Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3122984 times)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #10155 on: 11 May 2015, 18:03:43 »

Got a lot of bits of Mercedes 190E engine removed and piled up. Then practiced my Anglo Saxon when I discovered the least accessible exhaust manifold nut had been mullered by a previous owner. Tried all manner of methods to no avail, so its either a grinder through the downpipes, or a nut splitter (if I can get in).

Then a coil pack turned up for the MV6, so I fitted that and gave it a celebratory clean.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #10156 on: 11 May 2015, 18:37:19 »

Dropped it off at Vauxhall in order for them to do the now due service which they failed to do in January when I bought it :-X

Got given a 1.2 Corsa in exchange :D

That's a fair swap, I'd keep it if I were you  ::) ;D

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: 11 May 2015, 18:47:20 »

Got a lot of bits of Mercedes 190E engine removed and piled up. Then practiced my Anglo Saxon when I discovered the least accessible exhaust manifold nut had been mullered by a previous owner. Tried all manner of methods to no avail, so its either a grinder through the downpipes, or a nut splitter (if I can get in).

Then a coil pack turned up for the MV6, so I fitted that and gave it a celebratory clean.
A Dremel with a diamond coated bit is my tool of last resort when I need to carefully grind away something like that. (or maybe carve some grooves to get a torx socket on).
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: 11 May 2015, 20:15:15 »

Fitted the Monroe air suspension I got on Saturday :)

Found out that my levelling pump has developed an irritating noise when it starts up..... could do with finding a replacement now....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

The Sheriff

« Reply #10159 on: 11 May 2015, 20:17:46 »

Found out that my levelling pump has developed an irritating noise when it starts up..... could do with finding a replacement now....
Same thing here..with the wife. :(

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: 11 May 2015, 20:19:13 »

Can't you trade her in? You of all people should be familiar with that process? ;)

The Sheriff

« Reply #10161 on: 11 May 2015, 20:21:35 »

Can't you trade her in? You of all people should be familiar with that process? ;)
Done that twice already, they all seem to develop the same fault after about ten years of 'heavy use'. ;D

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: 11 May 2015, 20:43:52 »

My 1st wife developed the same irritating noise too LOL

My 2nd wife is an angel, she's registered disabled now with, amongst other things, Chronic Arthritis - its in every joint on her body.... hasn't reached the jaw yet though LOL
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: 11 May 2015, 20:47:01 »

Paid for some cam covers from a member on here.Just waiting for them to arrive in the near future,then I just need a couple of hours spare and some dry weather at the same time so's I can fit them.Then maybe the old barge will be in a condition to use again!

The Sheriff

« Reply #10164 on: 11 May 2015, 20:47:37 »

My 1st wife developed the same irritating noise too LOL

My 2nd wife is an angel, she's registered disabled now with, amongst other things, Chronic Arthritis - its in every joint on her body.... hasn't reached the jaw yet though LOL

;D ;D

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #10165 on: 12 May 2015, 11:26:35 »

Just hit 48K  :y

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: 12 May 2015, 19:53:34 »

A Dremel with a diamond coated bit is my tool of last resort when I need to carefully grind away something like that. (or maybe carve some grooves to get a torx socket on).

The exhaust isn't going to need saving, and I suspect the engine will be FUBAR (since it lost all of its oil and coolant in an oversteer-related incident :( ) - so I think I'm going to be borrowing a grinder in the near future... but a Dremel is certainly on the Xmas list.

Anyhow, today I've reassembled the rear shelf and seats of the ex plod and given them a good scrub, thoroughly cleaned the MV6 interior, and best of all, got the radio working. At risk of sounding like a Viz top tip, save money on expensive radio decoding - simply remove the head unit and see if the previous owner (or, in this case, a certain Mr DND) has written the code on the label...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

05omegav6

« Reply #10167 on: 12 May 2015, 22:13:52 »

Collected it from Vauxhall... 4 year/80k service carried out, new front discs/pads fitted and undertray repaired.

All FOC, including the courtesy car and valet 8)

Discs and pads alone were nearly £250 ::) still that'll learn them :D

The Corsa isn't a bad little car, but I couldn't live with the 1.2... takes an age to accelerate,  and then once upto speed you have to really wring it's wheezy neck to maintain any sort of progress :-\

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: 12 May 2015, 22:28:27 »

The Corsa isn't a bad little car, but I couldn't live with the 1.2... takes an age to accelerate,  and then once upto speed you have to really wring it's wheezy neck to maintain any sort of progress :-\

We had a couple delivered as courtesy cars, and I was sent out in one to do the banking.

When I got back my boss asked what I thought, "as they've got all the kit."

My reaction was that somebody forgot to install any suspension, and all that happens when you put your foot down is that it gets louder. And the visibility is shit.

05omegav6

« Reply #10169 on: 12 May 2015, 23:32:55 »

Well, when you put it like that... ;D

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.