Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123235 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #15000 on: 30 August 2017, 17:42:27 »

Took it to the garage....the brakes snatch when breaking at 30/40mph and I get steering wheel shake if I brake at 70mph.

I knew what they were going to say.....so its going in on Sat for new front disks and pads....

Not a had a car in long time that the disks had be changed because of warping but doubt the disks are original as there not much of a lip on them.....

Worn suspension bushes are just as likely.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #15001 on: 30 August 2017, 21:13:54 »

Agreed a trade in on the Hyundai 4x4 , on holiday in the Yorkshire Dales & went to Harrogate this evening saw a stunning 5.7 Hemi Jeep in a dealers & the deal was done , feel like it's Christmas already.

aaronjb

« Reply #15002 on: 31 August 2017, 10:15:43 »

Agreed a trade in on the Hyundai 4x4 , on holiday in the Yorkshire Dales & went to Harrogate this evening saw a stunning 5.7 Hemi Jeep in a dealers & the deal was done , feel like it's Christmas already.

Grand Cherokee SRT? Please say yes..

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: 31 August 2017, 13:10:44 »

Took it to the garage....the brakes snatch when breaking at 30/40mph and I get steering wheel shake if I brake at 70mph.

I knew what they were going to say.....so its going in on Sat for new front disks and pads....

Not a had a car in long time that the disks had be changed because of warping but doubt the disks are original as there not much of a lip on them.....

Thankyou never realised....I will get the garage to check that  :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: 31 August 2017, 13:30:16 »

[/

I agree. A friend of mine had exactly the same symptoms on his Omega, which would pull sharply to one side under braking with a noticeable shake in the steering. It turned out the front wishbones were cheapies and were badly worn. A new set of wishbones later and all was well again.
Any brake disc issues is usually accompanied by a kicking feeling through the pedal which you haven't mentioned. Just a steering shake is usually something other than brakes.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2017, 13:33:47 by johnnydog »
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

2boxerdogs

« Reply #15005 on: 31 August 2017, 14:33:18 »

YES 😎

aaronjb

« Reply #15006 on: 31 August 2017, 14:50:13 »

YES 😎

Very nice! I tried to blag a test drive in one but could never find one at a dealer..

Towing limit is significantly lower than the non SRT, though :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: 31 August 2017, 17:32:41 »

Put a pair of decent quality rubber on the back of the Battlebus yesterday.  The bastid thing now understeers like a bastid, due to the fact the fronts are the sort of cheap budget crap poor tunny can only dream of (last forever, black and round, and never wear).

Drove Kitty to Croydon to fix a server that the courier had destroyed.  M25 was particularly shite today, for no apparent reason, other than the quality and arrogance of the drivers on it,
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: 31 August 2017, 18:39:36 »

YES 😎

Very nice! I tried to blag a test drive in one but could never find one at a dealer..

My daughter used to drive her boss's Jeep Cherokee SRT a lot and you couldn't tow at all with that as they stuck the twin zorst's right in the middle.  :)
Nice motor though.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #15009 on: 31 August 2017, 19:03:52 »

YES 😎

My daughter used to drive her boss's Jeep Cherokee SRT a lot and you couldn't tow at all with that as they stuck the twin zorst's right in the middle.  :)

Won't be towing with this beast, buying a smaller caravan so will use the Forester to tow that, have to decide whether to keep the Merc as well undecided at the moment.

STEMO

« Reply #15010 on: 31 August 2017, 19:23:41 »

YES 😎

Won't be towing with this beast, buying a smaller caravan so will use the Forester to tow that, have to decide whether to keep the Merc as well undecided at the moment.
Eh? Is this a 'for sale' thread?  ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #15011 on: 31 August 2017, 19:28:15 »

No definitely not , only way it will go is over my dead body a new caravan & kitchen will see me get my way.

aaronjb

« Reply #15012 on: 01 September 2017, 08:52:12 »

No definitely not , only way it will go is over my dead body a new caravan & kitchen will see me get my way.

;D ;D That sounds like a very expensive negotiating tactic!

.. probably cheaper than divorce, though ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #15013 on: 01 September 2017, 08:59:01 »

;D ;D That sounds like a very expensive negotiating tactic!

.. probably cheaper than divorce, though ;D

Caravan was on the cards anyway,but the kitchen will definitely tip the scales my way 😀

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: 02 September 2017, 13:26:07 »

Thankyou never realised....I will get the garage to check that  :y

It was the disks, well one disk. NS span fine by hand, but the OS had a wobble of about 1mm.

New disks and pads and braking is back to normal  :y

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.