Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3147202 times)

Rangie and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.

adey2

• nuneaton, warwickshire
  • if all else fails hit it with a hammer
    • 2000 3.0 elite estate lpg
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #2310 on: 06 April 2012, 16:56:23 »

i have just finished changing the fuel tank that some idiot who fitted lpg sytem drilled through the top, no wonder petrol never seemed to last long, thanks for new tank red baron splendid job
v6 locking kit , code reader available, engine hoist and engine stand

also has 2.6 mv6 estate 2001, hilux surf 3.0, vectra 2.0 lpg 2000

PAULCDX

« Reply #2311 on: 06 April 2012, 17:04:51 »

Have just scrubbed and washed my set of CDX alloys which are now waiting to go onto the car  :y

Also removed all the damn little stones that sit nicely inbetween the tread  :o

aaronjb

« Reply #2312 on: 06 April 2012, 17:20:52 »

Reading.... And Slough (Slouding) area makes Banbury look like Toffville. Sorry, just does. :(

I thought something similar as I drove down from the M4 via Winkfield et al; how can such nice looking villagey type places be right next to Bracknell. Oh to have the cash to live in the nice little villagey bits!

New rear vented discs and oe pads all round ordered from Andyc. Should be here next week. Ebc green stuff, tried, tested, soon to be binned. Shite!

Still waiting on my rear pads from Andy :( he was having some delays getting them in.. and I'm sure I posted at the time not to bother with anything less than Yellowstuff ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #2313 on: 06 April 2012, 17:35:31 »

Reading.... And Slough (Slouding) area makes Banbury look like Toffville. Sorry, just does. :(

I thought something similar as I drove down from the M4 via Winkfield et al; how can such nice looking villagey type places be right next to Bracknell. Oh to have the cash to live in the nice little villagey bits!

New rear vented discs and oe pads all round ordered from Andyc. Should be here next week. Ebc green stuff, tried, tested, soon to be binned. Shite!

Still waiting on my rear pads from Andy :( he was having some delays getting them in.. and I'm sure I posted at the time not to bother with anything less than Yellowstuff ;)

You did, although these where... well, not free. But they where sitting on another car doing nothing, along with the dimpled groved discs. So on they went. :)

aaronjb

« Reply #2314 on: 06 April 2012, 17:45:38 »

You did, although these where... well, not free. But they where sitting on another car doing nothing, along with the dimpled groved discs. So on they went. :)

You can't argue with free I suppose! Well.. you can, clearly ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: 06 April 2012, 18:18:48 »

So, what were the issues with them, out of interest? Heavy car for green stuff, IMHO. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

feeutfo

« Reply #2316 on: 06 April 2012, 20:02:58 »

So, what were the issues with them, out of interest? Heavy car for green stuff, IMHO. :-\
Dead and unresponsive from cold. Lacking bite when warm, not great when hot, fade far too easily with a horrible buzz/grumble when giving it some. Can't get anywhere near tc pads performance before the pedal starts to sink to the floor after remarkably little abuse.
 You might think change the fluid, but non of these traits where present with tc pads just days before, apart from the usual.... Fairly hopeless tbh.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: 06 April 2012, 21:33:39 »

Hi all...after getting my omega back yesterday with head gasket replaced......i now had to go out today and buy a new battery...more money..but she is worth it   :y :'(

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: 07 April 2012, 07:17:04 »

Working out if I can get a Camon Scarifier into the back of it - looks doubtful though.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: 07 April 2012, 07:18:56 »

forget that actually - non starter - it will have to be Signum
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: 07 April 2012, 10:24:02 »

Changed a rear central locking motor that has been niggling for about a year on and off. What a PITA!
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

MrMoffat

• Intermediate Member
  • Lincs East Coast
  • C5CEA2C4801C
    • Mondeo TXS-Jaguar XJ40x2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: 07 April 2012, 10:51:10 »

Hi all...after getting my omega back yesterday with head gasket replaced......i now had to go out today and buy a new battery...more money..but she is worth it   :y :'(

Absolutely  :y
Mike.

omega3000

« Reply #2322 on: 07 April 2012, 14:30:52 »

Sitting in traffic watching the temp needle like a hawk ....all is well  :)

Drove it till it ran out of petrol , but the 20 miles was worth every smile per mile  ;)

doz

• Omega Knight
  • Southampton
  • LC,GSi Carlton,Omega Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: 07 April 2012, 15:10:13 »

Cleaned two lots of sick out the back of the Alhambra  :( Had to get the wet and dry vacuum out to get rid of the smell. Not impressed
If you have to ask you wouldn't understand

omega3000

« Reply #2324 on: 08 April 2012, 14:05:19 »

Driving driving driving  :) :) :) :) it dont get better than this with the temp gauge behaving as it should , going to need more tyres at this rate . SWMBO is happy now as i dont have greasy hands to maul her with  ;D

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.