Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143856 times)

VXL V6 and 36 Guests are viewing this topic.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #11595 on: 20 December 2015, 19:46:16 »

Removed rear blind, door cards, various aerials, windscreen trim, scuttle and radiator cowl.

Washed the other one!

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11596 on: 20 December 2015, 23:07:43 »

Had done 110k were originals, so 13years old.
Bush fell out when tweaked with podger bar,only changed them because I had a pair and was bored, otherwise wouldn't have bothered.
Didn't use a chisel, because couldn't find one long enough, need to buy some new ones, so I just jig-saw'ed a slot, and pry'ed it out with the bar, then pushed new ones in with a jack.
 Haven't noticed any real difference at legal speeds, yet. Photos of old ones later. :y

Omegatitis

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11597 on: 20 December 2015, 23:09:42 »

Fired the mig up after 2 weeks , guess the battery is holding charge now and good to leave on over xmas for a few weeks more  :)
Omegatitis

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11598 on: 21 December 2015, 09:56:44 »

Bush fell out when tweaked with podger bar,only changed them because I had a pair and was bored, otherwise wouldn't have bothered.
Didn't use a chisel, because couldn't find one long enough, need to buy some new ones, so I just jig-saw'ed a slot, and pry'ed it out with the bar, then pushed new ones in with a jack.
 Haven't noticed any real difference at legal speeds, yet. Photos of old ones later. :y

[/img]

as promised.
Hoof'land storeman.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11599 on: 21 December 2015, 09:59:09 »

Topped up the oil. Seems to have burnt a bit in 1k, but we'll see, might be just 'in my head'  :-\

Clipped the rain sensor in place on the screen. (still don't have the wiring done, but better than the sensor rattling around the glovebox  :D)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

aaronjb

« Reply #11600 on: 21 December 2015, 11:05:36 »

Spent all morning doing something that looked like an hours work on Youtube.. ;D Fitting a roll-top cover to the back of the truck:

Watertight now ready to take 1000Kg of christmas presents with us at Christmas.. ;D

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11601 on: 21 December 2015, 13:13:48 »

[/img]

as promised.

Wow totally oppsed then  :o When i had a set replaced on the MV i couldnt tell any difference in handling either  :-\
Omegatitis

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #11602 on: 21 December 2015, 19:27:15 »

I'm looking forward to doing the bushes on my new 190... at the moment dual carriageways are a little... vague.

Just pricing up shocks, springs, bushes and brakes, it's all looking very reasonable... then I realise I still haven't spent £80 on the Merc spring tool so I don't end up in A&E...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11603 on: 22 December 2015, 00:41:48 »

I'm looking forward to doing the bushes on my new 190... at the moment dual carriageways are a little... vague.

Just pricing up shocks, springs, bushes and brakes, it's all looking very reasonable... then I realise I still haven't spent £80 on the Merc spring tool so I don't end up in A&E...

Check the balljoints for stiffness. They seize up over and you only realise when they snap, allowing the suspension leg and wheel to shoot backwards suddenly, which will put the car on its roof if it occurs at a decent speed. Don't need the Merc spring tool to change them, but it would be needed to change the springs. If you join the 190 forum, you may be able to borrow one from someone on there.
Great cars though. I have one myself and love it. Its only covered 221000 miles, so everything is still a bit tight.  :)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11604 on: 22 December 2015, 13:51:37 »

Found a sports button on the gearbox in the mpv  :o :o :o Wondered what the illumination on the dash meant  :D :D ;D
Omegatitis

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11605 on: 22 December 2015, 16:58:47 »

Changed 2.2's donuts at 183k, wish I never had, made the car far too stiff.

I used big ass screwdriver to start wiggling it out, then rammed a brake caliper spreader in there, used that to push the donut out.
5 or more years ago I told you all the suspension components were shot on your 2.2.  I know you quite like the Huggy Bear amercian feel, and that warm feeling that the car isn't connected to the roadwheels, but it isn't right.  I suspect had you put in OE bushes, you would say the same.

I don't think the polys are that much stiffer than new bushes. Their big advantage is they don't wear, where as rubber wears from the moment it goes on.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11606 on: 22 December 2015, 17:01:33 »

Fired the mig up after 2 weeks , guess the battery is holding charge now and good to leave on over xmas for a few weeks more  :)
Charge it.  Leaving a battery partially discharged (which it will be now, as its started car, and been sat idle for 2 weeks) severely and quickly shags them.

Hence, Battlebus is on my driveway, filling up with electricity as we speak.
Grumpy old man

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11607 on: 22 December 2015, 18:40:56 »

Charge it.  Leaving a battery partially discharged (which it will be now, as its started car, and been sat idle for 2 weeks) severely and quickly shags them.

Hence, Battlebus is on my driveway, filling up with electricity as we speak.

Shall take it of and put on optimate , its a new battery  :D
Omegatitis

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11608 on: 22 December 2015, 18:44:35 »

However you want to charge it. I'm unimpressible with both Optimate and Ctek chargers, but I think they're not man enough for car batteries, despite claims.

Matters not if battery is new or old, it will be shagged by the abuse of leaving half flat for extended periods.
Grumpy old man

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #11609 on: 22 December 2015, 18:47:14 »

However you want to charge it. I'm unimpressible with both Optimate and Ctek chargers, but I think they're not man enough for car batteries, despite claims.

Matters not if battery is new or old, it will be shagged by the abuse of leaving half flat for extended periods.

Best stick it on the bus then as that one is an original from mazda and struggles  ;D
Omegatitis

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.