Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3144275 times)

05omegav6

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #10665 on: 11 July 2015, 21:41:04 »

Fix the misfire problems, do what I suggested with Shell V Power and injector cleaner and the codes should clear themselves...

The 0430 will return eventually but can be ignored ;)

mka306

« Reply #10666 on: 11 July 2015, 21:48:38 »

Fix the misfire problems, do what I suggested with Shell V Power and injector cleaner and the codes should clear themselves...

Misfire is sorted so no dramas with that but the light came back on and that's the 0430 code, I'm having sports cats fitted but wasn't sure if the code would clear so tech 2 was my next thought.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: 11 July 2015, 21:55:57 »

Misfire is sorted so no dramas with that but the light came back on and that's the 0430 code, I'm having sports cats fitted but wasn't sure if the code would clear so tech 2 was my next thought.
Wont clear the code, as its the pre's that cause it, just get lamdas moved or  modified 3.0L downpipes.
« Last Edit: 11 July 2015, 21:57:39 by biggriffin »
Hoof'land storeman.

mka306

« Reply #10668 on: 11 July 2015, 22:14:42 »

Wont clear the code, as its the pre's that cause it, just get lamdas moved or  modified 3.0L downpipes.

What are modified 3.0l downpipes?

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: 11 July 2015, 22:28:17 »

Weld in a second boss after each cat for the pre-cat lambda sensors and grind a couple of millimetres off the flange spigot so that it will fit the face-lift exhaust manifolds.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

mka306

« Reply #10670 on: 11 July 2015, 22:37:47 »

Weld in a second boss after each cat for the pre-cat lambda sensors and grind a couple of millimetres off the flange spigot so that it will fit the face-lift exhaust manifolds.

Sounds great but far beyond my skill set or the tools I own. I will ask if the custom exhaust chaps can replace the previous cats with custom made ones.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: 11 July 2015, 22:42:15 »

Sounds great but far beyond my skill set or the tools I own. I will ask if the custom exhaust chaps can replace the previous cats with custom made ones.

Waist of money. It's the position of the sensors and the condition of the pre cat that causes the code. The main cat is fine, so moving the sensor position WILL fix the fault. And for a tiny fraction of the cost.

...as said. Rep sing the cats will not fix the fault, so a waste of money as the old cats are fine.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: 11 July 2015, 22:47:51 »

The custom exhaust chaps will be able to weld the bosses for you, at a fraction of the cost of not fixing the problem!

aaronjb

« Reply #10673 on: 11 July 2015, 23:12:28 »

(Helped) replace a rear spring on a friends DTi estate.

Oil change, air filter, pollen filter and spark plugs on the 645. My those rear plugs are a sod to get out as the firewall is only 3" away from the heads.

Also drove a friends manual 645Ci coupe - feels a little faster than mine (it's 300kg lighter so that's no surprise) but has comedy body roll in corners as he doesn't have the active roll bar.

Fun day..

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: 12 July 2015, 15:22:51 »

Swapped the battery, hopefully it's a dying cell that was causing the sluggish starting, certainly the charging from the Alternator looks OK.

So far so good, car started OK this morning and at the petrol station, starter motor was spinning at the normal speed. managed to squeeze 65.5l in the tank as well!  ::) Original battery was charged last night using the CTek and seemed to take a full charge, multi-meter read 12.52v this morning so will check it again later....

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #10675 on: 12 July 2015, 17:00:53 »

Time to pull the fuse on the sunroof , click click click click open shut open shut all the way to Billing and back with the a/c escaping the hatch  ::) Now to find which fuse to pull without Please read the manual  ::)
Omegatitis

mka306

« Reply #10676 on: 12 July 2015, 17:14:08 »

The custom exhaust chaps will be able to weld the bosses for you, at a fraction of the cost of not fixing the problem!

Thats a good idea, I shall ask them if they can do the job, what size boss do I need?

05omegav6

« Reply #10677 on: 12 July 2015, 17:49:11 »

Think there's a guide now...

mka306

« Reply #10678 on: 12 July 2015, 18:02:28 »

Think there's a guide now...

Yeh found it, thanks. I've ordered two 25mm boss's and two blanking bolts. Thanks once again for the help and advice :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: 12 July 2015, 19:28:22 »

Drove it about 5miles and broke down.HBV let go big style for some reason.No little leak or any other indication it was about to do so.I take it these are GM only-just about everything else on these seems to be!

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.