Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122886 times)

05omegav6

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #3465 on: 07 October 2012, 10:38:20 »

Planned the routing for the Lpg loom, not 100% certain on where the ecu will go, certainly osf corner, but I didn't pull the bumper off, so undecided whether I'll need to remove the compressor to feed the plug through  :-\ Bumper will be coming off anyway :-X so will have a good look then :y

I've extended the piggyback loom and added the large plugs to simplify that, and have extended the loom to the engine ecu and fitted a plug to the reducer temp sensor. :y

Tomorrow I be making brackets for the injector rails...
There is a hole in the in the metal work for existing wiring to run through under the air box,  that the quite large loom plug will fit through. I didn't remove the bumper on mine, jack car up, feed loom through, attach ecu to plug, bolt ecu to wheel arch liner. (or make brackets to bolt onto the sl compresor mounts, this does need bumper off though) Done.

:y

I did think there might be a suitable hole there, but I had only popped the headlights out ::) Bumper will be coming off anyway, so no real access issues :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: 07 October 2012, 11:21:05 »

Planned the routing for the Lpg loom, not 100% certain on where the ecu will go, certainly osf corner, but I didn't pull the bumper off, so undecided whether I'll need to remove the compressor to feed the plug through  :-\ Bumper will be coming off anyway :-X so will have a good look then :y

I've extended the piggyback loom and added the large plugs to simplify that, and have extended the loom to the engine ecu and fitted a plug to the reducer temp sensor. :y

Tomorrow I be making brackets for the injector rails...
I bolted my ECU to SL compressor bracket. Remember, socket downwards.

Not overly comfortable with the Gixer-screw-it-to-liner option, but thats just me...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: 07 October 2012, 11:22:56 »

Took the Kwaka for an MOT.

Now need to decide whether to fix it, or scrap it.

I'm tempted by latter, but suspect I'll never ride another bike  :'(

What did it fail on?
Shall I start a poll?
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #3468 on: 07 October 2012, 11:29:12 »

Took the Kwaka for an MOT.

Now need to decide whether to fix it, or scrap it.

I'm tempted by latter, but suspect I'll never ride another bike  :'(

What did it fail on?
Shall I start a poll?

Why not, an entrrtaining Sunday morning quiz of sorts :y

albitz

« Reply #3469 on: 07 October 2012, 11:39:48 »

My LPG ECU originally lived between the header tank and the airbox,which meant the airbox couldnt sit on its mountings - professional install again. ::)
I moved it from there and left it sitting under that lot resting on the engine undertray,not bolted to anything.This was a temporary measure about 2 years ago,but I cant decide where exactly to move it to. :-\

feeutfo

« Reply #3470 on: 07 October 2012, 12:56:04 »

I would guess if there's enough slack in the loom to reach the under tray, there'd be slack enough to feed it through to the pump area...?

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: 07 October 2012, 13:04:30 »

Oil pressure sensor on my DTi.

If you need to do this job you'll need a deep 24mm socket unless your's will undo with a spanner.

Hooked 3.2 up to the CTEK charger and now commencing a transfer of electrons from the thouse to the car  ::)

Guinney1971

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottinghamshire
    • Renault Grand Scenic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: 07 October 2012, 15:16:42 »

Omega wouldnt start this morning, so the battery is now on charge ......... however I'm not using the car now as me and the other half have swapped cars. 

It has made sense to swap, as I'm doing more miles then him - all he does is drive the 15 miles to Derby on a Monday, pick up the works van, use that all week, then drive 15 miles home again on Friday - I'm doing 100-200 a week, and spending about £50 a month on LPG, whereas his car runs on free fuel (filtered wasted cooking oil).  I dont actually *need* a massive estate car during the week, the Cavalier has a big enough boot to cope with the pushchair and the weekly shop - before the Omega I had an Astra Convertible  and that had no issues with boot space either.

So I'm now pootling about in our faithful old Cavalier 1.7TD, with lovely heated leather seats, and Phill is using the Omega - and a tank of fuel in the Omega now lasts 5-6 weeks instead of 2 - kerching!  :y

However, he did book the car in with a garage last week, and he had the oil seal done (as it was piddling oil all over the floor of the storeroom where its parked at work all week), the key fob reprogrammed and the handbrake adjusted - total cost £225 inc labour and parts, which doesnt sound too bad tbh.

Anyway, here's a pic of my new daily hack, after I spent 3hrs cleaning and polishing after she passed her MOT last month - she don't scrub up too bad for a 17yr old Cavalier  8)

Claire
Claire & Phill
Renault Grand Scenic 'Maxim' 1.9dCi 120

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: 07 October 2012, 18:29:16 »

Yup, that old Chavalier scrubs up well :y. Stunning, in fact.

Even if it does stink like a chippy ;D

:y
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #3474 on: 07 October 2012, 18:38:55 »

Mine doesnt scrub up nearly so well,but it definitely stinks like a chippy.Constantly feel hungry driving it. ;D
Is that the genuine number plate for the car btw ? If so its  8) 8)

05omegav6

« Reply #3475 on: 07 October 2012, 18:46:36 »

Made the bracket for one injector rail, and cut a template ready for tother side. That'll be tomorrows job now its nearly dark ::) might even paint the reversing sensors :-\

Note to self: clear all the crap out of the garage then I can work indoors with heat and light and stuff ::)

Guinney1971

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottinghamshire
    • Renault Grand Scenic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: 07 October 2012, 23:58:59 »

Mine doesnt scrub up nearly so well,but it definitely stinks like a chippy.Constantly feel hungry driving it. ;D
Is that the genuine number plate for the car btw ? If so its  8) 8)

Lol, I bought the plate as a prezzy for Phill in 2008, previously the car was on an M plate.

She smells more like a chicken bbq then a chippy - remember, chip shops dont change their oil, the just get the fish heads and batter out then top it up again lol

We get our oil from pubs and cafe's - you soon find out where not to eat after seeing their oil  ;-)

Claire
« Last Edit: 08 October 2012, 00:05:03 by Guinney1971 »
Claire & Phill

albitz

« Reply #3477 on: 08 October 2012, 00:04:22 »

I was getting free oil from a chip shop but it was an absolute sod to filter and even then I was changing fuel filters (at £15 a pop) every 500 miles.I currently have about 250 litres of superb quality oil (bought from "Cathy,s" previous owner) and the car runs great on it and Ive just changed the filter after 1500 miles,which to me is acceptable. :y
Dont know where Im going to find that quality of oil when my stock runs out though. :(
One local chip shop gave a me a cubie full of the stuff they had just changed,and it was so thick & greasy I couldnt even pour it out.Had to shake it and bang the sides to shift it. :o ;D.....I havent been back their for chips since. ::)
« Last Edit: 08 October 2012, 00:06:36 by Albitz »

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #3478 on: 08 October 2012, 00:07:10 »

Looks the the car behind the Cavalier is from back to the future  if that makes sense lol :y

Guinney1971

• Intermediate Member
  • Nottinghamshire
    • Renault Grand Scenic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: 08 October 2012, 00:09:02 »

We made our own flyers offering £3 per 20L of decent veg oil.
Got one decent new source, plus our old regulars.
Its worth approaching your local pubs, restaurants and cafes, places like Bookers pay them
£2 for old 20L tubs, so if you can match or beat it your sorted :-)

Claire
Claire & Phill

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.