar. Replaced with the old VX rubber hangers, which are in better condition and a lot older, will replace all the others before MOT.
 others seem OK at the minute.   
The Eternal hangers are shite.  I only get the exhaust pieces from there, ancillaries from elsewhere.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: 08 April 2012, 17:17:13 »

Bought a set of new (to me) shocks and springs for the Westfield.

Went to a Westfield meet. 2 of us turned up in the proper vehicle. rather lightweights. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: 08 April 2012, 17:24:13 »

Went to a Westfield meet. 2 of us turned up in the proper vehicle.
Bit like the local ABS meet we have near here - only Mike Bloodworth and I turn up in Vauxhalls, let alone 'eligible cars' ;D.  The rest turn up in Audis, Porsche, Dodge Rams, transits etc ;D
Grumpy old man

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: 08 April 2012, 17:35:51 »

Spent several hours today fitting a new catalytic converter/down pipe with flexi to #1 daughters MK2 clit.

Why don,t aftermarket parts ever fit first time around :'(  Alignment holes for heat sheild is in totally the wrong place and the securing holes for the cat to the cars original bracket are a mile away.

Ended up having to remove the entire other 2 sections of the exhaust to get it all back in some sort of resemblance of a correct fit.In the process managed to shear off 2 out of the 3 bolts that hold the stupid ali rear box mounting .Now have to wait until Monday until I can get a couple of drill bits to get the busted bits out then hopefully it will be back together.Local speedy place wanted £185=00 to replace ,but managed to get part from Mr.Exhaust for £75=00 delivered so suppose I can put up with bit of agro .

Any exhaust fitters around that can answer this question for me.?? 

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: 08 April 2012, 17:39:59 »

Woops pressed button tooo quickly. ;D ;D ;D

When I removed the original cat/downpipe there was NO gasket between the exhaust manifold and the downpipe.Although pipe has a definite flange and sits tight to the manifold sure this cannot be a gas tight seal.   I have fitted waht was given in kit which looks like a "brillo pad " between the downpipe and exhaust manifold. :-\  Is this correct  or should there be NO gasket seal as before.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: 08 April 2012, 20:40:24 »

Did my first oil and filter change today. Absolute piece of piss :)

Got to say though it was the first time I'd been under the car with it on ramps and stands. Don't like it  :-[ I mean don't get me wrong I took all precautions..... up on ramps, chocls, axel stands in place in case it fell, jack stand in place in case it fell and one wheel under each side but christ i hated it. Thank God at College I know they have hydraulic lifts!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • 99 2.5 V6, 03 2.2 CD FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: 08 April 2012, 21:18:46 »

Woops pressed button tooo quickly. ;D ;D ;D

When I removed the original cat/downpipe there was NO gasket between the exhaust manifold and the downpipe.Although pipe has a definite flange and sits tight to the manifold sure this cannot be a gas tight seal.   I have fitted waht was given in kit which looks like a "brillo pad " between the downpipe and exhaust manifold. :-\  Is this correct  or should there be NO gasket seal as before.

9x out of 10 it will have a gasket as its a pattern part but make sure you got some exhaust paste as well you may need it  :y
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Elm327 code reader And OP COM available Locally PM Me

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: 08 April 2012, 21:26:59 »

Got to say though it was the first time I'd been under the car with it on ramps and stands. Don't like it  :-[ I mean don't get me wrong I took all precautions..... up on ramps, chocls, axel stands in place in case it fell, jack stand in place in case it fell and one wheel under each side but christ i hated it. Thank God at College I know they have hydraulic lifts!

For an omega baron WOW first one be safer than sorry or Ott
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: 08 April 2012, 21:31:20 »

Yep, appearances can be deceptive  ;D

To be honest it's the only thing I've put off knowing I had to get under the car but it has to be done so I got down and dirty.  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: 08 April 2012, 22:45:37 »

To be honest it's the only thing I've put off knowing I had to get under the car but it has to be done so I got down and dirty.  :y

Yep lol ;D :y

To be honest it's the only thing I've put off knowing I had to get under the car but it has to be done so I got down and dirty. :y

I like gettin down and dirty espically if it cones to the mig  ;D :y
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: 08 April 2012, 22:51:11 »

[/quote]

Yep, me too. just didn't like having a 2 tonne mig straddling my head and genitals  :-[
RIP Paul Lovejoy

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: 08 April 2012, 22:57:20 »

All joints down side of cat have been sealed up with paste before assembly and securing with clamps. :y

No gasket was present when  I removed downpipe from manifold :o ,but reading online it seems that some models have a gasket and kit came with a "brillo pad " metal thing that I have fitted although it did make the nuts not go as far up the manifold studs as those that I took off  :o.Must say it looks a slightly  " Heath Robinson " affair the French have dreamt up ;D but I suppose as long as it seals thats the important thing and will then be hiden by manifold heat sheild  :y .Just wanted to ask if that seemed correct..Engine E7J 1390cc ;)

Elite_L0ver

• Eastleigh, Hampshire
  • On too Omega #2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: 08 April 2012, 23:14:20 »

Yep lol ;D :y

To be honest it's the only thing I've put off knowing I had to get under the car but it has to be done so I got down and dirty. :y

Yep, me too. just didn't like having a 2 tonne mig straddling my head and genitals  :-[
[/quote]

Its fine as long as your secure and not balancing on a jack alone I trust both my ramps jack and axle stands I can work under for long periods pull push and still be safe iv had a senic on em too and trannie and never felt safer IV a set of ramps if you want them
Likes My Music LOUD!!!!

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.