Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143150 times)

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #2160 on: 21 March 2012, 00:30:47 »

Removed new front discs from boot and placed in hallway to remind me to get the bloody things fitted.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: 21 March 2012, 01:29:05 »

Removed new front discs from boot and placed in hallway to remind me to get the bloody things fitted.

i did mine too today crossdrilled groved & vented pair for £34!! brand new  :y

if you service the rears god dam the shoes are fiddley to replace!!  >:(

Zippy2012

• Intermediate Member
  • Worcester uk
    • 99,3.0 MV6 Est Ex Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: 21 March 2012, 01:32:58 »

fitted a full set of discs, new shoes & pads all round, repainted calipers ready for the 19s to be fitted!!

& did a 170mile road trip to pick up the 19" alloys just got to repaint & fit them tomorrow  :y

then i ask somone to upload some pix for me  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: 21 March 2012, 08:10:15 »

Earlier in this thread he has done it on AA's car.....

Don't know why. It needed rearward bushes anyway. Although its never wise to doubt the master.

Now then Mr Gizer, as you know, I had to check the top mount on AA's car as it had been diagnosed as faulty.

This was done without affecting the camber setting and can be done (not to hard either).

You do need to pop the ball joint and unclip the brake pipe and ABS wire, then its easy.....all without disturbing the camber setting.

On AA's car, I have also (since doing the top mount) popped the rear bushes out (awaiting new ones), one was fine, the other beginning to split but by no means totaly buggered.

feeutfo

« Reply #2164 on: 21 March 2012, 10:11:34 »

Don't know why. It needed rearward bushes anyway. Although its never wise to doubt the master.

Now then Mr Gizer, as you know, I had to check the top mount on AA's car as it had been diagnosed as faulty.

This was done without affecting the camber setting and can be done (not to hard either).

You do need to pop the ball joint and unclip the brake pipe and ABS wire, then its easy.....all without disturbing the camber setting.

On AA's car, I have also (since doing the top mount) popped the rear bushes out (awaiting new ones), one was fine, the other beginning to split but by no means totaly buggered.
;D so my fiver is safe then? ;D

Has the creak gone though?

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: 21 March 2012, 11:09:02 »

Who knows, its not back together yet  ;D

I think your fiver is doomed as clearly its a key requirement to reqturn the vehcile to the same state as before you started...... ;D ;D ;D :y

saltyone

• Intermediate Member
  • warrington cheshire
  • my babys
    • 53 2.6cdx /06 xj6 2.7tdvi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: 21 March 2012, 15:00:28 »

removed the power sounder as it was starting to play up  :( surprisingly easy to do. 15 Min's max  :y looked a right muppet with it going of in my hands so i chucked it in next doors fish pond  :D its ok no fish in there plus they moved out 6 weeks ago  :y
"friends help you move....REAL friends help you move bodies"

feeutfo

« Reply #2167 on: 21 March 2012, 17:26:39 »

removed the power sounder as it was starting to play up  :( surprisingly easy to do. 15 Min's max  :y looked a right muppet with it going of in my hands so i chucked it in next doors fish pond  :D its ok no fish in there plus they moved out 6 weeks ago  :y

;D hurts my ears when they go off. rather loud.

feeutfo

« Reply #2168 on: 21 March 2012, 17:31:26 »

:-X

I think your fiver is doomed as clearly its a key requirement to reqturn the vehcile to the same state as before you started...... ;D ;D ;D :y
I will see to it that only my side has an irmscher spring. No compressors needed.  :-X ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #2169 on: 21 March 2012, 17:39:12 »

:-X

I will see to it that only my side has an irmscher spring. No compressors needed.  :-X ;D
ps iirc the least bugged one was on the creaky side. Wasn't sure if it had failed, or if there was a thin piece of rubber sticking up from a moulding mark. Pas side was buggered though, so that was that.

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: 21 March 2012, 18:07:22 »

hehehehehe. Just started my 79 Suzuki x-7 for the first time in over 6 months and disappeared in a cloud of two stroke smoke. Giggles.  ;D ;D ;D Went 3rd kick as well.
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

aaronjb

« Reply #2171 on: 22 March 2012, 22:49:29 »

Put something heavy in the back..

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: 22 March 2012, 22:52:38 »

Lost my rag with the dimwits who run the roads down this way, rather retards, and in the process highlighted a potential problem with the gearbox that needs looking at  :-[
Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #2173 on: 22 March 2012, 23:02:51 »

;D ;D ;D

its ok no fish in there
have a look in the morning they might be floating  ;D

feeutfo

« Reply #2174 on: 22 March 2012, 23:34:31 »

Battled with "stick a v8 in it" 's tourer for the last couple of evenings.

Cam cover gaskets, plugs, leads. Drop links. Scuttle sealed. Wishbone bushes checked.

Poor old girl had some seized stripped and odd bolts under the bonet. Egr bracket bolt seized, had to remove the drivers side lifting eye bracket to get the egr off and deal with the seized bolt at a bench/vice. Re fitting? Well, it's a lot more of a bastard bolt than the bastard bolt. Put it that way.

Never had to cut a drop link off before. Angle grinder job.

Test drive was Very satisfying though. Manual, with a very nice exhaust note, and a lovely whistle/whine from the engine cam wheels. Window down all the way. Baaaaaaw. ;D

Bit of a step at 4k though. Possible multi ram issue. :(

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.