Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3143644 times)

VXL V6, Migv6 le Frog Fan and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

feeutfo

Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #2625 on: 20 May 2012, 09:23:57 »

Washed it, claybar'd it (to get the winter grime off it), dried it, polished it.
Annual scuttle clean.

At the risk of a royal caning, what's claybarring? I have a gay friend who may answer it, but I'm afearred to ask...... :-[

http://www.meguiars-online.co.uk/shop/products/quik-clay-starter-kit/?gclid=CN3JsvLRi7ACFY5pfAod7EAEpA

Never come across that, good I assume?

Makes the paintwork silky smooth, removes all the dirt and grime without damaging the laquer.
purpose is to remove all the sharp impurities that stick to the paint, so they don't come loose during polishing and put more scratches in than your looking to take out.
After thorough washing the paint is not clean. Look closely and you'll see and feel sharp particles and bits of brown tar and crap that washing won't remove. Clay bar removes these, although some times a product like iron ex is needed to remove heavily soiled deposits.
Once properly clean, polish away.

albitz

« Reply #2626 on: 20 May 2012, 18:44:54 »

Ws doing a couple of little cosmetic jobs to an Omega including fitting a windscreen seal which for some reason didnt want to seat properly.Unusually for me these days,I had a ful blown hissy fit,toys right out of the pram - expletives,yelling,tools thrown all over the shop. ::) :-[ ;D
Got in the old Cavalier and went for a drive around some nice little scenic country lanes for half an hour and then came back and had another go. The seal went into place nice & easy then. ::)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: 20 May 2012, 18:50:11 »

Ws doing a couple of little cosmetic jobs to an Omega including fitting a windscreen seal which for some reason didnt want to seat properly.Unusually for me these days,I had a ful blown hissy fit,toys right out of the pram - expletives,yelling,tools thrown all over the shop. ::) :-[ ;D
Got in the old Cavalier and went for a drive around some nice little scenic country lanes for half an hour and then came back and had another go. The seal went into place nice & easy then. ::)

I'm usually like this with everything... for some reason i'm calm when i work on the car. well there was one incident...  :-X :-X :-X ::)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

feeutfo

« Reply #2628 on: 20 May 2012, 18:53:16 »

I'm usually like this with everything... for some reason i'm calm when i work on the car. well there was one incident...  :-X :-X :-X ::)
Webby, your wording sounds very familiar. ;)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: 20 May 2012, 18:57:23 »

Webby, your wording sounds very familiar. ;)

You the same, chris?  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

omega3000

« Reply #2630 on: 20 May 2012, 21:36:19 »

Esp when the spanner slips and knuckles are your impact area , smashed my knuckles hitting the ball joint  >:( blood and guts all over the place but the oil and grease stemmed most of the flow  ;D filled the swear box that day .

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: 20 May 2012, 21:57:44 »

Esp when the spanner slips and knuckles are your impact area , smashed my knuckles hitting the ball joint  >:( blood and guts all over the place but the oil and grease stemmed most of the flow  ;D filled the swear box that day .

done exactly the same.... pullled the aux tensioner down and that fekkin air injection pipe bracket stayed strong when my wrench slipped and my hand smashed it. after i'd calmed down and retrieved every tool i have from the bottom of the garden i was gutted that it was bruised and not cut. i want some decent scars!  >:(
RIP Paul Lovejoy

omega3000

« Reply #2632 on: 20 May 2012, 22:05:41 »

done exactly the same.... pullled the aux tensioner down and that fekkin air injection pipe bracket stayed strong when my wrench slipped and my hand smashed it. after i'd calmed down and retrieved every tool i have from the bottom of the garden i was gutted that it was bruised and not cut. i want some decent scars!  >:(
;D ;D ;D ;D

twiglet

• Omega Baron
  • Norwich, Norfolk
  • 2008 BMW E61 535D LCi M Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: 20 May 2012, 23:01:49 »

Told you they can be a pig!  ;D
It doesn't matter how far you push the envelope, it will always be stationery...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: 20 May 2012, 23:06:29 »

removed the upper assembly on MotherT's Elite Estate shocks today, to fit the metal sleeve for supporting rubber. As I missed doing that when fitting the shocks before, took less than 15 mins per side, all went well.

Also broken into an certain admins garden, used the Estates new suspension to good use and weighed in his old rusty doors!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: 21 May 2012, 08:45:20 »

Ive done the steering idler on big blue....huge improvement :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: 21 May 2012, 09:01:19 »

Also broken into an certain admins garden, used the Estates new suspension to good use and weighed in his old rusty doors!
LOL - I hadn't noticed ;D ;D ;D

Cheers, student :y
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: 21 May 2012, 10:08:37 »

LOL - I hadn't noticed ;D ;D ;D

Cheers, student :y

No problemo  :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: 21 May 2012, 17:18:06 »

Replaced the B&*#ard Bolt! Well, what did you expect for 1 days work? The first one disappeared into Davy Jones Henry Ford's locker, I hope it finds its own way out. :-[

buttsy19

• gateshead
    • omega 2.2 cd, mini cooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: 21 May 2012, 18:09:56 »

Replaced both anti roll bar drop links, althought i had to grind the bolts off both of them 3 hours later i have new links fitted.
On a side note the car now does not seem to tramline as much. New set of discs and pads to fit and a full service within the next 2 weeks, currently doing 1200 miles a month so service schedules are around the 4 month mark.
If it aint broke, break it, then fix it

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.