Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143961 times)

feeutfo

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #3915 on: 23 December 2012, 10:50:08 »

Indeed, mole grips are great for welding and the like
Suspect the day I get into welding, will be the day I stump up for some. :)

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: 23 December 2012, 12:16:33 »

Acquired more parts for my 'make an Elite handle like it should' project! Thanks 2Woody!

albitz

« Reply #3917 on: 23 December 2012, 12:49:16 »

Washed it - it was filthy.Going outside shortly to do some more to project Bose installation.

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: 23 December 2012, 12:58:11 »

Washed it - it was filthy.Going outside shortly to do some more to project Bose installation.

How's that going? Is your head not turned?

martin42

« Reply #3919 on: 23 December 2012, 13:23:12 »

oil and filter change today,not my car tho,EMD's miggy,i let Steve supervise lol  ;D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #3920 on: 23 December 2012, 14:25:21 »

oil and filter change today,not my car tho,EMD's miggy,i let Steve supervise lol  ;D ;D

Still no change martin , but will give it time to settle . Thanks again , not throwing anymore money at it now  :(

albitz

« Reply #3921 on: 23 December 2012, 15:06:20 »

Havent had a chance to do anything to it for a long time,but Im on dayshift today and got the place to myself so thought I would try and get some more done. Ive just run the loom from the amp up to the drivers kick panel.My car doesnt have the wiring and connector to plug the Bose loom into,so that part will have to wait until I get a loom made for it.Now need to finish cutting out the holes in the metal shelf for the rear speakers then finish installing the shelf & blind.
Ive just started removing the rear (grey) seatbelts to replace them with black ones but Ive got stuck.The black seatbelts are retracted and I cant work out how to release them so I can fit them in the car.
Might ask the oracle (RobG) Im sure he will know. :)

aaronjb

« Reply #3922 on: 23 December 2012, 17:03:31 »

I'm seriously thinking of signing up for the evening course at Bracknell & Reading college.. Just shy of £300 for however many weeks of one night a week it is for 'Sheet metalwork and welding for car restoration'. Might be a bit problematic with your shifts, though, I guess.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: 23 December 2012, 17:20:29 »

Could always have a gathering to have a play sometime, if you like. I'll be at a loose end for the next 2 weeks, although I'd recommend the course at Basingstoke. It does depend what instructor you get, apparently. We had a guy called Frank. Ex-army and really knew his stuff. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: 23 December 2012, 17:37:34 »

I'm seriously thinking of signing up for the evening course at Bracknell & Reading college.. Just shy of £300 for however many weeks of one night a week it is for 'Sheet metalwork and welding for car restoration'. Might be a bit problematic with your shifts, though, I guess.
That's not a price for learning mate. My welding helmet cost £400 its digital can alter shade time delay etc
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: 23 December 2012, 17:38:19 »

Finally sorted Boggys miggy 2.2 :y :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: 23 December 2012, 18:19:33 »

Changed the NSF tyre.
Now it pulls to the OS... go figure!

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: 23 December 2012, 19:45:21 »

Havent had a chance to do anything to it for a long time,but Im on dayshift today and got the place to myself so thought I would try and get some more done. Ive just run the loom from the amp up to the drivers kick panel.My car doesnt have the wiring and connector to plug the Bose loom into,so that part will have to wait until I get a loom made for it.Now need to finish cutting out the holes in the metal shelf for the rear speakers then finish installing the shelf & blind.
Ive just started removing the rear (grey) seatbelts to replace them with black ones but Ive got stuck.The black seatbelts are retracted and I cant work out how to release them so I can fit them in the car.

Well it is a labour of love after all, and it'll be we'll worth it  :y
Rob must be out tonight  :D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: 23 December 2012, 19:51:16 »

Could always have a gathering to have a play sometime, if you like. I'll be at a loose end for the next 2 weeks, although I'd recommend the course at Basingstoke. It does depend what instructor you get, apparently. We had a guy called Frank. Ex-army and really knew his stuff. :y

Oh, and the course I was on was £70 IIRC. Used much more than that in consumables and metal. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: 23 December 2012, 19:55:46 »

They will only release when they are at the same angle as when installed in the car, otherwise the inertia reel will lock.  Hold the unit in one hand while gently pulling on the belt with the other.  Then slowly rotate to unit.  When you get the angle right, the belt will slide out easily.  ;)
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.