Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3123340 times)

RobseyMV6

• west sussex
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #2745 on: 04 June 2012, 21:31:39 »

Took the CID out of the MV6 and put a GID in :)

Took the V8 for a drive  8)

Cheaper then last week, thunder road cleaned £175 out my pocket on fuel, one day! well 14 hours, was fun and fast!!!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: 04 June 2012, 21:33:17 »

Cheaper then last week, thunder road cleaned £175 out my pocket on fuel, one day! well 14 hours, was fun and fast!!!!
And worth every penny I imagine :D
Grumpy old man

RobseyMV6

• west sussex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: 04 June 2012, 21:37:02 »

And worth every penny I imagine :D

Was great, had to change gear at 5K due to fuel runing dry, but still got up to high speed in the 1 mile drag. happy i didn't blow the LS up, sadly someone wasn't so lucky  :'( BANG

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: 05 June 2012, 08:53:34 »

Tried to start the V6, flat battery....

Old battery on so I can lock it, battery now on charge. I'm really struggling to get my Mojo back for the V6.
some gas maybe...? :)

Trouble is, what I would want to do with it would be B4's, Eibach springs, poly front wishbones, eternal exhaust, gas it... add that lot up and and that'd keep the DTi in fuel for over 8 months and having to tighten my financial belt isn't helping.

feeutfo

« Reply #2749 on: 05 June 2012, 11:27:55 »

Old battery on so I can lock it, battery now on charge. I'm really struggling to get my Mojo back for the V6.

Trouble is, what I would want to do with it would be B4's, Eibach springs, poly front wishbones, eternal exhaust, gas it... add that lot up and and that'd keep the DTi in fuel for over 8 months and having to tighten my financial belt isn't helping.

sell the Dti! Sorted. ;D
But yes good point.

Not sure how the ecomnics compares between Dti and LPGd 3.2. But if it's even remotely close, financially, v6 refinements might swing it, no? :-\
600 miles range is always nice to see on the display though.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: 05 June 2012, 11:35:01 »

sell the Dti! Sorted. ;D
But yes good point.

Not sure how the ecomnics compares between Dti and LPGd 3.2. But if it's even remotely close, financially, v6 refinements might swing it, no? :-\

TBH, the big decider for me is that the DTi is manual and, as I may have mentioned before, I dislike the Omega Manual box with a passion ::) Of course, I also like the V6 performance for similar to DTi running costs :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: 05 June 2012, 12:09:06 »

sell the Dti! Sorted. ;D
But yes good point.

TBH, the big decider for me is that the DTi is manual and, as I may have mentioned before, I dislike the Omega Manual box with a passion ::) Of course, I also like the V6 performance for similar to DTi running costs :y

Couple of reasons why I want to keep it

1) The smoothness and refinement of an Elite V6.
2) I've spent a small fortune on this car getting it sorted and I should be enjoying the rewards of that
3) No one would ever give me the sort of money I want for it - ie. what it's worth to me.
4) I can't afford a Monaro (and to start again with sorting it out how I would want it with my tightened finance belt on!)

I think I will just have to slowly acquire the bits I want to get it to the way I want it. To me the LPG isn't high on the list beause we have his and hers DTi's to for the daily commute, the V6 will never be used day to day unless a DTi dies in a big way.

aaronjb

« Reply #2752 on: 05 June 2012, 12:18:08 »

Took the BMW for an alignment..

They sheared a camber bolt off.

Got a taxi home.. :-\

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: 05 June 2012, 12:22:25 »

sell the Dti! Sorted. ;D
But yes good point.

Can get close in a 3.2  :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: 05 June 2012, 13:07:11 »

If you drove a DTi, you'd get 800m on the range ;).  I actually once had 800m range on display on tractor, but I was being Miss Daisy due to a broken gearbox, and the range over-read by around 15%

But nobody drives like you over a tank. Not even those people getting in my way all the time ;D
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: 05 June 2012, 14:52:09 »

If you drove a DTi, you'd get 800m on the range ;).  I actually once had 800m range on display on tractor, but I was being Miss Daisy due to a broken gearbox, and the range over-read by around 15%

But nobody drives like you over a tank. Not even those people getting in my way all the time ;D

No disrespect intended, but too me, getting that out of a 3.2 on petrol defeats the whole point of a 3.2! May as well buy a 2.0 8V because you sure as hell aren't using the performance of a large engine.

If your playing sensible in a DTi and are doing long motorway miles then 700 miles is easily achievable IMHO.

EDIT: Too correct schpeling mushtakes

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: 05 June 2012, 14:57:17 »

That was achieved by 80% motorway driving, some town work. But mainly cruising around 70mph.....

Last tank averaged 29mpg, although normally its around 25  :)

I just drive normally, but plan ahead. Smooth driving is key, not a digital throttle pedal  :P 

Also reduce amount of times you brake is key too, think certain admin gets less than 7k out of brake pads. Kinda explains his rather pour fuel consumption!  ;D
« Last Edit: 05 June 2012, 14:58:48 by tunnie »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: 05 June 2012, 17:32:47 »

Also reduce amount of times you brake is key too, think certain admin gets less than 7k out of brake pads. Kinda explains his rather pour fuel consumption!  ;D
15.8mpg from last tank of gas on the 3.2, and I've well and truely shafted the front pads - they just aren't coming back after cooking them Sunday morning (in the rain).

Although I still maintain that the 3.0l is noticibly better on fuel than the 3.2l.
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: 05 June 2012, 19:32:12 »

Even driving more sensibly now because of the pup in the boot I couldn't get anywhere near that range showing Tunnie :o :o
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2759 on: 05 June 2012, 19:54:57 »

That was achieved by 80% motorway driving, some town work. But mainly cruising around 70mph.....

Last tank averaged 29mpg, although normally its around 25  :)

I just drive normally, but plan ahead. Smooth driving is key, not a digital throttle pedal  :P 

the last 9 days, I have managed to get 54 mpg avg from clit (town driving) ..  but thats a style definitely slower than the grandma..  ;D 
everyone flies past near you which is a real torture for me :(

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.