Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143125 times)

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #12330 on: 03 April 2016, 19:01:27 »

Made a start on cleaning the sills after removing the covers, but the job stalled when I wasn't sure whether to remove the donut bolt on the back end. Now I know (or so I've been reliably informed) I'll continue on the next sunny day.

Whilst the rear end was up on the ramp, decided to clean and grease the brake pipes...... that was a job in itself, and wouldn't relish the thought of having to replace them with the way they duck and dive all over the place.  :'(
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: 03 April 2016, 19:26:08 »

Removed ALL four wheels to get them sorted as I'm fed up with pumping the tyres up every day. D
How are you getting them repaired?
Standard refurb as a guess

Yep, standard refurb.  :y Dipped, stripped, checked for any cracks etc and refurbed like for like colour wise. The outer side of the wheels looked ok but the inner rim had flaked badly. The bead seal had been dressed previously but they were becoming troublesome again.  I'm hoping this cures it.  :-\

Two fronts on mine, one in particular looses pressure. I find it can be fine then all of a sudden loose 5 PSI. I think it depends on where it's parked on which point of the wheel.  :-\

Where are you having it done if you don't mind me asking? Also rough cost?

I really need to consider sorting 3.2's
It could simply be that the wheels weren't properly cleaned when tyres were last changed, so you get a leak at the rim.

But a refurb is normally about £170 for 4 at the place I used for simple wheels, or for the chav wheels, £45 per wheel, plus £10 per wheel if it needs repair (out of round, minor welding etc) at a place near work (the headquarters of a national refurber) if I drop off/pick up.  Add extra if you need tyres removing and/or disposing.

Similar money to what I'm paying (£48 including vat, as discussed with Tunnie via pm  :y).  I did enquire at Pristine Wheels in MK as they seem to have a decent reputation but their reply was "To refurb these will be £68 each plus VAT and £20 each to remove/refit tyres" so I gave them a miss.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: 03 April 2016, 19:31:20 »

I also had WIM remove and re-sit the tyres, I still had same problem. So a refurb is way to go I think for them.

STEMO

« Reply #12333 on: 03 April 2016, 19:41:02 »

Whenever I have my tyres changed, I always ask, and watch them do it, for a good wire brushing. Not that any of my wheels will ever be old enough to need it.  :P ;D

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: 03 April 2016, 23:33:38 »

Number two head cleaned, valves relaped and new valve seals fitted oh and exhaust valves cleaned some what carbonised ;D
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

aaronjb

« Reply #12335 on: 04 April 2016, 09:57:47 »

Taken shortly before I put the second rear hub on.

Front hubs to go on the spindles once my order of M6 button heads turns up to secure the splash shields behind the hubs, rear wheels can go on just as soon as I manage to split the driveshafts (needed to order bigger circlip pliers!).

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: 04 April 2016, 13:02:19 »

Taken shortly before I put the second rear hub on.

Front hubs to go on the spindles once my order of M6 button heads turns up to secure the splash shields behind the hubs, rear wheels can go on just as soon as I manage to split the driveshafts (needed to order bigger circlip pliers!).

It's starting to look like a car!!! :D
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: 04 April 2016, 13:10:48 »

Drove it to work (2.2) realised when I got there it is green, not muck coloured grey. It needed it's first wash of the year since about September  ;D

joff

• Omega Knight
  • swindon, wilts
  • Discovery TD5 ES
    • Drives the wife mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: 04 April 2016, 14:29:59 »

I also had WIM remove and re-sit the tyres, I still had same problem. So a refurb is way to go I think for them.

Just taken mine in for refurb today, total bill will be £245 that's for 4 wheels normal silver late elite style

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: 04 April 2016, 14:49:48 »

Just taken mine in for refurb today, total bill will be £245 that's for 4 wheels normal silver late elite style

Same alloys as me, also have feeling YZ250 too? Does appear to affect later Elite alloys more  :-\

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: 04 April 2016, 15:21:16 »

I would rather push omega than drive renault

danzigfan

• Omega Knight
  • Jesenice, Slovenia
    • Omega 2.5V6, 3.0V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: 04 April 2016, 15:22:19 »

Used the 3M kit today, it makes difference :y
I would rather push omega than drive renault

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: 04 April 2016, 15:34:30 »

Same alloys as me, also have feeling YZ250 too? Does appear to affect later Elite alloys more  :-\

Yep, late Elite alloys.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #12343 on: 04 April 2016, 16:03:22 »

Fitted new front screen washer pump in the 4x4 pump £39.00 from Hyundai took about 90 mins to fit, then   took it to EMG & had the air con re gassed ready for the heatwave that's coming 😀 😀 😀

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: 04 April 2016, 16:31:08 »

I cleaned the intake manifold on my 2.2 dti . I started at 10.30am and was all clued up by 2pm. I had a real trepidation about doing the job, though a bit fiddly at times it went ok. when off, to be fair it was ok, a bit sooty but not too bad at all. both parts of intake only took about 10mins at the most to clean. the intake manifold only had one flap in situ & when manually working the actuator that stuck slightly when shut. I got rid of it. regards trying to start it wasn't too bad I never had to crack a few pipes or do anything to bleed the system just an extra battery to assist the cranking.  :y

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.