Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3144642 times)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #11565 on: 15 December 2015, 00:15:05 »

After finding the passenger footwell swimming again last week, lifted the carpet and foam and dried them all out. Scuttle was clear, sunroof drains clear, so a bit of a head scratcher. Noticed the bottom windscreen seal had come away slightly from the screen, and reseated it. Not sure if that would cause the problem or not. Since then, after all the torrential rain we had up north over the weekend just gone, it's perfectly dry. Good news, but a bit baffled why....just have to put all the trim back. Might just wait few more days for more rain to make sure. Don't normally hope it rains, but...
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

05omegav6

« Reply #11566 on: 16 December 2015, 01:56:14 »

Drove it to Brackley and back, via WIM... drives beautifully  8)

Broke it :'( smacked a pothole just before WIM, and all checked out ok, no balljoint or drop link play... but it now knocks like a biatch >:( sounds heavier than droplinks, and lack of play suggests they are fine, which only leaves shocks, (600 mile old B4s) or top mounts (600 mile old Febi) :-\

Will start with fresh droplinks and Monaro HD topmounts...

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11567 on: 16 December 2015, 09:34:50 »

After finding the passenger footwell swimming again last week, lifted the carpet and foam and dried them all out. Scuttle was clear, sunroof drains clear, so a bit of a head scratcher. Noticed the bottom windscreen seal had come away slightly from the screen, and reseated it. Not sure if that would cause the problem or not. Since then, after all the torrential rain we had up north over the weekend just gone, it's perfectly dry. Good news, but a bit baffled why....just have to put all the trim back. Might just wait few more days for more rain to make sure. Don't normally hope it rains, but...

I know it's a 'what have you done' not a 'help section' however, I had a bad leak. Caused by...

leaking sunroof (corroded frame letting water by)
blocked scuttle drains
rusted windscreen frame, causing lifting of the rubber/breaking seal between glass and car

Each was causing a bit of a leak, and as each was cured, the leaks diminished in severity. It's rare, and 9/10 the scuttle drains, but it can be the screen. Hope it's fixed  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11568 on: 17 December 2015, 11:35:02 »

The airbag warning light has been on since I dropped my phone between the seat and console.

So I removed the fire extinguisher, jacked the seat up and jiggled all the connections I could reach. Reset the warning light and it's stayed off, so although the back of the phone is still scratched I'm calling it a success.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11569 on: 17 December 2015, 15:12:01 »

The airbag warning light has been on since I dropped my phone between the seat and console.

So I removed the fire extinguisher, jacked the seat up and jiggled all the connections I could reach. Reset the warning light and it's stayed off, so although the back of the phone is still scratched I'm calling it a success.

Its insured  let it burn.
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11570 on: 17 December 2015, 15:19:44 »

Its insured  let it burn.

The fire extinguisher isn't to save the car, but the stuff that may be in it. Then the insurance can sort the car, as I don't want one that's been on fire.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11571 on: 17 December 2015, 16:30:22 »

Fitted a go faster sun strip on the bus  :D ;D
Omegatitis

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11572 on: 17 December 2015, 22:47:25 »

Does it have your names on it :D :D

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #11573 on: 18 December 2015, 07:00:58 »

Does it have your names on it :D :D

Its an Omega not a DelBoy Capri Ghia...... :)

Anyhoo, Iv sorted the HG - again - hope it lasts a bit longer than 6 months this time... however, Iv got a slight oil leak from the NS cam cover, even with new gasket fitted....

The quest continues...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

2boxerdogs

« Reply #11574 on: 18 December 2015, 07:05:31 »

Fitted new front wipers to the Terracan also changed the air & pollen filters, all nice easy jobs.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11575 on: 18 December 2015, 10:16:39 »

Poked the breathers with a bent paperclip. They weren't done very long ago, and were done I think thoroughly; however, wanted to eliminate these from my list of suspects.

Dropped a bonnet bolt the other week, I searched in the long grass for ages, before nicking one off the donor Omega. Just found it in the engine bay!
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11576 on: 18 December 2015, 13:22:10 »

Fitted some new wiper blades on the bus . Lost my rag with the rear wiper when it wouldn't come off  >:( Was fitted with genuine mazda blades a few weeks ago by previous owner , all 3 of them split  ::) £5 for three flat blades free delivery ...sorted  :D
Omegatitis

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #11577 on: 18 December 2015, 14:17:03 »

New brake pads all round.   :y

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

05omegav6

« Reply #11578 on: 18 December 2015, 14:23:33 »

Replaced both 600 mile old Febi front top mounts with Pedders heavy duty Monaro ones... job jobbed 8)

Febi mounts showed no obvious damage, but top plate now sits a 1/4" off the wing and exactly where I expected it to be, rather than the 1/2" of the Febi ones :-\

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #11579 on: 18 December 2015, 15:13:37 »

Replaced both 600 mile old Febi front top mounts with Pedders heavy duty Monaro ones... job jobbed 8)

Febi mounts showed no obvious damage, but top plate now sits a 1/4" off the wing and exactly where I expected it to be, rather than the 1/2" of the Febi ones :-\

Interesting... given my identical issue. How much were the bits?

Today, I have removed the CD player from the MV6 to get the code off the side - buggering it in the process. Also removed the radio from the 190, discovered the aerial fittings were different, had a paddy, and put the old one back in. I don't get on with radios, clearly.

I've also replaced the rear donuts on the Special, given the surrounding chassis some BH treatment, slapped some Hammerite on the suspension arms, refitted the rear brake lamp... Greased everything that moves on the 190, fitted some stonking new headlamp bulbs and taillamps... derusted and painted the spare wheels for it (with tyres made of real rubber rather than melted Chinese Lego), painted the bush covers for the Special... I've just spent a few hours running between cars as and when I thought of things that I needed to do.

I fully expect to go out and find that I've fitted a 190 wheel into the centre console of the MV6, and painted the Special's radio...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.