Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3146094 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #3900 on: 18 December 2012, 16:53:19 »

changed the stat. sounds so simple doesnt it. ffs.. ;D

It is ;D
In theory. :P
50 mins to hour :y done 2 in a morning :y 1=2.5 1=3.0  :y :y
took me two days. ;D really could not be bothered.

Oh, ps, did you change the transfer pipe? Hmm? :)

Took a lot longer than 2 days :-X ::)
postponed due to bad weather, so yes about a fortnight. ;D

Have a bowl of Custard!
if you've got custard, see a Doctor. :)

Can I get it on prescription?  ::)
I like red cars

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: 19 December 2012, 17:02:49 »

Gave the TD cooling system a good flush, and refilled with GM coolant. :y

ozzycat

• Omega Baron
  • chudliegh knighton /devon
    • hyundia i30
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: 19 December 2012, 17:50:09 »

It is ;D

Have a bowl of Custard!

no but we can force feed you it till it comes out of your ears ;D ;D ::) ::) :y
this is a great forum lets not spoil it
long live the magic tree
its good to be back

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: 19 December 2012, 17:55:41 »

It is ;D

Have a bowl of Custard!

no but we can force feed you it till it comes out of your ears ;D ;D ::) ::) :y

Wonderful :P
I like red cars

05omegav6

« Reply #3904 on: 19 December 2012, 19:52:47 »

Broke mine as well ::)

Clutch let go with a puff of smoke and a really nasty vibration >:( got a clutch to fit but flywheel only from Germany,so well into next year...

Is it Christmas yet  :-\

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: 19 December 2012, 21:08:06 »

Yep, sounds so casual don't it, like it takes about five minutes. It took me about three hours to do mine. I was in the 'V' in under thirty minutes, wiggled and waggled the thermostat, snapped the transfer pipe bracket off by accident (which didn't bother me as i had bought all the new bits anyway) and then the real fight begins. Pipe grips one end and mole grips the other, the bloody thing put up hell of a fight. If I had to do it again, I'd saw through the stat housing outlet pipe, hoover up the swarf and then unbolt the stat.
As a side note, do you think that Vauxhall measured the longest length of transfer pipe that would fit through the 'V' side of the engine, and then added 5mm so that it wouldn't.  :(
With the exception of the transfer pipe it is a nice little job.  :y  The jobs I hate are suspension related, where everything is so damn tight because of thread dryness and the dirt.  :(
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

feeutfo

« Reply #3906 on: 19 December 2012, 22:42:05 »

Yep, sounds so casual don't it, like it takes about five minutes. It took me about three hours to do mine. I was in the 'V' in under thirty minutes, wiggled and waggled the thermostat, snapped the transfer pipe bracket off by accident (which didn't bother me as i had bought all the new bits anyway) and then the real fight begins. Pipe grips one end and mole grips the other, the bloody thing put up hell of a fight. If I had to do it again, I'd saw through the stat housing outlet pipe, hoover up the swarf and then unbolt the stat.
As a side note, do you think that Vauxhall measured the longest length of transfer pipe that would fit through the 'V' side of the engine, and then added 5mm so that it wouldn't.  :(
With the exception of the transfer pipe it is a nice little job.  :y  The jobs I hate are suspension related, where everything is so damn tight because of thread dryness and the dirt.  :(

Haven't got moll grips. So ..... "Ah, that'll do". Biggest pry bar I've got. Wedged between bracket and head, and lever the bugger off. Poxy thing!

I did move the pas reservoir though. Maybe that helped get the pipe out?

Must say I wasn't expecting two bastward bolts on the 3.2 :(

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: 20 December 2012, 16:24:25 »

Cleaned the scuttle drains, after seeing the weather forecasts. Being safe than sorry, although it wasnt badly blocked as expected  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: 20 December 2012, 17:40:11 »

Haven't got moll grips. So ..... "Ah, that'll do". Biggest pry bar I've got. Wedged between bracket and head, and lever the bugger off. Poxy thing!

Its a job that needs molegrips, thats probably why you made a pigs ear of it. That and "can't be arsed"
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: 20 December 2012, 17:40:32 »

Broken something again  >:(
Grumpy old man

feeutfo

« Reply #3910 on: 20 December 2012, 21:18:12 »

Its a job that needs molegrips, thats probably why you made a pigs ear of it. That and "can't be arsed"
can't bring meself to buy any, they come under the butchers tools heading IMO. Although there are occasions....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: 20 December 2012, 21:22:32 »

can't bring meself to buy any, they come under the butchers tools heading IMO. Although there are occasions....
All tools have a place, if they can be used properly
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: 20 December 2012, 21:29:19 »

Indeed, mole grips are great for welding and the like

albitz

« Reply #3913 on: 20 December 2012, 22:06:45 »

Put another new alternator on the Cavalier.This one came complete with Vacuum pump (but wasnt free). ::)
Fitted it in the pissing rain this morning and in a real hurry as I had to be somewhere else.Was pleased to see that it was finally oiltight. 10 miles into the 12 mile drive to the hospital the wipers slowed down,the radio switched itself off etc. I think I worked out why when the radio went off.I cold then here the squealing of the drive belt.I hadnt put enough time or effort into tensioning it,so I guess it was supplying enough charge to keep the dash light out but not enough to have almost everything electrical running - including the HRW.It started when I left for home tonight and got me home with everything switched off which could be,including the headlights in well lit areas.
Will tension the belt properly in the morning and hopefully that will be the end of the saga.

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: 23 December 2012, 10:37:46 »

My car began to missfire on Friday on the way home from work.... eml came on, so nursed "Yoda" home.
In need of a laptop so pedal trick showed cylinder 5 was not at happy bunny..... I had a virtually new one in my spares so it was on within ten minutes to burst back into 6 cylinder life. ...

:y :y :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.