Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3146372 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #11790 on: 15 January 2016, 08:27:08 »

.......noticed a few times, back end was loose on corners, and bit of turn in oversteer,  Whoops tyre pressures all over the show :-X

Same here, mine is a rim leak on one wheel so without a refurb I'm buggered.  :'( It will stay at the same psi for a few days until the wheel rotation lands on the bad bit and it will drop to around 11psi overnight. I'll have to get it sorted as it's pissing me off keep inflating it.  >:(
I failed my walk-around checks this morning as it was down again and I felt it rather than see it.  ::)

Usually its the bead, a good tyre fitter would grind down the corroded area and apply sealant tot he rim before tyre fitting (some just lob the sealant on the corrosion and of course, it then leaks)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: 15 January 2016, 09:02:48 »

.......noticed a few times, back end was loose on corners, and bit of turn in oversteer,  Whoops tyre pressures all over the show :-X

Same here, mine is a rim leak on one wheel so without a refurb I'm buggered.  :'( It will stay at the same psi for a few days until the wheel rotation lands on the bad bit and it will drop to around 11psi overnight. I'll have to get it sorted as it's pissing me off keep inflating it.  >:(
I failed my walk-around checks this morning as it was down again and I felt it rather than see it.  ::)

Usually its the bead, a good tyre fitter would grind down the corroded area and apply sealant tot he rim before tyre fitting (some just lob the sealant on the corrosion and of course, it then leaks)
They are rare
Hoof'land storeman.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: 15 January 2016, 10:14:24 »

Yeh sorry, that's what I meant, the bead seal to a flakey rim, but you are right in what you say as the rim needs dressing to cure this.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: 15 January 2016, 12:07:02 »

Yeh sorry, that's what I meant, the bead seal to a flakey rim, but you are right in what you say as the rim needs dressing to cure this.  :y

I have the same, the fronts can easily loose 5 PSi over a week sometimes.  :(

I've got a set of new Kuhmo's on early F/L Elite Alloys, but I much prefer the later ones. I plan to go to WIM to get them to swap over the tyres and double check the corrosion on the rims. Also time it had a Geo-session as well.

Can't wait to get rid of the shite Nexen's  >:(

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: 15 January 2016, 13:16:13 »

Had to put a new expansion tank on the Elite today due to the float coming off its mount, also picked up some 5W30 from the dealers at only £12.50 plus vat for 5 ltrs, 20ltrs of antifreeze £20.99 and 5ltrs screen wash £2.50 each :y

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: 15 January 2016, 14:42:04 »

Had the rac out due to a flat battery and after swmbo bless her was pushing the omega down the road for me to try and bump it but it wasnt having any of it.

Mr rac said that my battery has just about had it and would i like a quote on a new one.
£110 for one is a bit steep i said so i'll get my own one to which he replied yes it is a bit but if your battery dies again we wont come out to jump it again. Which is fair enough I suppose

Any recommendations for brands of battery at all? 2.2 petrol btw

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: 15 January 2016, 15:00:14 »

They must be bad :o :o :o
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #11797 on: 15 January 2016, 15:42:15 »

Had the rac out due to a flat battery and after swmbo bless her was pushing the omega down the road for me to try and bump it but it wasnt having any of it.

Mr rac said that my battery has just about had it and would i like a quote on a new one.
£110 for one is a bit steep i said so i'll get my own one to which he replied yes it is a bit but if your battery dies again we wont come out to jump it again. Which is fair enough I suppose

Halfords 063 Should do nicely for a sensible cost :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: 15 January 2016, 16:04:37 »

They must be bad :o :o :o

Ohh they are. Even me driving, when not even remotley trying they loose traction.  :o

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: 15 January 2016, 18:12:26 »

ECP or CP4L often do good deals on batteries.  :y     Especially when they've got a sale on!  :-X  :D  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: 15 January 2016, 19:40:16 »

Took my desmond for an m.o.t. today..three weeks before it was due and it passed with fllying colours and the tester commented on it being a very sound motor......So this car that i bought nearly a year ago and spent a few quid on and i must admit did not have a great deal of faith in..has now made me a happy bunny and restored my confidence in these old barges..happy days once again... :y :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: 15 January 2016, 23:59:09 »

I recently got a battery for the 3.2, for under £40 from eurocarparts :)

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: 16 January 2016, 07:44:31 »

ECP or CP4L often do good deals on batteries.  :y     Especially when they've got a sale on!  :-X  :D  ;D
Going to get one come payday as i found a promo code giving me another 10% off  :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: 16 January 2016, 10:04:05 »

I recently got a battery for the 3.2, for under £40 from eurocarparts :)

Likewise. Keep the guarantee paperwork and bob's your uncle.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: 16 January 2016, 10:37:02 »

Going to get one come payday as i found a  ;D code giving me another 10% off  :y

ECP doing discount codes, wow there's a surprise
Hoof'land storeman.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.