Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123107 times)

chrisgixer

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #8550 on: 30 August 2014, 21:31:55 »

Found an incorrectly seated rear donut.  :-[

Better now though  :y ;D
needs geo now  :D

Standard white chalk and white string, no more. ::)

your learning at last 8)

In other words, removing donuts does not affect set up. For others reading.

Bigchicken is the oof troll. Ignore everything he says. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: 30 August 2014, 22:26:04 »

Driven it 500 miles (and not the Omega, either.) ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: 31 August 2014, 08:51:10 »

Forgot to say, last weekend I actually managed to wheelspin the Battlebus in the pissing rain.  I've been trying for months, and first time I've managed it ;D
So the performance issue isn't a mechanical one, simply that it needs new tyres as the slicks are too sticky in the dry, and not sticky enough in the drizzle ;D
Being a no name budget tyre that is awful for grip in the dry, and fun in the wet, I should be able to wheelspin this tinker anywhere, anytime
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: 31 August 2014, 19:32:41 »

Fitted new condenser  :y
Fitted new pipe from matrix to HBV to bypass Aux pump ready for LPG vapouriser  :y (Although I had to call with Daz for guidance as I wasn't pulling the connector off the matrix with enough force - you can never hit your own car hard enough!)
Fitted old radiator back as new one isn't for a 3.2/2.6 (I know, I shouldn't have thought I could make the oil cooler fit - upshot is that despite taking the sensors out and smearing them with grey sealant and using the aux pump to replace the original one the thing still leaks.  :'(

Suppose i'll have to buy a full price VX one now.  :-[

And dismantle it all again

Oh and the level sensor has failed in the expansion tank after too forceful cleaning.  :'(

Better go and earn some more money now so I can buy more parts.....  ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #8554 on: 31 August 2014, 20:11:00 »

Swapped the cover for the sunroof over to stop it rattling, and stuck some double sided tape on the back of the red tags in the door pins... To stop them rattling. ::)

There's a few more rattling things in there somewhere to sort but I can't find them. Bloody East Ham has a lot to answer for.

The Sheriff

« Reply #8555 on: 31 August 2014, 20:25:42 »

Swapped the cover for the sunroof over to stop it rattling, and stuck some double sided tape on the back of the red tags in the door pins... To stop them rattling. ::)

There's a few more rattling things in there somewhere to sort but I can't find them. Bloody East Ham has a lot to answer for.
It's just falling to bits. They all do...eventually. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #8556 on: 31 August 2014, 20:28:26 »

There where a few disintegrated Daewoos on the Barking Rd Esta! So I guess some last longer than others :P

chrisgixer

« Reply #8557 on: 31 August 2014, 20:29:39 »

Clarkson is wrong btw. You absolutely do need a 4x4 in London. Worse than any mountain pass. :o

The Sheriff

« Reply #8558 on: 31 August 2014, 20:30:12 »

There where a few disintegrated Daewoos on the Barking Rd Esta! So I guess some last longer than others :P
Yes. I believe Chevvy's last for ever. :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #8559 on: 31 August 2014, 20:31:00 »

No that's Holdens! Come on keep up. ;D

The Sheriff

« Reply #8560 on: 31 August 2014, 20:33:19 »

My Chevvy will probably be going next year anyway..

chrisgixer

« Reply #8561 on: 31 August 2014, 20:34:07 »

Astra.

The Sheriff

« Reply #8562 on: 31 August 2014, 20:36:00 »

Astra.
Don't know...but once the warranty runs out, I will probably get shut. Maybe a 4X4........maybe an estate.... :-\

chrisgixer

« Reply #8563 on: 31 August 2014, 20:42:12 »

I'm off, he's chatting me up.

The Sheriff

« Reply #8564 on: 31 August 2014, 20:43:24 »

I'm off, he's chatting me up.
Nah. Plenty of fresh meat on here..... :D

Baggy arse.. ;D

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.