Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3144010 times)

beefyecosse

• newmains lanarkshire
    • 2.6 cdx saloon
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #10620 on: 07 July 2015, 02:33:37 »

Recaro or Elite leather ?
  Elite leather Recaro leather is hard to get hold of here in scotland on the plus side the old cdx seats are going into my mates waiting room at his garage as chairs once i weld them onto some frames LOL

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #10621 on: 07 July 2015, 11:42:34 »

Yesterday.
Harlington-London
London-Leamington Spa-Harlington

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

mka306

« Reply #10622 on: 08 July 2015, 12:41:13 »

Took the car to ATS to get the tracking done and found all four wheels out of alignment, £63 later and she shoots straight as an arrow again, now I need to sort out the miss firing :-\

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: 08 July 2015, 17:02:16 »

Never never mention 'tracking' you'll get Al seeing his arse... what you need is 4 wheel alignment done at Wheels in Motion..... :y
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

05omegav6

« Reply #10624 on: 08 July 2015, 18:06:26 »

Never never mention 'tracking' you'll get Al seeing his arse... what you need is 4 wheel alignment done at Wheels in Motion..... :y
Couldn't give a flying monkeys bollock. Not my car and not my tyres... Besides if people won't be told then that's their lookout. There is a reason why things are recommended or not wrt Omegas and their maintenance requirements. And if newbies can't be bothered to even take those recommendations on board then what can you do?

Besides, paying Wim/Nigel Lang £100 every 20k is far cheaper than buying tyres every week. I know this from bitter experience. Many other people have also learnt this lesson the hard way.

It's worth noting that those recommendations are based on hundreds of thousands of miles of experience brought together by members over a number of years. :-X

mka306

« Reply #10625 on: 08 July 2015, 18:45:59 »

Couldn't give a flying monkeys bollock. Not my car and not my tyres... Besides if people won't be told then that's their lookout. There is a reason why things are recommended or not wrt Omegas and their maintenance requirements. And if newbies can't be bothered to even take those recommendations on board then what can you do?

Besides, paying Wim/Nigel Lang £100 every 20k is far cheaper than buying tyres every week. I know this from bitter experience. Many other people have also learnt this lesson the hard way.

It's worth noting that those recommendations are based on hundreds of thousands of miles of experience brought together by members over a number of years. :-X

Well I must thank you for that over the top and unnecessary rant, I must in future use the crystal ball and read things I didn't know existed ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #10626 on: 08 July 2015, 20:03:47 »

Search the word Geometry using the search box and it produces over a thousand references on OOF.

My rant wasn't actually directed at you personally, but it gets frustrating repeating everything because people can't or won't use this fantastic resource :-X

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: 08 July 2015, 20:17:39 »

:) :y :)

Hook

Line

Sinker....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: 08 July 2015, 20:18:16 »

'Twas done in jest BTW Al :)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

mka306

« Reply #10629 on: 08 July 2015, 20:18:34 »

Search the word Geometry using the search box and it produces over a thousand references on OOF.

My rant wasn't actually directed at you personally, but it gets frustrating repeating everything because people can't or won't use this fantastic resource :-X

I don't mind if it was directed at me as I do have thick skin but if it wasn't directed at me then I'll retract my previous statement.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: 08 July 2015, 20:29:27 »

Take it with a pinch of salt fella, am also thick skinned too :)

I understand what tracking is, I know why its done, I also understand why the geometry should also be set-up proffesionally but TBH is it really worth it on out roads where the geometry will be upset everytime we drive over a bump in the road or a pot-hole of which we have an abundance of ....

Just stick to getting the tracking done on your motor, Im getting mine done Friday before travelling to Billing :)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: 08 July 2015, 20:31:28 »

Take it with a pinch of salt fella, am also thick skinned too :)

I understand what tracking is, I know why its done, I also understand why the geometry should also be set-up proffesionally but TBH is it really worth it on out roads where the geometry will be upset everytime we drive over a bump in the road or a pot-hole of which we have an abundance of ....

Just stick to getting the tracking done on your motor, Im getting mine done Friday before travelling to Billing :)

Utter rubbish. Complete and utter rubbish.

Just saying. As they say. ;)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: 08 July 2015, 20:55:20 »

I agree with that gixer bloke  :o :o :o

I struggled for years with tracking places, bodge after bodge, uneven wear and so on. Since I was recommended wheels in motion, never had an issue. Drives spot on and even wear for last 8 years or so :)

It lasts too, I've not had the 2.2 or 3.2 geo'd for 3 and nearly 4 years respectively.  :y

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: 08 July 2015, 21:31:30 »

There was a certain amount of myth that omegas knock their track out very easily.

While you can smack it hard enough to alter the geo, the above myth is just that. It's more an excuse by certain garages to hide that fact they dontbhave a clue about geometric set up and how to fix basic tyre wear issues.

I've had a Range Rover slam an omega into a kerb so hard it bent the wishbone. Which was replaced, and the tow setting was fine.

That's not to say they can't be knocked out of kilter, but the point is you have to go some to do it, and the pot hole needs to be pretty big. Disaterously big.

Geometric set up is one of the most discussed topics on here. There's loads of info, loads of guides and loads of posts on the topic. See maintainable and FAQ sections first off :y

amazonian

• Intermediate Member
  • upper beeding. west sussex
    • 03 2.2 CDX auto estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: 08 July 2015, 21:52:25 »

I will need mine doing shortly,but since WIM are in Cheshire and I am in West Sussex, where do guys in this part of the country go ?
Any advice would be appreciated.

:) :)

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 18 queries.